1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get jealous when someone buys your type of doll?

Jul 24, 2005

1. *snicker*

I have an El... no, I don't get jealous when I see others with the same doll. XD That goes for all my dolls though. Having the same doll is one thing, if they were to have the same doll with the same name, yeah I admit my feathers would get a little ruffled. Same general look and they'd get ruffled even more.

2. My friends and I are the most petty people here on D.o.A. I suppose. Yep, very jealous. Not even when someone has my doll but whenever someone buys a doll I want I usually say awful, profane, things to the computer screen. I want a SD13 Nono, but one of my friends already owns one and has pretty much forbidden me from buying one. It is pretty well understood, by some sick rule we non-verbally established, that no one is allowed to buy someone else's "thing." We've joked several times saying that, if we had the money, we'd buy up every model of the dolls we have so no one else could have one. Yes, yes, completely irrational, stupid, and a little unhealthy. Waddya gonna do?

3. Nope ^^
      Then again... I own an El. So if I was ever jealous... it'd be pretty intense XD

4. If it's someone else in the dolly community, I love it when they have a doll I have or want. I get to see what they've done with the mold and what kind of character came out of it. However, if its in my own group of dolly friends we all get weird for a minute if we start considering the same doll. My good friend Cristins (TobiasCamery) and I both want a DOD Si and in the beginning when she told me she wanted one too I even started considering finding another doll for the character. But as time went on we both just started obsessing over the mold together and now I'm excited to see how different the two will be. But, if we got too many repeats of the same mold I think it would get really messy, since I really do prefer to try and be as original as possible with my babies.

5. No I don't get jealous, I love to hear about the model, it helps me to think of mine. I think if someone ripped off the idea of her look before I got mine then I'd be annoyed, so that why I think it's best to keep it under wraps, I've seen it a few times, friends ripping off other friends ideas. That's not good.

6. That is terrible. I'd have to ditch friends like that. And ditch that mindset...

Myself, I don't get jealous. If I see someone with the doll I want, I only want them more! And if it's someone I know, then I politely beg them to let me man-handle them... And if I was already 100% sure about getting him, then I'd certainly be 130% sure then! :love

7. Yeah it doesn't bother me at all! I like seeing other ppl have or talk about my boy. Since my boy isn't popular, I like to remember ppl that have the same boy as mine. So we can share and discuss about our boys.
      Besides, it's very interesting to see the same boy with different personality and faceup :)
      Sometimes, I feel lonely coz my boy isn't popular ^_^

8. No, not at all--Hound is pretty popular, so I don't see a reason to get jealous or anything. Even if I had a doll that was so limited there were only a couple other on DoA, I wouldn't be jealous if someone bought the same mold.

9. No I don't think so. I love my dollies so much and even if they look a like they aren't mine so it dosen't bother me. I do, however, get jealous when someone gets a doll that I really want but don't have yet!

EDIT: I just wanted to add that it is not the mean you can not have the same doll as me jealsousy. It is the oh I really want that you are so lucky jealousy.

10. Oh I think naming is a good point. I spent ages looking for a name for my doll when I picked it (before she arrived) I jointed up here, then I saw someone's doll had the same name I was dissapointed coz I spent a long time finding the name but also I didn't want anyone to think I came here and saw it, then stole it. I changed my dolls name slightly and I really love it now.
      I don't know how I'd feel if one had the same name because it quite unusual, I would feel copied. lol I'm pretty sure I bastardised the old one enough to have made it up.

11. Talk about? No. I won't get jealous. See other ppl's pictures? Hey, I'd actually *love* other pictures of other ppl's dolls with the same mold (saves me the trouble of taking any XD)

But, I was once given a link to an auction.... and, seeing similar molds up for auction doesn't bother me, but this one had its lips re-painted... and I didn't like it... so I went "OMG WHAT DID THEY DO TO POOR ISAO?!?!?!?!" to the poor person who sent me the link ^^;;

And another time someone somewhere put up a link and mentioned Isao; the page was in Japanese but I recognised an Isao from a teeny-weeny itty-bitty thumbnail, so I clicked on that, and then there was this picture of Isao's MOUTH BEING CUT OUT of his pretty pretty face.... (O.O )|||.... err, everybody in the room heard me scream ^^;;;;

So .... yah. I don't get jealous. Disturbed, yeah ^^;;.

