1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a blog or website JUST for dolls?

Mar 9, 2013

1. I've gone from Flickr to Instagram. It's completely doll related and I keep my personal identity separate. I'm not ready yet to combine the two ~

2. I decided I wanted to take another shot at blogging and signed up for a Wordpress blog! It will *mostly* be about my dolls, but I will probably babble about my life sometimes (mostly my daughter and my Corgis)!

Destination: Beautiful

3. I've actually attempted to create a couple accounts on tumblr at different times, but eventually got bored and dropped both. One was more general while the other (which came months after I dropped the first) had a mix of bjd stuff along with a few other personal interests. Over time I just realized Tumblr wasn't for me.

I've since migrated over to Instagram, and have been posting on there more over the last couple of months. I have a bjd/ot doll-centric account on there at lesapphirebjd. I tend to post a lot of my WIP stuff about my crew on there.

I also have a Flickr account that I occasionally post stuff on, and that's about it at the moment:kitty1

4. I have a dedicated BJD tumblr, but it barely gets much attention. I'm more-so on Instagram when it comes to dolly things. But my Instagram also isn't BJD specific, haha.

But yeah, my doll Tumblr is mostly dedicated to re-blogging other peoples dolls I love, and sometimes my own boys. <3
      If you guys want, my tumblr is: BJD

5. i have one that was set up to be a dolly blog
      onebluestocking:: bjds, designs, crafts and assorted nonsense

i use it to show off new dolls when i get their faces done, the occasional photo story, and lots about the crafts i do for my dolls. occasionally i will throw in people sized crafts or garden pics just because, but for the most part i try to keep it doll related

6. There's nothing on it just yet, but I went ahead and set up a BJD Instagram! I'm hoping to get some doll photography done this weekend and I'm just too lazy these days to keep up with Flickr and a blog.

7. I'd be interested in hearing where you find these. I'm looking for where people are writing about the hobby, about their dolls, posting photostories, and other engagements that go beyond the aesthetic Instagram bjd world (don't get me wrong, I'm amazed by the beauty of the Instagram bjd world!).

Are people blogging on Wordpress? Dreamwidth? I hang out on Tumblr and see very little bjd-related content there. I know some people use Twitter for lots of things, but I'm looking for more long-form kinds of writing.

Thanks kindly in advance from an (old!) old-schooler who feels like a newbie again.

8. I believe most people abandoned Tumblr because there was a huge Pro-Recast group bulling legit owners if I remember correctly. I think Youtube and Instagram, a little twitter and privately hosted WP are most popular.

9. I think the BJD community is more on Facebook and YouTube now. I'm a part of a BJD group on Facebook called BJD Addicts, and there are usually several posts per day of people sharing their new dolls and projects.

10. @TheKidAbroad and @CaladhielTan - thanks for your replies. It's good to get a sense of where people are, these days. The sort of thing I'm thinking of might be more like a WP blog. I almost never post doll content on Tumblr - I didn't even realize pro-recast people were dominating there. :horror:

11. I do a project video on my YouTube channel every Saturday, and I see other BJD channels uploading WIP type videos also. Of course, that would be in video form and not text, so that might not be what you're looking for.

12. Thanks for letting me know, @CaladhielTan - your channel sounds cool.

I just came across some old stuff of mine on Livejournal, and realized how much I missed having a kind of concentrated space for written reflections--not necessarily meta about the hobby, since I don't actually feel like I know that much about the contemporary state of the hobby. More like writing about my own dolls and how I feel about them, I guess.

13. Bringing the dead back to life!
      I'm working on a blog that will be owned by my first BJD - idoru Rei Toei (she is my avatar too).
      At the moment the working version only... You can find the link in my signature.

#233 Arengil, Dec 19, 2023
      Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    14. Here's my BJD blog, on my own domain.

I pretty much post everything BJD there -- photos, box openings, sewing and faceup journals, reviews of doll bodies/posing and stuff I've bought, questionnaires and fun things, all my bloggy ramblings (and I ramble a lot). My blog is also the only place that has my complete photoshoots; only a fraction of my pics make it onto DoA or social media.

15. I don't have, I think it's mooooore difficult than Instagram or doll forums and you must already have some kind of audience but I like this website About my BJD that I find accidentally and she has YouTube also

16. I could have sworn I posted in this thread already, maybe there's another one similar to it? Anywho, my doll site is just some dollies. I'm only focusing on my minis at the site, I have too many dolls to worry about posting all of them :lol:

17. I started working on a doll Tumblr to gather all my faceups and doll photos into but realising how much work catching up with material and uploading and tagging it all is, I got a bit tired halfway :sweat I mainly post the photos to DoA and the idea of doubling up and uploading the pictures again feels a little annoying for me, too. But maybe one day I'll catch up and manage to publish the tumblog finally!

18. I have a doll Tumblr! I post off-topic doll stuff there if it's not on DollDreaming... The name just my handle on here plus the word "dolls". I also have some dumb posts on there if I'm feeling silly, and reblogs of other people's dolls sometimes. :)

19. My Flickr and Instagram are 99% about dolls.
      My WordPress is about BJD stories, tutorials, box openings, micro stories and more.
      The Wix blog belongs purely to Rei. I'm thinking about making a special instagram for her too, but I'm too lazy. :lol:

#239 Arengil, Dec 20, 2023
      Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    20. In the past I tried to start a blog about my doll stories and pictures and the dolly-related crafts I used to make, but I've never been an active person in forums or social media to promote it correctly and, when considering the amount of effort I had to make and almost no one would see it or interact with it, the task seemed daunting and pointless.
      Now I have a IG account only for my dolls and dolly related stuff (pictures with small texts) but I'm not as active as I'd like. I sometimes have ideas and things I'd like to do, but life keeps me entertained and in the end I'm pretty content just watching my dolls and having them around.