1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a doll limit?

Apr 29, 2016

1. No, not particularly. ^^; I'm not really concerned with limiting myself, like the idea of having a big and growing doll family! ^_^ I'm not going to just start buying dolls that I don't really care for all willy-nilly for the sake of having a huge collection, but if there's a lot that I really do love, I'm going to do my best to try to get them all, and I won't pass one up if I can get one just because I've hit a certain amount. I also won't deny adding more dollies to my wishlist if I come across more that I love, either. :3

2. Nope, I don't XD

3. Right now, I only want a maximum of 4 specific dolls, and I don't anticipate it changing any time soon.

4. I have 5 right now, 2 sd and 3 msd, both genders. I have two elf heads that have no bodies, but they share with the other dolls. I really don't have the space or the time to spend on more dolls, but if the right one catches my eye it would be hard to say no. Also thinking about a different color resin, as I only have ns and ws dolls. So I guess I haven't really set a limit yet but will have to consider new purchases carefully. I tend to skip from hobby to hobby, so when I start to neglect them or lose interest in creating for them I will have reached my limit. I think the best thing about this hobby is you can create a new doll just by changing them, so unless you get particularly attached to one character what's to stop you from making the doll into another by giving them a complete makeover. They can exist forever in pictures.

5. Limits? What are those! In Latiland.... its like Pokémon, "gotta collect them all!" ... I do have a spending limit... for every month.
      But no limit for how many dolls I can have. I have never thought to myself "no more then X" I think it'd make me sad once I reach that limit.... I just don't think my heart could handle it. lol

I'm already up to 5 lati dolls, 1 pet lati, an anthro, and a Yosd. (which the yosd is hopefully leaving soon.) I have plans for more MSD's again... at least 3? if not more.... then lati dolls.. I need like 100 of those. lol

I guess i'll worry about limits when I run out of space to store them.

6. My absolute maximum is 10. Ideally I would have no more than 5, but I already have plans for 4 SDs plus the two minifees I have at home.

7. I've been in this hobby for a decade already...and I'm currently at 20 (counting the ones still on layaway.) I never dreamed I'd wind up with so many, and I'm certainly hoping to stay at that number.:sweat In truth I feel very fortunate to have them all, and there isn't a single one I'd be willing to part with. In my defense, only 2 were ever impulse buys (and I'm very happy I was able to snatch them up when I did!) All the rest were carefully purchased character shells, long thought out in advance and meticulously planned for.

#47 PoeticSoul, May 2, 2016
      Last edited: May 2, 2016
    8. Right now I have! :XD: At the beginning I limited my doll collection at 13 dolls but in the end I have totally 15 dolls and I think it's already enough, although I might get a new one in the future; like a super cool version of Hyperon or new version of Volks Okita.

9. For me the size of doll has some influence. The lati whites and puki pukis are so *tiny* I could easily go above ten for them! For bigger dolls five feels like a nice manageable number. I just know I would hate to have my room filled with so many dolls, it would be too overwhelming!

10. A year ago my limit was zero XD

11. No limits and I do have a good number of dolls. Nowadays I tend to enjoy to see other people's dolls more than I need to add to my numbers. Just feeling a little saturated!

12. I did try to set my limit at 12 or less... Now I'll be at 23 soon, so limits just don't work for me, LOL!

13. No set limit, but everytime I get more than 15 or so large dolls I find myself selling some of them off.

14. I've never thought of having some sort of limit before. I really thought I'd just get the one doll and be pretty set and done. Turns out that's probably not going to happen, I've been shopping for my next one like crazy. :)

15. I got the same feeling as you do... It is kind of weird to leave the only doll alone :/ . So I decide for myself to get only 4-5 Dolls ^^ ... Because I am not allowed to have more then this number :/

16. My personal limit atm is that they all have to fit into our doll cabinet. We've got 20 BJDs 60-70cm in there now with an Eve Studio cat and 2 Kikipops. It could probably hold another couple but I'm being really picky because that would be absolute capacity.

17. Hi, my limit is by 6-7 dolls, but in last time I want more, because you can do some much with the dolls. Like create some beautiful stories and more... If you have many BJDs you can made very complicated, special and long stories! :D

Now I have only one doll, in june two dolls. ^.^

18. I have no doll limits for now but it's not like I want to buy many dolls at once. I'm very thoughtful before buy a sculpt, so it's gonna be a long story before I touch 10 dolls or more. Now, I have one doll only but I'm thinking to make a special room like a doll sanctuary or so. This room should be enough to store as many dolls as possible :whee:

19. Not a hard limit, no. Limits never seemed to work for me. HOWEVER, I do have a desire to keep my wishlist at its current length as much as possible. That's eight dolls and five heads long so it shouldn't really be that hard to stick to it. If I ever get the desire to add a new member I can always think hard about it and simply swap the dolls in the wishlist around...

20. I did have a limit a few years ago. At one point I told myself I would stop at seven. I felt like it would give me plenty of options, but I've already gone over that limit. I hit 10 dolls a few months ago and just gave up restricting myself, as doll collecting is one of the few hobbies I have and really enjoy, so I think it's fair to consider adding more.