1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get obsessed when a new doll is coming?

Nov 9, 2009

1. I go crazy, one day in History class I did nothing but stare at my soon to come dolly XD

2. I'm waiting on my second doll, only one in the house (sold my first), first SD, first boy! So I'm a liittle obsessed... But not terribly, I promise you! xD

3. *raises hand*

I get obssessed! It's really exciting to have a new addition to the family arrive!

While waiting, I get really obssessed with counting the days and searching for clothing meant for his character. If he doesn't already have a face-up, I'd spend days thinking about how he should look like >.<

However, I don't get as hyped up when it's just a body arriving ^^;;

4. Oh my gosh, I start obsessing before I even order the doll. If I see a particular sculpt that I just love, I'll stare at pictures of him, upload those pictures to my phone, and start preparing my house to make sure its "comfortable" for him. This is all before I even order it. Can you imagine?

5. I absolutely obesess from the moment I decide on the doll and place my order on. I just traded a friend for a Bambi Crony Kumi, and I can't stop staring at the website pictures of her. XD So excited!

6. *sighs* Guilty of charge ^^
      I am like a few other people. I get nuts about the doll... Save up... get him/her and Freak! I get excited look at other people's molds and get very excited thinking i have one on the way!!! I make a little i guess you could say area and plan the Box Opening, I also look everywhere for clothes and such and most of the time i think of names and a personality an such bu i get a wee bit obsessed... * goes back to stalking FL * :3

7. I always get obsessed when a doll is coming home... ^^; Even if she/he will be back from face up artist, not coming from the company, I still feel so excited with the idea, "What welcoming present I shall give to her/him ? New outfit ? New wig ? New shoes ? Which one ? Will this match her/him ?" XD~~

8. Do I ever! Its even more then an obsession xD
      I just cannot seem to stop thinking about it!

And I also seem to think of the next one to come a lot to... It just keeps going like a never ending circle :P
      I want one, I save (or not) for it, I buy it, I buy stuff for it or try to find things, I stress over it, I receive it, I'm uber happy about it and then I go all over again!

9. I'm pretty obsessed. I've been trying to ignore the wait by lavishing attention on my other dolls, but I still end up checking my order, stalking the waiting room threads to see how long everyone else is waiting, and plotting for their arrival. I'm trying to not gush about it to all of my friends all of the time, but it's hard. ;)

10. I JUST payed for my MNF Shushu and I had a dream about her last night. XD I'm gettin' a little giddy. This is my first doll.

11. Haha, I get pretty obsessed. Whenever I'm waiting for a BJD I just search everything about things I can make for them and things I want to buy for them. It even lasts a while after I get the doll ^_^ I'm glad I don't just buy things right away anymore, or I'd be using all the money :sweat

12. *guilty as charged* XD

it's pretty natural, i think, after all the anticipation of waiting to buy/saving/shipping and stuff. i'll start stalking the forum for photos and stuff...which adds to the whole obssession. heh. :3

13. I keep hoping that today will be the day that I get the email from DDE saying that my Littlefee Leah is on the way. I downloaded a calender day marking off sort of app for my iphone so that I will be able to keep track of how many days have passed since I ordered my little darling. Just so you know 64 days and counting. Maybe tomorrow will be the day. Of course I have already starting saving and planning what other dolls I can order and how long it will take for them to get here. Hunting for new dolls to order gets my mind off of the dolls I already ordered. And to think that I haven't been collecting them for very long, not even a year. Should go and check my email. Hehehehehe!

14. Only when I know absolutely how soon I'll get it. The ones that're nebulous and off in the far future rather than something like next week I never really think about. But man, when it's next week I can't stop thinking about it and I check the tracking number pretty consistently n_n;

15. yes i obsess, cave in, buy the doll, and then obsess over the fact i will soon own the object of my obsession and then i obsess over how i will accessorize them and what clothes i should make for them xD

16. Oh, gods above yes I'm obsessed. Amadeaus is my first doll, and already I've bookmarked tons of sites waiting for his approval. He's become a strong character in my head, so strong he's turning into a roleplaying character on another forum. ^.^

--EDC

17. Nah, I might have gotten a bit over excited when it was my first doll but now I just worry if it's going to get through customs alright. LOL.

18. meet too!!!
      i'm an anxious person^^

19. Yes. O.O My Delf Aru is in the shipping process now, lol and I check the tracking on her like five times a day xD

And Im going crazy buying her lots of clothes too! xD

20. Well yes, I've been browsing internet stores for wigs and shoes before my new doll arrived at home. Everyday checking tracking numer was a must ^^"