1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get obsessed when a new doll is coming?

Nov 9, 2009

1. I think I get more obsessed before I buy the doll. I think a lot about their look and how they're going to fit in my crew, probably as a way of making sure it's the doll I actually want! XD Once I've bought them I become much more relaxed about it all.

2. This is my first doll, so I'm really obsessing over him. He has a 3 page bio and a plan of his wig, eyes, face-up etc. I have been Miho stalking for about 2 weeks now, I just can't wait!! I think it's really important to plan the doll and character before hand (even if he will change a bit after I get him finished) so that I can bond with him as soon as he arrives.

3. I ordered clothes seperately when I ordered my doll. I was haunting the post office waiting the them... nevermind when the DOLL actually shipped.

4. This is the very first time I have felt "obsessed" about a new doll coming!!!! I've been ready and waiting for her (seems like forever) for six weeks!!!....Dollmore's Lusion big gal...
      I've got everything ready...I've spent way too much $$$$$ on everything for her...she's sure going to be a spoiled rotten little gal...lol...... I look out for my EMS # every hour!!!! I think I'm going to faint when she finally arrives....... I guess I'm obsessing a bit....lol.....;)

xen :)

5. Not so much obsessed as preoccupied with that doll (above my other dollies that is). So, when I order a doll I get excited and instead of spending my "hobby" time with my dolls, I tend to spend it looking for clothes, wigs, eyes, shoes, and owner pictures of the doll I am waiting for. Now this usually just happens on short waits, on long waits I might get preoccupied with the doll for a week or so, than I just go into the waiting phase where I do not think about it much until it arrives ^_^

6. Oh yes, I definitely obsess over the arrival of a doll. Right now I'm waiting on a doll from an auction and I can't stop thinking and planning and wondering~ It isn't detrimental to my life, though--I'd be worried if I was neglecting other things, but the chores still get done at home, the exercises still get done at school, and the work still gets done at work. So far it's all okay. I think it's completely natural to be really excited about something one has invested time, energy, and money into. I'd be more worried if I weren't so excited!

It can get kind of annoying (especially for my poor person, who puts up with my ramblings), but nothing's harmed so all's well in the end.

7. Definitely. Most of my free time is spent searching for clothes to put on the wishlist and planning out the box opening storyline. :D

8. No, I wish I did. :(

Because she was my first doll, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like her when she got here after spending all that money and things like that. I had a lot of trouble figuring out her personality (turns out she's just like that) and so I've been a bit worried the whole time, haha. Maybe it will be different when I finally save up to get my second. I'm really glad she's here now and I talk about her a lot and stuff so I'm sort of excited but not super-happy-fangirl excited like I'd like to be :sweat I'm sure everyone around me is glad about that though!

I think one of the problems was that I wanted to get everything ready for her when she got here, like clothes and a wig and stuff but I couldn't because I had no idea what she'd be like so I just had to wait. It was quite a nerve-wracking time for me actually haha :| I guess that's what happens with limited funds!

9. Not anymore, not really. Or at least not as strongly as I used to obsess when I made my first doll order. Back then, I was budgeting and making plans for the next few dolls and accessories that I would reorganize the day after and then the day after that; it really did consume me -- all that agonizing wait for that first doll. Nowadays, I'm immersing myself with other interests while the two dolls I ordered are still in the "Before Shipping" status -- it certainly helps ground me down a bit and keeps me from impulsive buying (although sometimes unsuccessfully :sweat )

10. It might be obsess, I'm waiting doll's coming now, always think about that. anyway I think I love sort of wating dolls.

11. ooooh, definitely! I check any info that I would need and then while I'm not doing that, I'm looking over database threads and promo pics of the doll in question~ Even though I have video games and the like to distract me, it doesn't stop me from stopping to check the tracking! Seriously, the wait is torture even if it's just a few days!

12. I probably shouldn't admit this but once I order a doll the obsessing stops.
      It's definitely the waiting for a release, wondering what the doll will look
      like and wether I'll be crazy for it and if I'll be able to get it in the end...
      that's when I obsess.

13. I have to say I obsess more in the build up to ordering the doll.

Once I've paid for my doll, it's secure. I obsess less because I know I will get it, even it takes a little while to arrive.

And then after those few weeks of clam, all the better to obsess over and pamper it when it does arrive!

14. Sometimes I wish I didn't get shipping notifications. :sweat It gets that bad.

But this is the first time in a long time I got this excited about an incoming doll. The others were just like, *rummage* *checks* *sticks back in box.* Maybe it's because this is a full doll after hoarding just parts for so long? >_< I don't know but it's getting pretty agonizing.... *_*

15. Absomolutely :sweat:sweat:sweat
      I'm an obsessive type to begin with, and it doesn't help that most of my resin purchases were walk-into-a-store-walk-out-with-a-doll, so I'm not very used to waiting for them. I'm also very impatient, so waiting killllllls me. I check the webpage every day, sometimes several times a day, and follow the EMS tracking as soon as it's available. I blab about the incoming doll on my LJ . . . I look for stuff for him, too, but then I'm always shopping for doll stuff.

Right now, though, I'm just waiting for urethane eyes from Mystic and Dollshe, no dolls . . . and the wait is still killllllling me *L*.

16. Can call it kind of osession :P but in good way i guess. I have only one doll but I been waiting for her looking at other people's photos of same doll, looking for clothing etc etc...

17. I'd say YES. I think I've never been stalking the Marketplace this often, but now that I've got
      my second doll Im there everyday. And I've bought LOTS of stuff, on Friday Im going to the
      postoffice to collect 8 parcels with a lot of different things to both my dolls. Wow!
      But I've waited for her since I got into this hobby (2005) so I think it's fair that I get excited!

18. I have an Elfkin on her way (second doll ever), and I haven't been doing this much 'pre-shopping' since I got my first doll. I also keep thinking of what kinds of clothes to make her, where she'll stay once she gets here, how'll she interact with my other doll, stories to write about her chracter, etc . . .

It's getting so bad I feel like I'm neglecting my first baby :( I've been trying to counter this by working on an outfit for him, but the sewing machine keeps acting up and I keep putting it off X_X

19. Absolutely! Exactly like you I cannot seem to not stop thinking about my upcoming dolls and just cannot stop looking around for them even though I wont even have them for a few months XD

I already have one that as arrived to a friends house and I just want to go to her house (2h30 ride) and get him so that I can stop thinking and really have him xD

20. Well, only yesterday, I was looking for a wig and eyes for my Minimee-heads I ordered on Christmas. They won't be here for many, many more weeks - but I just want THE perfect eyes and wigs for them. That is, for one of them. Still don't know what I'll do with the second - Celaran's got no twin-brother. But maybe - I could try to do some mods on that one (or have some mods done) so it looks a bit different. Like he's been in battle or something.