1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you go through Dolly phases? . . .

Apr 24, 2007

1. I phase and I haven't even finished paying for my boy yet. Right now it's all about eyes i can spend hours just looking at different ones trying to find the right ones for characters I want. Though sometimes i browse for the fun of it.

2. Yes diffently, I have different fazes every couple of months, I go from, silicone to ooak, to old teddies and now it is Bjd time ha ha I go mad and have to get lots and have a complete change around, dolls so are addictive.

3. Unfortunately yes. I go through dolly phases as well... *sigh*
      Eyes, wigs, and dresses. For some odd reason, I've never gone through a "shoe" phase though... Dunno why, because IRL, I'm a shoe freak. Maybe it's because they're so expensive.

But, with me, it's either one extreme or the other. Either, I'm spending hundreds of dollars buying for them and taking photos of them until my camera batteries die... OR... They're just sitting there, and everytime I look at them I go 'meh'. The poor dears... they're so neglected sometimes.

4. I still haven't gotten my first doll yet but I've already gone on a shopping spree and bought her clothes, a bed, sofa and a carrier already... I guess its cause when she comes home soon I want her to feel content, I have a feeling she'll be very spoilt. :lol:

5. Mmmm shoes.... I love shoes. I don't know why, but I love shoes. For me and for my dolls. The funny thing is that I have only a few shoes I wear over and over, but I just .. LOVE buying shoes. Fortunately, I can channel that into dolls, since I have enough pairs of feet to wear many kinds of shoes.

6. like every other of my (very expensive) hobbies, i go crazy for weeks at a time, and then suddenly lose all interest for a month or so. and then it starts up again. never ending cycle!

7. I am now going through a phase of gathering items for my preordered Ark...I just got in a pair of wonderful eyes for him, and also one of Brighnasa's Unicorn headdresses...which I hope fits his character...
      and wigs, I love wigs....Violet Fern dresses/Ren faire dresses/ stuff for my Shushu twins...

8. Hmm, I don't think I'm so "phasey" with the stuff I buy anymore. When I first got in to the hobby, I just about broke the bank with spending so much on eyes, wigs, etc. But now with my current dolls and all the ones planned, I just have 1 default wig, 1 default pair of eyes, etc, so that I keep myself in line and don't get carried away with buying things that really don't fit my dolls' personalities.

I might be stuck in an eternal shoe-buying phase, but that's it.

9. who isent obsessed with buying tings for their dolls!

10. No not at all! I do the same this lol. Its crazy. i swear like a drug addiction!!!!!

11. Can't...stop making..dreadwigs T_T And looking at yarn for more !
      I planned on this boy having a pretty mellow hair style...and I put the wig I made on his to see if it fit his head...ended up leaving it there for days >>

I'm also currently obsessed with doll shoes. But, I don't think that one will ever go away.

12. not really a phase for me.. I'm always on the lookout for shoes, shoes, and more shoes!! (just like myself in real life :D )

13. Hah, I had a kinda weird buying phase a while back which was called 'Head-hunting' or 'The Head-buying Phase'. I scrounged the marketplace everyday[and I still do!] and when I saw pretty and affordable heads, I nabbed them up. And two-three months later, I ended up with 5-6 heads and I dont know what to do with them!

They were hogging space and although they all have a specific character of their own, I sold all of them but one. I was really happy when they all sold and I can focus on my doll collection again. Now I dont really go "HOOOOMG, PRETTY HEAD. MUST GET. NOOOOW." when I see a pretty head for sale XD I'm pretty proud of myself. But there's always exceptions for when I see heads I really WANT[wishlist dolls!].