1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get jealous when someone buys your type of doll?

Jul 24, 2005

1. Aw, have you seen Satoru lately? I think they did an amazing job modding his face..even if he does look nothing like Isao anymore :lol:

2. I'm not really jealous of people who have the same dolls as me...but if I see a doll I've already got that's for sale in the Marketplace, I sort of flip-flop between wondering how someone could possibly want to get rid of it and wanting to buy it myself for about 30 seconds. :roll:

3. i think if i heard that, i would most likely join in on the talking of "I LOVE THIS DOLL!!" rather than get jealous
      it's always fun to see how others build their dolls
      and even more interesting if it's a mold that's the same as the one you have x3

4. I like it when it happens, it's nice to see different interpretations. I have an unusual doll (the Ricky one) and was waiting ages for someone else to get one.

5. I dun really get jealous about it... XD Haha.. moreover i know even we might have a same doll but their personality we planted in is totally different so is not the matter to me. haha.. Moreover I'm happy for it as u can put them together being twins or triplets. hahaha. to say true, i do have fren own a same doll as mine. ^_^ So this really din bother me much. But if i saw the doll I have being tortured or being sold i get upset and feel pity to it. Well this is just my silly thinking. XD

6. When someone I don't like happens to be after the doll I want, I get upset. xDD; Naturally, I guess. I must say that it IS nice to see how people can take molds that other people have and transform them into their own being. It's a good thing to see.
      In another case, I'm happy for those who share the same taste in molds as me because..hey! They'll soon be learning the joy of being able to glance at such wonderful faces every so often! It's wonderful. =]

7. initially it did bother me XD
      I was such a ninny you'll be surprised how sour i felt when i heard people(esp from singapore) getting hounds as well. In fact after i got my jun i thought that he'll prolly not see his look-a-like since he is a pretty rare doll. (there is one more jun here now by the way)

Yet after afew months I noticed that no other hounds(despite the growing amount, i think there... 9 hounds and maybe more) here looks any bit like my boy and I got over the silly feeling I get. :3

8. My point exactly ^_^ I went looking threw the Shiwoo picture thread on here just to see what different people have done with the same make of doll! It is surprising and wondrous how many different possibilities that are out there. The wonderful thing about this hobby is you can make them one of a kind.. in the WHOLE world.. no one will have a doll 100% like yours.

9. Not a bit...it's fun to have people who 'share the love' of the same dolls, and the enthusiasm for them. And it always amazes me how the same dolls become so personal and unique with different owners.

10. I must admit, I went through Nanuri jealousy for a while, but other than that, I've had no problems. Since I have no plans for other dolls besides my El, I don't really have to worry about it (yet).

11. I like to make friends with The Other Owner, instead. That way, you get to swap stories and tips, and you might even get to share more intimate pictures & outtakes of their gorgeous doll than s/he may ordinarily post to DOA. :) I never get tired of looking at other tan Soo Ris or Isaos or Yukinojos or Arashis or Shiros or any of my others... or even Satoko Ohno faceups on ANYdolly... and it depresses me greatly when I hear people deliberately hiding a rare/unusual doll because they're afraid of the backlash. Share the beauty, folks!

(And my Angelic Scars Amos has even made his very own pen-pal this way... Hi Yukito! ^.^)

12. Not really, I find it very fascinating to hear about and see other people's dolls, it may be the same mold/doll but look at all the variations! I think it's awesome.

13. Why would I get jealous? ^o^
      If I love that doll, I wouldn't mind seeing more~ <3

14. I feel the same way. When someone sells a dollshe Ru I always feel bad cause mine is so real to me. Your are right though it is totally irrational.

I don't get jealous if someone gets a doll like mine. I think the more the merrier. No two are every alike.

15. I actually love to seek out other people who have the same type of dolls as me or ones that I like! I love talking to them, get to know, find out what they do in terms of customisation with them and being in love with their dolls.

It makes me feel some kind of vicarious ownership; like i know they're not my dolls but through the common interest in that particular mold, the owner and i are bonded and i get to enjoy their dolls as though they were mine :D

Any Die Hard Dollshe lovers???? Please pick me up and be friends with me T___T

16. Pardon me for geeking out...but I just figured out you were talking about Luka...(and I still love the face-up you did!)

*ahem* I love seeing more Obitsus, I think they're some of the best dolls out there. And I literally squealed when I met up with another owner, neither of us had seen each other's dolls before, and they looked almost exactly alike! Same dark hair, (same mold), even the same glasses! The only differences were that the other doll was a girl with amber eyes, and Tristan is a boy with purple eyes. (They look sooooo much like brother and sister!)

17. They may be all the same mold when they get to you,but once you have them,and add your own unique touch to them ,then they truly become one of a kind.No matter how many others of the same mold are out there;each ,and everyone of them will be unique,and special iin their own way.

18. XD Only if it's limited and I don't have it. Otherwise I tend to fawn over other people with the same molds.

19. Nope. I think it's cool to see what other people do with their dolls. It's amazing how just a few little customizations can make a doll look totally different from another that was made with the same model!

20. No I don't get jealous. If I did I'd have a lot of problems since a good amount of people own Shiwoo. Though I do have a little envy when I see a Hugo head because I want one ;).