1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a bjd you don't like but can't get rid of?

Jul 24, 2011

1. I have one too. I have had him for a year and I just can't get him right. I even had him on the MP once and took him off after a few days. I was very new when I got him and I chipped his face up and a piece of his ankle the first day! So I know I would take a loss on him. I redid his face up but it is very amateur...I bought another of this sculpt in a different skin color (whom I love) and these two were going to be brothers but I don't know.. I may send him out for a professional face up and see if that helps!

2. My Rickydoll Eluid. I can't do anything with that poor doll. I loved him so much when i first went to order him, then once he got here i was kinda done. Still can't bear to part with him. lol

3. My MSD F-02. He was the first of my MSD`s. I loved him till a certain point where I just noticed I like realistic molds more, and then he started getting neglected because he looks very odd in the family. He kinda sits on the shelf, so I may just send him to my mother who might enjoy his company more than I do. It`s still my mother with him, so it`s not like I`m selling him. Think of it as a long-term stay, like what my Kuuta is doing too.

4. Haha, this thread reminds me of my DoC Leya. Sadly, I can't get rid of it at all because it is *kinda* my temporary doll. My friend, who happens to be a male bought it for himself but due to some personal reasons, he handed it to me and asked me to take care of her for him.

I'm not sure if he'll ask for her back some day in the future or anything so I don't really know if he'll be okay if I finally decided to send her to someone else for a new face up (I'm disliking her default face-up haha) or anything.

5. My Migidoll Miho hybrid. I spent so much money on him and he's really cute but I just have never bonded with him like I did my first doll. He poses like crap because he's so kicky(even after years!) and doesn't stand properly and just...agh. But then I look at him and I can't bear to sell him-not only because I wouldn't make back near to what I spent on him. I'll just have to get him some new clothes and stuff so I'll hopefully feel more towards him ha ha!

6. Yeah, I tend to fall in and out of love with certain dolls, but I don't want to get rid of them completely either, because I've already waited so long just to get them...and plus I highly doubt I will be able to get back enough of the money I spent. :( Thank goodness for modding and the fact that these dolls are customizable..I can at least play with their look and hope that somewhere along the way, something will click.

7. I have one that I no longer want, but I'm not sure if any one would buy her. I've removed some of her face up, but her body is in great condition. Maybe I'll try the marketplace here.

8. Is it a doll you find unappealing but has sentimental value?

My first boy, an Iplehouse SooRi, fits into this. He no longer fits in aesthetically and despite having him repainted he still doesn't press the right buttons anymore. Thing is, he has so much sentimental value that I can't seem to let him go.

9. Yes, my first doll, an AOD MSD, has lost his appeal for me...I think it is both his size and his rather bland faceup. I would love to sell him but foolishly I would feel awful, probably because I so loved him when I first got him...it would be almost as if I were selling an old dog that wasn't a cute puppy anymore! So silly! Maybe if I got him a different faceup or a totally new look...

10. Puppies aren't cute when they're shredding your laundry. -gives her puppy the evil eye-

I understand your sentiment entirely - it's how I felt about Change when I first got him, but I wiped his face-up and re-did it and we clicked a lot more. ^_^

11. Three actually. I noticed that I barely work on my Miho, Elijah and Cho anymore because they don't fit the characters I purchased them for as perfectly as I thought they would.
      But I still like the dolls themselves a lot and thus have a hard time deciding which one I should let go, and which still have potential for me.
      Not yet giving up on any of them though. :clover

12. I'm starting to feel that way about my first doll, a Volks Emma. She's beautiful, but I find that I prefer less childlike sculpts and that I bond better with dolls I've done their faceups on. Emma has a Ravendolls faceup, so I don't feel right wiping it away.

But I've only had her for 6-7 months, so I'm not quite ready to give up on her, even though I know it's inevitable.