1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get jealous when someone buys your type of doll?

Jul 24, 2005

1. Gah... I hope I don't feel that way when I got my doll. For now I seem happy to look at certain dolls that are on my wish list. :grin: I like to see the different ways they can look. And I think I might have an opposite thing as I feel alittle guilty to get a doll a friend might have. But yeah I know it is silly. But I do feel gulity. But I am getting over that. :daisy

2. Like everyone else, I don't get jealous if someone has the same type of doll I do, it'd be like getting mad at someone because they got the exact same shirt as you. Now if I had done something unique with my doll and someone copied it wthout giving their own little twist to it, I think that would upset me--but only on the level of me wanting to see everyone else's creativity shine ^_^

Unfortunately for Ryuen, he's my first doll so everything about him is default (though I plan to at least change his wig if not his eyes as well) because I don't know enough to be confident enough to alter him------at least not yet ^_^

3. Well another person having the same basic doll as me doesn't bother me, like others have said it's when someone else seems to be creating a doppelganger of a doll that I don't like. For instance with my U, when I got him, there still weren't too many around the board, and there really still aren't. But they all look different anyway, so that's really cool. I do love seeing what different people can do with the same headmold, but when they start looking too much alike...well. lol But for the sheer amount of El's around I find it really amazing how different they all are. Then again he's a very versatile mold, so I'm told anyway. lol

But I do like having something different than anyone else. For instance modifying a limited like my Woosoo boys. Well the heads are limited in the first place, and I've added my modifications to them, and I know there aren't any others exactly like them. Even if someone else modded the two heads, I think it'd be pretty darn hard to copy my two anyway, and it's just sort of neat to know that. Though I will admit unmodified Woosoo's are starting to look strange to me now. lol

4. I love seeing Rengemaru in all his different forms. He's so versitile. Only one other person has a Kid Delf An, but hasn't posted any pictures so I dunno what he looks like. More people should buy An, he's really pretty.

5. No, I've only seen like, 2 other people with an SD13 Mimi. >_>

I do get jealous if I see a doll I do want though. Because I'll see them, and think how beautiful they look, and then remember I can't get them. :cry:

6. I don't get jealous persay. I've heard that Tender Yen is a popular mold but I haven't seen very many of them. I get frustrated when I see any beautiful doll, painted or customized in a way that to me looks "ugly" but obviously others don't think they are ugly so I keep my comments to myself. No need hurting someone's feelings when they are perfectly happy with their doll. ^^ I think I'm mostly happy when I see others with this facemold. It's a beautiful mold and with the right makeup, wig, and eyes, it can have a GORGEOUS effect. ^^ I hope to bring that out in my boy.

7. Nah, all the Hounds are completely different from Sorrow and extremely beautiful so I like looking at them. I do have a preference for the first couple of Hounds that arrived on the board though (H, Damien, Lasher etc) so they will always be very special and untouchable. :grin: I'm looking forward to seeing the new guys.

I'm also planning to get an El so I think it would be very childish to get jealous.

But I feel envious of people who have dolls I want to get! Rargh, hurry Anu hurry!

8. I feel the same way o_o I'm putting a lot into my Hound once I get him so I don't want anyone to copy how he looks

9. Let's see...
      I'm always happy to see other Nono's on the board! Some of them look similar to Isabella, but that just makes me think we all had the same good taste! Plus, pink blushing seems to bring out the best in her facemold, so I'm not surprised other people paint their girls in pinks.
      With Bastian, I'm only jealous that other F-16s look prettier than him to me. I'm going to have to enhance his default make-up for sure.
      The only time I got jealous with Ayla was because someone else was naming their doll that. But that's completely irrational on my part, I've invested a lot of time and emotions in her character, so I'm very possesive of her. But names are freely given and taken, and I took her name from someplace else in the first place! So I got over it quickly.
      And little Sophie seems to be the only Nagisa on the board so far. I'm rather proud of that, and will be both happy and sad when someone else gets one. But she's so precious, I'd have to cheer on anyone who tries to get one!

