1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get obsessed when a new doll is coming?

Nov 9, 2009

1. I get obsessed once my doll actually ships... I've only ordered one doll straight from the company though, my puki was in stock at DDE and got to me in a week lol I'm super excited for my MNF though, I'm just waiting for my status to go from "order received" to "before shipping"

2. i get obsessed with trying to get a new doll just not it coming =D

3. Yup I think about my girl coming every day. It's ridiculous how excited I am.

4. Im just obsessed, period lol Though usually moreso when I am planning the character and saving than when they are actually ordered

5. Heh..a little bit, I recently ordered my first doll, and kept telling myself that processing would take a while..so checking more than once a day was kind of ridiculous, but the last couple days I couldn't help but check at least 3 times a day..and today he was shipped!!! I didn't think I could be anymore excited over him but I was very wrong, now it seems so real! he's really on his way :D

and I'm sure I've checked the website even more often waiting for them to tell me more about where he is and when he'll get here, and i'm sure my obsession will only increase as the days go by, hopefully i'll be able to leave my laptop long enough to eat and sleep...but we'll see >.>

6. Obsessed? Of course not! Checking the Order Status twice a day every day after pushing the "Buy Now" button, looking up the tracking number several times a day once it's shipped, lying awake unable to sleep while I'm planning how I want to photograph the box openning when it comes, picking out fabric for clothing before I even know the measurements, being 10 minutes late to work because I was waiting for the mailman who comes to the door at the same time I have to leave....

This isn't obsessing, is it? Admit I have a problem? Never!!!!

7. yes actually im obsessed cos im waiting for my 1st bjd coming from los angeles

8. Yep! I get sooo crazy excited when I order dolls! And because I buy mine online, if I've never bought from the seller before, despite how reputable all their feedback is, I get so worried if the dolls takes even slightly longer than usual. I go nuts! usually, something like this...

"Oh my gosh! It's a SCAM!"

"WHY DID I WASTE MY MONEY?!"

"Where else can I get my BEAUTIFUL DOLLY?!?!"

"NOOOO!!!!!"

Usually, the dolls arrives pretty soon after this panic attack and life is great again! :)

9. Yes!!I get obsessed!! Now I'm waiting two dolls,one since february!! Waiting dolls makes me crazy, I have bought all they need when they arrive here: wig,colthes and shoes,and now I'm looking for eyes,but my pocket is empty! :XD:
      When I'm not waiting dolls,I spend less money than I'm waiting one :)

10. I was SO obsessed before I ordered my first girl, but after I ordered her, I knew she was coming so I kind of made myself forget about it so the time would go faster. :3 It made the wait very easy.

11. For me, that's pretty much the most exciting part, knowing a new doll is on it's way.
      Once a new doll has been ordered, it's like I'm on some sort of doll high.
      I get way obsessed with it- what am I gonna do with it, the clothes I'm gonna make/order, the photoshoots, their face ups, ooh I hope they didn't forget any goodies, I wonder what freebies I'm gonna get, ohshit should I have picked a different wig/eyes? blahblahblah
      I love ordering dolls for that feeling. Something about the waiting, the constant status checking, the way my heart skips a beat when I've realized my baby has been shipped, the day dreaming, the planning- it's all a such a rush!
      Once the doll actually arrives and I've opened the box, I calm down xD

12. Yes totally!!! From the moment I get that EMS number telling me the doll has shipped, I completely obsess. I check the USPS website a million times following my dolls track from wherever it's coming, and I don't stop until the doorman knocks on the door :lol:

13. Totally, and paranoid too. I never had a package lost or damaged, but I have been scammed once, so that kind of left a scar.

14. Oh I'm obsessed now with waiting for my first doll. XD I was folding clothes with my mom and found this weird piece of white fabric with elastic in it, I asked my mom and she said "Oh! It's for my old doll bed." I gaped at her. XD I kinda stole it, even though I don't know if the bed is the right size yet. If I'm walking through a store and see something I think the character might like I go "Mom! Look, Brennan would love that." XD I also check the website every day, looking at the sculpt and the status of the order. ^^;

15. Being an obsessive compulsive type person doesn't work well when you have to wait 5 weeks for the conclusion.

My first one will be here in a couple days, but I've been an anxious mess for most of the wait. I've been checking her status daily, reading up on handling and care here on DoA (and getting worried about that too), buying clothes that I hope fit and don't stain, being afraid to touch the wig I got because it seems so easy to mess up, buying a new digital camera that cost about as much as I spent on the doll and clothes together and finally setting up a place for her to "live" and a draw for her stuff.

All of that has been a lot, but the thing that has me the most concerned is if I'll be happy with her face-up. Even though I ordered the default, when I saw a recent box opening of the same sculpt with also the "default" face-up I became pretty worried as it wasn't what I was use to seeing with older default face-ups on that doll. So I sent in a little request pointing out what I wanted even though I was really just asking for the older default face-ups I've seen.

Anyway, yeah, pretty obsessed. I just hope it doesn't end with disappointment.

16. :3 Not as much of obsessed... more like posessed to go check the computer! It's like I'm somebody else... ravaging in mail and checking the doll site. I usually order something... and that's it... it's totally not like me. :P

17. YEEEES!!! I get so excited I can hardly stand it! Usually I spend the entire wait sewing tons of outfits for the newbie!

18. I easily get obsessed with waiting whenever I order something offline in General, BJDs are no different.

However, my friends and I are doing an order for our dolls together, and our clothing. So not only do we have to wait to earn the amount of money for our dolls, but for the other person(s) who are ordering with us. It is fairly interesting; but we at least get to prattle on about the dolls with one another and work on character development before they even arrive. We are all a little bit obsessed I might say, but more so I believe it is just the excitement of getting something we've been looking forward to.

19. I'm not as bad as I was with my first doll. But I've owned a few now so I'm more used to the wait. I'm excited for my newest girl because she's my character Cosette so her looks and personality are strong in my head. Until I have her wig, eyes and atleast one full outfit for a doll I have trouble not being a tad obsessive. Once that's done I seem to calm again. It's the last few days of waiting for for a doll during shipping that also kills me, especially when they're the next province over - so close but so far.

20. I am waiting for my first doll right now, and when the lightning struck last week and I made the commitment I became super obsessed! What kind of clothes? What wig? When is she getting here?!

It's (actually, I promise) dying down a small bit, so hopefully I can be a normal person until it's closer to the time I actually have her home. I'm still super excited though. I think I'm going to try to learn to sew to pass the time...