1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get obsessed when a new doll is coming?

Nov 9, 2009

1. At first I started checking the site everyday and my e-mail for a shipping notice, but you know what... after a month or so... I just start to not care anymore, lol.

Meaning, I start focusing on other things... like getting clothes/wigs ready (to some extent, I'd rather have the actual doll in my possession when I shop for it though) and then waiting for those to arrive... sigh, the waiting never ends!!

2. It all varies from moment to moment for me :p

When I just ordered I check email and account several times a day to see whether the payment is confirmed etx. Then I start looking up other owner pics, boxopenings etx.
      But after a week or two that usually fades, I still check the waiting room and new topics. But not much more. During the day I usually forget I have a doll on the way :p
      Then, after receiving shipping notice, I just go insane. Tracking the package as many times a day as possible. Only to get sad to see nothing has changed. But yeah, eventually things do change, cheer me up and make me track again! xD
      When the package goes to the postoffice I start stalking the vans driving by and looking outside the entire time :p Good thing about where I live now, not too much traffic ^^

3. I am completely obsessed with my TF May right now! She will be my first doll so I am naturally really excited!

4. Well, anyone who knows me will (very) readily attest to the fact that I am quick to obsess, often for no good reason (I'm talking to you, videogame I don't even own yet... and TV show that's been off the air twenty years longer than I've been alive... and-- well, you get the picture!), so... yeah. Not hard at all to be uber-obsessed over my boy.

At least now he's finally ordered! I had to put off ordering him because of, well, life happening. For a while after I had to postpone getting him, I just went to the website and looked at his picture every night before bed. Now he's on the way, and I've got some stuff for him, I've planned out some of the photoshoots I want to do with him, and... and I still sometimes go to just look at company photos... and yeah. I think about him a lot.

Luckily, my family is really good at putting up with me *grin*. Plus, my sister is a doll collector, and the whole fam is cool with the hobby. Bullet, dodged.

Obsession? Obsession totally un-dodged. But hey, that's why I'm here*, I guess.

=^__^=
      Anneko

*As in, on DoA. I imagine I was put on this earth to do a little more** than obsess over dollies.

**Very little more.

5. I typically get more obsessed pre-order. Like, while I'm saving up for them, it's all I can think about and I constantly look for wigs/clothes/ eyes I'd want them to have. I'm usually constantly thinking about the character itself, too, fleshing out his personality, his relationships with the other dolls, etc. But when I order them and the wig/eye/clothes thing is taken care of, I stop obsessing. I do still ponder some personality traits, but I don't think about it so much. Likewise, I don't check statuses very often. I try to forget about the fact that I've ordered one, and most of the time it just feels like any other day, so before I know it it's been a month and I'm halfway through my wait.

6. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Most often I can't afford to stay obsessed the whole time-- I have ordered a lot of LE sets or artist dolls that have a 2-to-5-month wait attached to them, and my heart and bloodpressure just wouldn't be able to sustain a full-blown obsession for that long. I'd go piff. :lol:

Life has to go on. I have a job that keeps me very busy and there is not much time for pining. But it can be very hard to stay grown-up about the waiting, especialy when it gets to be around Day 100, and you just start stamping your little feet and thinking I Want My Dolly. Sometimes I like to join a Waiting Room thread to burn some of it off; that can be a big help. It can also help you pick up information & grapevine news while you're waiting, news or changes in the company, wig/clothing suggestions from other owners, early-receiver reports of what the doll's like IRL, etc.

Other times I will not look or talk about that doll very much while I wait. When he finally arrives, he's even more of a surprise. ^^ Those are the dolls I don't obsess about-- these are the guys who are such a perfect fit with the collection that he already felt like your own doll as soon as you hit the Buy button, and it's like you're just waiting for a family-member to come back home. And the time flies by. For some reason, many of my Volks guys were like this. <3

7. I am only roughly $30 away from owning my first BJD ever, and I've been obsessed even before I had $200! I've stayed up looking for tips on everything.

8. I'm about £90 short now of ordering my twins and i am so over the moon about getting paid then ordering them that I've been bouncing off of the walls about it XD
      I dare to think what I'll be like once they are actually ordered \(^0^)/

9. Oh yeah, I havent received my first 2 dolls yet but I'm constantly checking their status. Searching sites for accessories, clothes, wigs, eyes, and furniture. Not to mention looking at all the pictures here of the same types of dolls I ordered, and searching youtube for those unboxing videos.
      But then again I'm normally like this about any hobby I get into...
      *_*

10. It varies with each doll I order. The wait for my first doll (DOD Calla) was almost too much to bear! I couldn't stop thinking about her for the entire two months. I'd check the DOD site like 5 times a day and the waiting rooms just nearly as much. I wasn't as obsessed with my second doll (Soom Galena). The first week I thought a lot about her, but then it just faded until I received her shipping notice. Only then did I start to go semi-crazy. The same happened with my third doll, a Soom Breccia. I was most excited after I received a shipping notice.

11. I think I obsess sometimes. I usually get into the wig, eyes, clothes thing while waiting. But I do check shipping statuses alot. I guess its just natural and part of the appeal of waiting for a doll. n.n

12. I have spent more money in the last 30 days on myself than I have in the last three years!

So maybe a little obsessed...
      LOL

13. When my first doll was coming I already had all his clothes and everything. I always go looking for clothes right after I order them or right before. I have spent all my money on dolls, it's getting ridiclous really...

14. I get completely addicted, I get on the computers during lunchtime at school to check to see if the EMS status has updated since I last checked it 5 minuets ago secretly from my phone in chemistry >.>....

The long waits are all worth it... But how I would love to go to a store like DDE, see the doll and BUY IT WITHOUT my computer so I get him/her instantly *automatic doting sequence: activated*

15. Letheral:I'm the EXACT same way..... every penny I get I look at my dolls and think "oh how you do need a new wig don't you Aiden" and I fathom him nodding in agreement and when he nods his hair falls off so it's mommy to the rescue with her magical paypal account!

16. Pssh, no c:
      ...Okay, a bit. But it's not like during school I'd check USPS or anything. Or attempt to sew things for them.
      Nothing like that at all. I'm completely cool and controlled.

*Poor liar*

17. I definitely am! I will be buying my first doll most likely in the middle of this month! I'm on the website everyday and on other sites looking for clothes and wigs and stuff! :D

18. yes and no. for all my used dolls i haven't even batted an eye waiting for them but with my first doll i was crazy obsessed and spent all my time planning and thinking about him. i have a theory that the obsession only gets me with new dolls and i'll test this out when i order my dm momo soon.

19. Yes, very much :-) A parcel arrived the other day and I thought no! it is too soon! lol I was right. The parcel was a wig and two pair of shoes, which are totally awesome.

20. my simple answere is me to