1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get jealous when someone buys your type of doll?

Jul 24, 2005

1. No way, I love doll talk. It would be silly to get upset about it.

2. I wouldn't be jealous, only maybe if they copied the whole look I had for my doll - although even then not really, at least not with most of the dolls I have now since most of mine I've got default face-ups on and have kept them close to what they look like straight from the company pictures. And I might feel a tang of jealousy just if someone got a doll I was really wanting before I was able to, but really in the end I'd be happy for them and think that they have good taste. (:

3. I get kinda jealous when I see someone with a doll that I really want, but who doesn't?

4. No need for jealousy. the more the merrier I think. :-) besides no one doll will ever be 100% alike so technically they are different.

5. No, but I do get a little jealous when I see my friend's huge collection compared to my small collection of 2 dolls... It just makes me want to get more...

6. As of the moment I'm not really jealous when this happen. I even feel happier when there is someone that likes the doll that I like. IF there is this dream doll that I want but I can't have then a friend bought him. I will be happier because I get to photo shoot with him even if I didn't bought him.

7. I don't feel jealous at all, in fact I really enjoy finding other people who have to same doll or dolls I like, because it's so interesting to see what can be done with them. :)

8. No, I love it. It's nice to see other people love a doll mold that I also love. I'd only be jealous if it were a dream doll I don't have (yet) or something, and even then I'd still be happy for them and want to see pictures of theirs. It would probably make make me even more motivated to save up for said dream doll. (:

9. No its great! And even if they copied my entire look, imitation is the best form of flattery, is it not?

10. Nope. That way you can compare the dolls and learn new things you could do on your doll. Gives you more ideas for your dolls.

11. that seems so silly, I wish more people had the same dolls as me so I could see how others style them. I'm very posessive of my favorite doll, but not of others of the same sculpt as her.

12. ^this! I'm always happy to see more Arks or any of the other sculpts I own dolls of. I bought them because I love their looks, not because I need a monopoly. I love seeing how other people manage to make the same sculpt look so different.

The cases of jealousy I've seen in which a doll owner didn't want anyone else to have the same mold are cases of laziness. They wanted to use the special position of being the only one with that doll sculpt to make the doll unique and interesting instead of making the effort to make the doll unique and interesting by customisation.
      If you can make a CP El pop out from the ocean of Els that is out there, then you deserve the praise you get. If your doll is unique, because you managed to scare other people off from buying the same mold, then I don't know how you should feel. It's that simple.

13. No xD It makes me excited. I always go check out their page right away. There are a lot of people on dA that I follow because they also own a Ducan or a Bory...
      I haven't found anyone else owning an elf Nailo yet ;A;

14. It might be a little... awkward at first, if a friend of mine bought the same doll as I had. That would go away, though, because she'd most likely make the doll not look like mine. I wouldn't be "jealous", though.

15. No, I'd love to meet those who have similar dolls. I get excited when I've purchased a doll and see someone else buying them too. So much fun to check out their box opening threads and photos later. I rarely see anyone posting photos of their Buddy Doll Raphael or their Limhwa Mano or Unidoll Jace. ;;

I also like being in waiting rooms where everyone's waiting for the same doll to be shipped home to them. xD

16. why would i get jealous?i will only get jealous if my friend has the doll i want

17. I'm going to say I wouldn't be jealous if someone had the same mold as my doll, ONLY if the doll I have is a really popular mold and theirs is much much cooler than mine. But I've seen only a couple of Ryuns around and they're hard to find since even I don't post my pics on here; so I'd love to see more of them.

18. On the contrary, I'm thrilled when someone buys the same mold as me.
      I love seeing what other people do with the same mold, seeing just how different it can be. It also means more people for that thread, which means more happening and more to talk about.