1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get jealous when someone buys your type of doll?

Jul 24, 2005

1. *chuckles* that was me. I didn't say similar, I said exactly the same. As in, if someone bought a Shin-Cho and made him custom pimped out ears with 17 piercings, 1/4" gauge flesh tunnels and an industrial, gave him a blonde faceup with green eyemakeup on one eye and a smirk, blonde messy fur wigs and steampunk clothing, I'd feel like it was plagarism. I've done a lot of customizing work to all my boys, some rather unorthadox, to make them fit the vision/design I had.
      I'd be stupid if I tried to stop people from having a "similar look", like smart-ass blonde boys with spikey hair, though. Big difference between similar looks/inspiration and directly copying my customizations, which is what I'm talking about. For instance, Zalem's Kiryuu has a fairly similar look to Kika's, IMHO, and I love him madly. ^^

2. If it's a doll I already have, I love seeing how others interperate the doll. ^_^ I tend to favor the less popular heads, so seeing more of them makes me really excited.

If it's a doll I don't, and was saving to own, I might be a bit jealous if someone popped up with a "I just got so and so today!" thread because I'd be wishing my own doll of that model was in my hands.

3. Same for me, I'm a little jealous of the people that owne a Dollstown because I wan't one so much but won't be able to get one before a long time ... But I think what I'm really jealous of is there capacity of saving money that I don't have !

4. I thought about that in the beginning after I purchased my first BJD...but then I think even if other people have the same doll(s) as mine, they are still unique in their own ways (the face paint might be a bit different etc...). Plus I really enjoy seeing the gallery section where people have same doll(s) as mine and dressed them differently.

I really don't think any dolls are exactly alike so no point of being jealous.

5. To be honest, I never seen enough of my two headmolds to have ever thought much about it.

6. Like someone said... if someone copied the same style as my doll I'd be a little bothred. I'm reall happy to see Yders here on the board. A couple of people have asked me what face-up I requested so that when they order their Yders they can have the same... since I requested one of the default face-ups I can't really complain :oops:

7. The only time I was kind of saddened was about a name. I'd choose for one of my Dears a name I thought no one else would have (milk) and it turns out someone else had it. xD I wasn't mad though, I was kind of amused. I found a name after all anyway, so I don't mind. :3

I love seeing Yomos! I think they're so adorable and innocent, when I see them I always giggle. (^_^) I think if someone copied a name of one of my dolls (names are very important to me, and I spend a lot of time thinking about them and making sure they're not common) and it was also the same doll, I'd be irked, but that's a different thing. I like seeing people's interpretations and customizations to their dolls, I would never get mad about it.

I feel kind of special that I have a doll not many have, but if I found another of him at the boards I'd be really happy too! I think it's fun and I'd hope we'd become friends. :grin:

8. Wow, thanks to everybody who responded to this! I'm jealous that all of you have such cute dolls. Get it? I'm jealous?? Hee hee hee! It's a pun because it's a thread I started about jealousy... ha ha ha... anybody? Anybody? :roll:

9. If it makes you happy - LOL XDDD
      Kidding...
      Well... I want to thank you for this thread 'cause that's something I wondered about someday but never knew how verbalize it o.o

10. OMG ME TOO *dies*

Um *ahem*

I have an El and a Chiwoo, and my next doll is a Shiwoo, so as someone else said, if I got mad every time I saw someone with one, I'd be mad a lot. They're popular dolls. :oops: That actually doesn't bother me...since every doll is different and there are so many ways they can be customized, etc.

However I do get a little miffed when people not only have the same doll, but they're wearing the exact same clothes and wig as mine. And it has happened. It drives me bonkers. >> It's a bit irriational, I know, since the majority of wigs are mass-produced, but I can't help how I feel.

11. I have absolutely no problem with people talking about the types of dolls I have... because they're totally entitled to their own opinion on that make of doll...

They might say "Oh yeah, Kaye is cute... but totally not my type of doll..." and I can respect that... because that usually means they have a type of doll that I don't prefer.
      It doesn't mean I don't love THEM having it, and the chance to see it... but I'd never own it myself, and I respect them feeling the same about my types of dolls.

Now... if they were to say MY dolls specifically sucked... well... then I might get a little upset!

12. If I got mad, I would always be mad. But I'm not. El is popular. However, if the idea behind Mike was used, then yes. But I doubt it would be. I can't even get mad over the wigs and eyes and clothes...however all at once like Mike..yes...and I love my El...

13. Just my own thoughts about this.

I love to see more of other same face-molds dollies with all sorts of personality... BUT if the owner have the same head mold dollie named the same/or vaguely similar sounding , have similar background/personality/character, have a similar look to my dollie(same wig/eyes/similar faceup).. I will be extremely pissed off as I put alot of effort and time into doing things such as arranging for certain face up slots/sewing clothes/bidding on yahoo jp for certain wigs/checking on baby name books and for the person to copy so blatantly shows no respect.

XD XD XD I am just weird XD XD XD

14. I would love to see more F-29s around but i guess since it's a 'discontinued' head mold (if you exclude all the F-17s), there is only a 'fixed' number of F-29s floating around.

So far, all of the F-29s i've seen are really different - be it looks, styles, personalities, etc. I'm always fascinated by that~ :)
      -

15. I don't get jealous, because I absolutely love my dolls the way they are and always prefer them to others', even with gorgeous repaints by Y!J customizers. But I am more critical of other dolls that are the same molds as mine, and often feel the need to rescue "abused" looking Syos :sweat

16. I don't get mad, I actually get glad to see somebody interested in the same doll as me. Just shows how good taste they have!

17. Not at all. I absolutely love Shiwoos, and when I got Ilú they were still pretty rare on the boards. I had to search high and low for owner-pictures of him, and most of the time came up with nothing! Shiwoo has gradually gotten more popular since then, and I love to see all the different takes that people have on him - I'll always stop by a Shiwoo-post and admire them, even if I don't comment. I just love to see them!

I think another part of it is the small internal smile I get when I see that someone's bought a Shiwoo, a Camine, an F-16 etc. I always think to myself oh, that person's got taste! *laughs* It's a far better reaction than jealousy, I'd say!

18. Agreed...
      I like looking at other Shiwoos. ^_^

I know that no matter how many other Shiwoos or Els or Hounds there are around, there's only going to be one Harumatsu or one Nightengale or one Seimei... Even if another one had the same name, and their owner tried to put them in similar costumes and give them a similar history or personality, they still wouldn't be the same as my guys... So there's nothing to be jealous about.

19. I love seeing Chiwoozles, Ceciles and Irus :D It's kind of like, now that I have that type of doll, I want to see what others have done with them, and share the love and then I get all happy and 'yaaay :D' if I hear someone else is going to buy a Chiwoo or Cecile :D I mean, they're such beautiful dolls and I really love to see more of them ^_^

When there's a Chiwoo or Cecile in the marketplace, I always want to save them..which is kind of stupid, because I already have one! ^^;; But once you get a doll, you kind of feel..responsible for it's 'family members', I suppose..like, there's not just a bond with your own Chiwoo, but with all people's Chiwoo's and all their owners..I love things like the Shiwoo army, so many people who all love that doll..^_^ I wish Chiwoo and Cecile were more popular :D (and in case of Cecile, easier to get..)

20. I love seeing what others have done with their Unoa's or CH Soye's (not many out there). The more, the merrier IMO.