10. No, I absolutely don't ^_^
      Every BJD has got its own personality, so each one of them is quite unique :daisy

11. A few time ago I was Now, I really love to hear somone is getting Mir or Hoo....
      I get excited just because I loveee seeing them, 'cause they are my favorites ^^'

o.o Nothing more to say hihi

Kisses

Cacau

12. I like seeing other dolls of the same molds as mine, to see what their owners have done with them. :) Even the most popular dolls, like F16, El, Lishe or DES, almost always look quite different from one another, because of makeup, wigs, personal style and so on.. it's really fascinating.. And with really versatile molds like Ando, sometimes it's hard to tell that two of them are the same mold! :D

I usually bump for sale posts if any of my boys' molds go on sale XD None of my boys are very common here (Hound will probably be the most..) and I like to spread the love when I can. XD

13. Not at all! I get quite excited when I see another F28 or another Lusis. It's so interesting to see other interpretations of the same doll. And I can't help but feel they're all related, a little, like one big scattered family. :daisy

14. I do this too! Sometimes it hurts to see a face-up that I just don't think suits the headmold. I can't stop myself from thinking "Holy Crap! You spent $800 to do that!" :? But that's so mean-spirited. When someone loves their doll and they did the best they could, then I'm proud of them for being brave enough to do it themselves. When it's just a faceup that's been done for sale by someone who just isn't very skilled, I get kind of sad, because you know that half the time it's just going to get wiped off.

I don't get jealous when I see other people with a Shiwoo, because I'm too curious to see what other's have done with him. And, hey, I have one! I'm only jealous of the people who have the dolls I want and can't afford! :oops:

15. I always find it fascinating to see other people have the same sculpt of my doll and yet they looked so different because of personality, face up, and owner's taste.

The only time I got upset was when I posted Yue's picture on the Chinese forum someone who hasn't been exposed to the Korean dolls (they haven't up until the recent months) was like, "What kinda sculpt was that? What an ugly doll!" and I was downright pissed off. :|

16. No, I don't care. Every doll is different...that's what makes them so cool.

Az

17. Only if they treat them wrong. ;*

18. Do I get jealous? No not at all. As has been mentioned it is interesting to see how someone will customize or personalize their dolls if they are the same as mine. The only thing that really amazes me is when people take a very LE expensive artist doll and change the artists original faceup . . . why do that? Why not get a less expensive model to customize. If I am going to spend that type of money and I am choosing a particular doll that is very LE . . . I will probably stay with the artists' orginal vision. But I guess that is part of the variety to doll collecting and customizing; I don't say anything because it's none of my business. It's only a shame when the new faceup on an expensive LE doll is not as nice as the original . . . and that is of course subjective. :roll:

Someone mentioned that they feel like their doll is plagarized if someone comes up with a similar look to their own. I tend to think we are all influenced by looks, fashion, and trends in society and so what if we like similar things? It's just a part of the collective unconsciousness . . . that someone will customize their doll a certain way not thinking it looks like someone else' and later it turns out that it does resemble another doll. I think people are more influence by the things around them in the world then they sometimes realize. :oops:

Sorry for the ramble . . .

19. I don't get jealous either, but I know that some owners are really protective and possesive of certain types of dolls :lol: Just seeing what other people thought!

20. Ah, what the heck. Yes, I DO get jealous. But not in a paticularly important way.

When I ordered my DOD U I felt sort of... unique, because it seemed like there were very few about. And then every time I turned around it seemed like every post was "I just ordered a U!" and yes, there was a twing of "Hey! Stop copying me!" Even though logically I know it's silly to think that, and would never be angry at them specifically.

I'll never love my boy any less because his headmold is popular, and I think it's neat to find other owners. However there is the non-personal "grr" reaction.

It's the same as when I find out that an AMV idea I had has already been done. No anger at the person, just annoyance that it happened.