1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get obsessed when a new doll is coming?

Nov 9, 2009

1. Not really. I know it takes time for these dolls to arrive so I just sort of put it out of my mind until I know it's on it's way. Then I get a little crazy, checking the tracking every day until it arrives.

2. I get more obsessed when a new doll is released

3. Oooh yes, I am currently going crazy waiting for my incoming doll... obsessively checking emails waiting for that anticipated shipping notice, looking for/buying clothes, shoes and wigs, and lastly, looking at other owners doll of the same mold....

4. Only once, when I first saw the preview pictures of Unidoll's Ark. I actually couldn't sleep for about a week, becuase I was so hyped up over the whole thing. :lol:

Thankfully (for me and the sanity of everyone around me) I have never gotten quite so excited about a doll since then.... ;)

5. I get a bit obsessed. I will spend forever planning clothes, wigs, and eyes. On the wait for my last doll I became obsessed with drawing him, my boss got tired of finding the random sketches at work. I'll search for the doll in the gallery. I check my email way to much, even if I know it won't ship for a few weeks. I have a one track mind.

6. I'm nearing the end of my waiting as DOD said my dolls will be shipping out this week *hopes* and now that all their stuff is here and waiting I thought I'd just sit back and relax, but I am getting a little antsy. I'm doing a joint box opening with my friend's DOC who is coming at the same time and we're almost making it worse for each other. I check the status every day now, but try to think of other things to distract myself a bit. ^^

7. Yes, I'am really obsessed when the doll ships out! since I have already 3 dolls the waiting is not so hard..... But when I think about it, I'm going grazyXD

8. not until I know it's in the country.. then I get jumpy with every car that moves through the street, because i'd be waiting for the mail van to come.. ;)

9. I get beyond obsessed <<; like- not just the doll type i am getting but jsut in searching high and low for anything and everything i could make them rofl. And then of course, there is the searching of DoAs forums for every person who owns the doll to see what theirs looks like lol

10. I have two HyperManiacs coming and, honestly? The house could burn down around me and I might not notice. It's..this color wig...with that color eyes..and would the idea for the name change then? Humm...how do you say 'rabbit' in Welsh...and what's a fur tippet called in Italian? Because with a brown wig.......yes...he could very well be a hare or a rabbit sort of guy....

I'm sorry. What did you say?

11. Yes... totally... *_* Before Clarice arrived, I would sit just staring at her default pics on the Luts website :lol: And browse eBay and other sites for cute things for her. I'm slightly less obsessed with the doll I just ordered, but I'm still REALLY excited to have the two of them together :D

12. YES. Whenever there is a doll coming I think about it constantly, I also check the tracking a few times a day

13. I get obsessed while waiting in small spurts. I will thinking about nothing other than my incoming doll for a few days, then later I could care less (guilt maybe?). But most of the time I don't obsesse over him.

14. i get super obsessed just when i BUY the doll. then i bother everyone with pictures of the incoming doll :3

15. i'm waiting for 3 dolls and i find myself thinking about names for them, planning their wardrobes and looking for wigs, eyes, shoes and other accessories on doll sites.

16. I like a variety in sizes.

17. When I ordered my first doll, I went around to every dollar store I could find buying things for her. Unfortunately when she got here, almost all the things I bought weren't to scale! XD

But now my mind has been MSD'd so I'm much better when it comes to scaling items!

18. I sort of do...the funny thing is right now I have a doll on the way, but I cannot follow my normal habits. Normally when a doll is on the way I buy fabric for clothes, wigs, eyes, shoes, everything I can to get them started out "right" but this doll I have had planned for about three years before the perfect sculpt showed up, so I have everything she will need already in a box waiting here for her. It is a strange situation. I want to be all hyper and prepare for her arrival, but there is nothing left to prepare and I can't start sewing for her until she gets here since she is a size I have not previously handled so I can't even comparison sew

19. It's like being in love :)

20. I have a SOSO on the way and I am a bit preoccupied with making a home for her...not obsessed but my mind is reeling with ideas for the perfect pixie home.