1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a doll limit?

Apr 29, 2016

1. Yes I think it's a very common feeling. Can't let our new dolls get lonely, that would be cruel!

2. Currently I want 5. Earth, Water, Wind, Fire, and Hell themed.

3. I originally said I'd have 5.... I'm over the 20 mark now so I've given up on having a limit XD

4. I don't really have a limit. I collect MSD size and currently have 6 complete girls but I wouldn't say no at add more, but I'm also grateful for those I do have

5. I'm a bit of a neat freak and decided somewhere along the line that I absolutely wouldn't let the dolls take over more than a certain allotted amount of space in my house. They get the display cabinets for the dolls themselves, a small pair of chests of drawers for their clothes, wigs and shoes, and part of one upstairs closet for their other assorted "stuff". That's it. No more. Once that space if filled, the collection is complete.

I've now hit that limit with the dolls (Honestly, I've gone a little over, because I have NO CLUE where my monster of a DZ mermaid is going to go. o_0). There's no more room in the cabinets... It'll still be awhile before I'm out of space for other things, though. :lol:

#25 Brightfires, Apr 29, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    6. Since I'm just getting my first one this week, I'm thinking 3-4 max. Probably 3 of the YOSD size and one larger (TBD).

7. I admit, this has been a bit of a struggle for me. When I first joined the hobby I only wanted 4 dolls, and that seemed like a nice number. Now I'm up to 11 dolls. For a short while I was pretty darn happy with my collection. It felt complete and whole and ready for some fine tuning.

Then I went to Resin Hearts Convention.

I now have 3 full dolls, 2 floating heads and 2 pet dolls on their way home to me. Apart from bodies for their heads, I also have...hmmm 6-7 more dolls on my wishlist that I have every intention of getting. I'm really happy with my collection, but I admit sometimes it doesn't worry me. It doesn't feel like too many dolls, nor does it look like it (to me anyway), but simply saying those numbers out loud makes me wonder if it actually is at times. I live in a rather tiny home and share my space with my husband, so I have to be mindful which how much room they take up. Fortunately he appreciates them and knows they make me happy, and as long as they stay on their shelves I don't think he really cares how many are there. Still, I find it shocking sometimes to realize I have what some folks might consider a large collection!

8. Just after getting my first girl I set the limit to 5. I was planning to get 5 of them in a few years period. After a year since then I have four and 5th is on it's way ^^" And I still have a few grails I wish to own ^^"

9. Yes but I fail.

When I first joined the hobby, I said just one. But he seemed lonely, so ok just two. Which turned into six. Then no more than 13. Ok well maybe 26. Ok 39 and absolutely no more!!

However, when I did hit 38, I felt so overwhelmed and was spread so thin that I didn't really enjoy any of them.

I sold a lot and now I'm down to 15 and a head (which I hope to finish soon). I've set my limit back at 18, though ideally I would like to cut back to 13. I just can't seem to let any of the current crew go just yet.

10. I have a list of characters I want shelled - not an absolute number limit.

11. I don't have a number in mind that would be my limit but I think it would be hard to handle more than 20 dolls. I already have 13 and it's a struggle to pay each enough attention, change their clothes and take photos. Mostly they just sit on the shelf and look pretty. And while that's fine for the most part, I sometimes think I have more than I need. I haven't sold any dolls for the longest time but once I started, it actually felt good to know they were going to new homes and owners that would actually have time to play with them.

12. Seriously!! Especially when dolls are limited! I have no characters for a doll, but it's limited so I just make one up on the spot, and then I have a reason to get that doll ;w;

13. I don't have a specific number... Fewer than 10 probably. I have pretty limited space, and I have SD sized dolls so I have to keep it on the low side. If I had a larger area, who knows.

But I'm okay with it, I collect pretty slowly (4 dolls in 10 years isn't too bad I don't think).

14. 10, but I'm kind of shocked to find myself already at 5.

I'll say absolute maximum upper limit is 15, but every time I hit a marker of 5 (5, 10, 15) I need to stop and seriously assess whether I really like and want to keep all these dolls, and what each doll is bringing to the collection.

...somehow, I bet everyone who ends up with 30+ dolls starts off saying this :lol:

15. no, I have trouble finding dolls I like. I'm super picky but don't want to stop at 7 or 11 if I get the wishlist ones. I'd like to continue growing the collection

16. i limit myself to 3. so i need to sell 1 when my fourth doll arrive around this month

17. My budget forces me to have yearly limits on the number of dolls I can buy, but I don't think I have a limit on the number of dolls I'll ultimately own.

18. I don't really have a limit, but I feel like my collection is complete as it sits right now and don't feel the need to get any more. I have all of the ones I really want, so unless something new comes out that I really want I don't see myself buying any more.

19. I only have mature tinies about 30 cm tall and smaller dolls, and started out not planning a limit. It's been a little over three years, and I have 17, with another one pre-ordered. Yikes! I don't want to give up any of the ones I have, but have trimmed down my wishlist, and hope to keep the total below 30. I don't think I'd be able to give each of them enough attention if I have more than that.

#39 Leo Pheonix, Apr 30, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    20. I did have a limit and now I know I should have one but unfortunately I'm way over both! I'm planning to let go of many of my dolls but it's so so hard!