1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get jealous when someone buys your type of doll?

Jul 24, 2005

1. Hmmmm Im not sure... the doll I currently have is the only one on this forum... and it looks like Lovelyhouse isnt open now and nobodys sure when it will be - so I never gave it much thought... I think it would be nice to see another LH ShinE, but at the same time - I know the minute I do I might get sad cause as I once said, "having an unpopular doll is like having an unlimited limited doll". And it is. I mean just cause theres one more doesnt make it popular, but its not as unique anymore... and as for my girl coming... Tender Bee-A, there arent too many of her on DOA either, and even if there was - I KNOW who she is going to be for sure, and she will be a lot differant from any other like herself!

2. I don't get jealous when other people have the same dolls I do, because I love to see Chiwoos and Woosoos so much! I do get a little jealous when I see people naming thier dolls the same as mine though.... but only a little....

3. Nope. :3 That would be ridiculous, since it is impossible for all of us to have a one of a kind doll mold than the next person.

4. It doesn't bother me too much.. it just bothers me when I see people blatantly getting a doll of the same mold as someone elses and modeling it exactly after them or what not, or taking their idea. Every doll deserves their own individuality...

I like seeing the range of Els out there, and while sometimes I get a little annoyed with the pure number of them, I don't love mine any less. Kaitou and Kage are my darlings and always will be. As for my Shiwoo vampire.. there's only a couple others out there, which is strange because he's a gorgeous headmold, but I wouldn't be too upset to see more with him.

I think it depends on my mood on how much it bugs me... ^^;

5. Well since some of my dolls are really popular head molds (like F-16 and El) then it'd be kind of silly to get angry about it. Especially getting angry at people just talking about the doll. Seems like a bit of an extreme reaction to me.

I would get annoyed if someone bought the same doll as mine and decided to customize it very similarly. :x

But just talking about a doll...no that doesn't bother me at all. Unless of course they are insulting the doll. Then that's just plain rude and yeah, I'd get irritated.

6. Nah. I have an El, like 90% of the universe, and I'm getting an Isao, like 75% of the universe.

Quite a few Anis out there, as well.

I like seeing other dolls the same as mine! It's really amazing how different they all are. Lutz doesn't look like anybody else's El, even if he has the default Luts El faceup. :D He's his own boy, and even if another El were smacked down next to him in the same wig, eyes and outfit and also with a default El faceup... I'd still be able to tell which was him. ^_^

Same thing with the Isao. I probably won't ever wipe his faceup until it absolutely has to be re-done, but he'll still be himself and unique. :D

And of course Nai is also different from other Anis. ^_^

And the less popular molds I plan on, when I see them I'm excited! Link isn't a popular boy for some reason, so seeing them is all the more special. Same with Angel Elf Soo or F-20s. ^_^

7. Like so many who own F-16s and have replied, it would be kind of silly for me to get upset because Azure won't be a unique headmold. It's going to be his face-up and customizations that make him unique. Azure will be the only F-16 who has his exact combination of hands, feet, legs, wig, eyes, face-up, etc. If someone copied him exactly, I'd be upset, but I wouldn't mind if certain aspects inspired someone to customize their doll. But as far as the headmold goes, no, I don't get jealous of current or future F-16 owners.

Even Angel will be unique, even though Yder isn't limited and is likely to be fairly popular. Even if/when I get his identical twin, Azriel won't look exactly like Angel. He wears his hair differently and will have a sterner, tougher face-up. And again, their piercings and tattoos will set them apart from each other and other Yders.

8. there are like a kajillion f-08's out there, there's even a webring just for them. Have i have seen 2 f-08's look alike? nope :) so i have no problems there and well Riddle just special :grin:

9. Nah. I bought a Mir after seeing Choco...she was just too cute a mold!

What I doooo get irky at is when I see one get sold. Elf Ttories- not so much, because usually they look so different. But I saw a Mir for sale a while ago and got choked up! It was like my Odette was up on the chopping block!

But nah, not jealous if someone buys one. :)

10. Nope ^ ^ Im happy when I see another person with a U!
      I like seeing the many ways that he can be customized and it helps to give me ideas as to what I can do with my U :chibi

11. Not at all, if anything it never ceases to amaze me how different the same doll can look! I've never seen a Lishe who resembles my Bella, even though I've seen a few around here with the same wig as hers, for example.

12. What a lot of people have said, I think.

Essentially, the dolls are the paper that the artwork happens on. Once it arrives on your doorstep, the doll transforms from 'the El' or 'the Lishe' or 'my Hound' to a little being with a name and a look and a personality.

As for my style or name being copied...well, I'm not sure anyone would want to copy what I do with my stuff. It might be too drab for them ;)

13. Sometimes! I know it's childish so I try not to.
      I feel more for other Nonos who are being sold.. it makes me cuddle my girl closely!

14. Nope not really. But if like...someone bought a Tsubaki and began to make him look just like Sora (would anyone even want to do that? o_o;;) I would get a bit creeped out and confused, but not jealous. I forget that Sora is a Tsubaki sometimes. When I look at others Tsubakis they look like they are not even the same doll as Sora. I have no idea if that even makes sense. XD

15. Nope, one of the neat things about BJDs is how different they look depending on the people who own them. And even if someone had a Jade doll made up and dressed just like Hikaru, it still wouldn't be *my* Hikaru :grin:

16. It doesn't bother me at all. I have not seen two Hounds that look alike, and every single Isao seems to have a different personality, so I'm not at all jealous of those who get them.

Link and Lillis Liv are, for whatever reason, not as popular, so I stalk them mercilessly, but I know that Christian and Zoe aren't going to look like any other Link or Lillis Liv on the board.

I like to see other doll owners with the same dolls as me...it makes me feel a bit of a connection, especially if they have more than one on their list that matches mine. ^_^

17. Nah. If anything I'm jealous that they HAVE dolls!

18. I've seen a couple of other ShinB's on this board, and none look like mine. I think subtle differences in face paint even when they still have their original face-ups contribute to being able to distinguish one "ShinB" from another "ShinB." Plus factoring what kinds of wigs you prefer on them, and what kind of clothing ... If you can tell your doll from someone else's at a glance, then that's all that matters to me.

I'm endlessly fascinated by seeing the different ways one face sculpt can look on different dolls. It's what drew me to ball jointed dolls (bjds) in the first place.

Usually I shy away from anything that becomes too popular just because I like uniqueness, but the thing is, even if you have a popular doll, it will still be unique because of differences in face paint and hair and everything.

19. Jealousy is such a waste of time and effort. :lol:

I wish there were more SD Micheles around! I'd love to see what other BJD owners do with theirs. As for the F16, I think it's a popular mold. What I'd like to see are more Avvelenato-customized heads. I know Angelificatus has one and Chandra is waiting for hers to arrive. So exciting! :grin:

20. I love it when others have the same doll. Especially, if it's a doll I love but have not yet purchased. Seeing all the different face-ups and wigs it helps me decide which dolls I really love. I like dolls that are more versatile so its good to see pics from different owners.