12. I have planned dolls for the future, all of which are very popular dolls(a Shiwoo, an El, and a Lishe), so it'd be pretty stupid for me to get jealous about it. The dolls I have picked out are dolls that match the characters they're going to be, and they're very unique characters, so that keeps me not jealous...other then the wanting to bring mine home. XD

I don't get jealous of anyone with the same molds as me...actually, Kaimi's mold is pretty rare, and though I see alot of people getting Soonys, I know Nesanel is in a league of her own. :)
      The only thing that I find myself doing with others of the same mold is thinking of things I would have done differently(as in the face-up or clothing), then I have to remind myself that it's not my doll, and to stop it. XD

I do react to face-ups or customizations I don't like...but that's with any doll, not just dolls that are the same mold as mine. I keep them to myself, though...to each their own, after all.

13. Haha! Honestly. If I wasted my time being jealous of every person with more than me (dolls or whatever), I would be a very miserable person! Besides, I really don't pay attention to anyone's dolls, so I have no clue who has what, and "my type of doll" is nearly every doll out there! I'd go nuts if I were jealous! Maybe I'll bristle if someone comes in with a "oh I have 30 or 70" but who wouldn't? :p

Sometimes if a doll has a faceup I don't like, I will feel suddenly possessive, like jinlin mentioned, but it's more of an anti-BJD-desecration thing more than a jealousy thing.

14. Not really,I love seeing how different the same doll can look in other people's hands,and how they envision them.

15. hmmm, for me no ~~ i love seeing molds i like and others of the one i have ^^, its cool to see what others chose there bjd to look like and different styles of the one you have. When i see others have have the bjd i want i dont get jeaoulus but i kinda envy

16. [chuckles] Yeah... I *do* do that sometimes.

I admit it... when I see a Shiwoo that's been painted and styled very poorly or one that's been really badly modded, I cringe and go through a minute or two of wishing that I could hire a squad of ninja to rescue the poor thing.

I guess I'm a little protective of Shiwoos in general, since I'm so fond of the sculpt. Some part of my brain looks at the ones that disturb me, and kind'a says "What if that was Harumatsu or Jen or Teacup or one of the Pups?" *_*

It's not a rational reaction, and people's taste in mods and face-ups is a very tricky and subjective thing... Who am I to judge what someone else does to their doll, after all? ... But logical or not, the gut reaction is still there.

17. I'm totally hunky dory before I get a doll I want. I love seeing other owners pictures of the mold, and while I feel a tinge jealous, it's a sort of good jealousy.

XD; After I get my hands on something, it can turn in to "my" mold and now that you mention it, while I don't get jealous, I can get a little antsy when I see new people getting the same mold. It's all ";^; Don't mess them up! That's MY baby you have there!".

18. I would like to see more Soo Ri's on this board, 'cause it is a gorgeous doll. I'm curious to what owners make of him, especially when he doesn't have a default face-up, you don't see that very often.
      But I am protective of him and I don't like negative talk about him. :lol: ... hehe.. sily me...

As for Lishe, it would be kind of silly to feel jealous, there are so many of them! I like to see so many variations of the same doll!

19. Not really jealous.. and depends where. I feel happy seeing other dolls like mine here.
      But on my own background there was a time when I used to get pissed when someone was heading for "my model". I felt that since we're like 20 active users on forum.. we have like 8-9 BJD owners there should be some kind of differences between us. And suddenly we had wanna-be: tensya (mostly hounds), narindoll and unoa owners poped up. It was funny couse there're so many other dolls.. why just those 3 firms.. ?
      But I'm not bothered anymore... I think that's people choice and they can do whatever they like. If they choose wrong or buy a doll just because other people have it.. that's their problem. They won't be happy with it not me.
      I'm happy with my girl and that's all that counts.

20. I don't get jealous of people who get the same head mold as mine per say. I do sometimes get jealous of people with molds I want... it's more like envy over dolls I don't have the resources to get yet....or limiteds
      *cry/envy*Breakaway, Woosoo