1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get obsessed when a new doll is coming?

Nov 9, 2009

1. I get so excited when I see a new doll has come out and stare for ages at the pictures. Then anxious when I've finally decided I want it. And then stressed about whether or not I'll love it as much as the pictures while waiting for it to come. :XD: It's a pattern now.

2. Not really I suppose.
      There's excitement when you hit that buy button, but then the waiting starts. The excitement does come back when I see that the doll is being shipped. Then I want it in my home a.s.a.p :XD:
      But I'm not obsessing over it as much as a couple of years ago.

3. Usually only when I get the shipping notice -that is the hardest wait of all -so close.....

Except for a recent doll I've just pre ordered beginning of this month, that one has gotten me so excited with lots of plans of things to make, buy, gather, lol.
      I need the doll here, as his size is unusual and I can't sew him clothes until I can make my own/adjust patterns. Now in the evenings when I have some down time, I keep wishing I could be sewing for him, but can't (yet). It's very frustrating. Come on hurry up!

4. When I receive the "shipped" notice it's the beginning of "checking tracking everyday". Before that it's alright and I forgot to check the update statut. Can't say I'm obsessed, but when I see that the doll in arrived in my Country it's always a little exciting.

5. I agree...once the shipping notice shows up I start stalking my mailbox. The mail has been super slow this holiday season so the wait times have been even worse!!

6. I think I've pretty much gotten use to the wait. At first I would get very impatient and really worry about my doll. I'd constantly stalk the websites for any change in status, I'd also look up pictures of the doll I was waiting on. Obsessive planning of outfits, wig and eyes. I'd work on their stories and anything to try and occupy my time. Now I just accept it as a part of the process. For the most recent doll that I received I didn't even realize the wait was about four months. It seemed much less than that and anytime my boyfriend asked me I just kind of shrugged it off..like "Oh it's only been a couple weeks." I kept forgetting when I had actually ordered the doll. It was a very easy stress free wait. Although, it could have been that I ordered from a company known for long wait times and knew what I was in for and subconsciously decided not to worry. At the moment, I'm waiting for a Minifee..and I must say I hate it!! This is the second time I've put myself through this torture. It's damn hard waiting for minifees..and I'm not sure why it's like that.

7. I'm not a patient person, so I'm pretty sure that when I buy my first doll, the feeling will be a never-ending wait for me... :sweat