1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you go through Dolly phases? . . .

Apr 24, 2007

1. MUST BUY CUTE LITTLE MSD DRESSES!!!!

Before it was eyes.... and then I got too many eyes... and now it's dresses. Cute, little MSD dresses!

2. Luckily I really don't have the funds for obsessions, and goodies that I really want come out rarely.
      Sometimes I focus mostly on my BJD, sometimes I focus on my fashion dolls. Last fall I was really into buying up 1/6th stuff, now I have Barbie outfits I bought at Christmas that I still haven't even opened to put on their intended dolls. The dolls are just sitting on a shelf nude, with their hair styled.

I tend to work really hard on sewing for a while, and then get sick of it and avoid it.

3. I have three main phrases when it comes to my doll. 1, is clothes. I am really into how my doll is dressed and I can't sew anything to my standards for clothing. So sometimes, I'll be surfing DoA and get influence by a doll's style and try to buy or make (with no success) that type of outfit.
      Second phrase is what I call the prefect phrase I'll notice that one my doll's main stables of her look (wig, eyes, or shoes) isn't working for me anymore. And I spend days looking for that one prefect set of eyes or whatever to bring my doll back into balance.
      The third phrase is the photo shoot phrase. This normal bought on by a beautiful photo shoot by someone else or a request in the picture forms. I get into this phrase a lot but normally have problems with the photos. (I am night owl and live my parents who are morning people. So it's hard to get the lighting right or set up things correctly. )

4. I do it all the time, right now its the perfect eyes and wigs for my new Shushu twins...then I will stop..won't buy anything for a while then I get on a kick for something else...I am still looking for the perfect wigs for them...and now I will have Ark to buy for..but luckily he won't be wearing much...:) so I have to curb spending until he is paid for...
      sometimes its shoes..clothes..and dolls themselves....will this hobby ever stop>???

5. I am collecting bjd,Tonner dolls and Riley Kish dolls,so my dollphases change very often.for 2 years I had the bjd-fever!!but then i became bjd-tired and sold some of them to have money for Tonner dolls!!!And Riley dolls!but then bjd phase came back....I love them,more than other dolls!!

6. I get more into "phases of playing" more than phases of buying or painting or sewing (particularly since I can't sew ^^). I will leave my babies on the shelf for weeks at a time, barely spending but a few minutes a day on DoA and without looking at a single thing to buy, then suddenly I go crazy: somebody needs a new wig, someone's eyebrows need to be fixed, someone needs new piercings, someone just cannot POSSIBLY wear that outfit any longer. Then, I leave them alone again. This has a lot to do with the time I have to spend with them, but often I just randomly say, "I have another hour before bed, I should blush so-and-so!" (The other night this was the case with Nola. ^^) I just thought I was crazy, but it seems other people do the same thing... Then again, aren't we all a little crazy anyhow? ^______^

7. I tend to go through doll size phases. Right now I'm uninterested in getting more SD13 boys and would only want one more large girl unless she had another new (to me) body or a jointed torso SD10 boy. I'm mostly looking into minis and tinies currently.

8. I haven't been in this hobby long enough to know for sure, but based on my past record, I'm certain that I will go through phases. Phases when it comes to buying items, looking at specific kinds or sizes of dolls, and phases when it comes to making stuff for them or modding them. That's the way I am with all of my hobbies. I expect that my interest in the hobby as a whole will wax and wane just like my others, as well.

I have the attention span of a ferret on a sugar rush :dance

9. I know I will go through many phases.... I do with all my other crafty things. Even now when I'm just looking at the dolls I'll be on a mini kick, then a tiny kick, then I stare at wigs for days, then eyes... the cycles never end!

10. I find a doll that I love and must have. Then once I buy the doll she/he must have the appropriate clothes, shoes, wig, etc. until I am satisfied that my new love is properly attired in all ways. Of course, my dolls can never have too many pairs of shoes! Barb. (in L.A.)

11. I go through the worst sorts of doll phases... I'll be obsessed w/ various sorts of dolls (ABJD, Blythe, antique bisques, '80's New Wave fashion, random strangeness) for awhile, then I'll switch to model horses (can't say them "nay" (no pun intended ;D ) as I've been obsessed w/ them far longer than I've been interested in dolls), then I'll turn to something completely random (like Guild Wars or roller skates or planning my wedding). My Squeezypet calls this "rotating the inventory on the personality shelf". I just feel bad when the girls actually get dusty between playtimes. :P

12. Can you say it's a phase when you haven't been able to resist buying all the doll shoes you love for nearly two years? There's 16 dolls in the house but they have something like 52 pairs of shoes? Jeebus, if they went shoeless I could buy two more dolls!:o

13. If i had the funds to do so, i think i would be going through phases all the time XD

14. Oh yeah, I'm phasing a LOT. In just 6 months time we (me and my mom) filled a large box of BJD stuff. One week it's dresses, the other it's shoes, but we're generally looking for something. The past couple of weeks we had been working on fantasy outfits for the dolls to wear to an Fantasy Fair here in the Netherlands. And we seriously needed accessories. So we went to toy stores and thrift stores and scouted the internet untill we were satisfied with their looks.

And this week will be a brand new one of obsessing, we're going to dress them casual again and I'm sure they'll need something to go with the 'look'...

15. Definitely! I just went thru a Tibetan wool wig phase, then a white dress phase, then shoes. Now I seem to be on eyes & tinies. It really is an addiction & it never ends.

16. I think I've been through a ton of phases... Wig buying... custom color wigs, mohair, fur... Eyes buying... Clothes buying... Clothes commissioning. Different styles of clothes: historical... fantasy... goth... Shoes!!! Lots of shoes!!! And buying dolls themselves...

I just went through a spurt of tiny doll buying (bought 2 within weeks of each other)... and had to look at clothes and wigs and eyes for them...

I think that's settled down a bit, thank goodness!!! (mosty because I've spent most of my money!). *_*

17. I choose pretty carefully what I want but its hard since I am trying to save for another doll and yet I want these other pricey itms for my dolls so I dont do anything at all...( so I guess saving my default?? ) :)

18. yes i definitely seem to have phases... after quickly getting a few dolls, i wanted to try many different wig looks on them to see which was best. they really do look and fit better in some wigs than others, and the best is usually one you picked out for someone else!! then i became crazy for eyes, and i have started ordering some and replacing some of my resins' eyes. no wigs lately, but i feel an urge to order building! someday it will be shoes! diane

19. I was recently(still am) in the wig phase. I keep wanting to buy new wigs for my boy until I find the one I like for him.

20. Wow! I guess I'm not the only one who goes through dolly phases! ;)

Lol! Going through phases where you want to buy actual dolls. . . I seem to be going through this now. :sweat Its just a matter of making up my mind which one I want next. . .