1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a doll limit?

Apr 29, 2016

1. I have 19 characters I'd like to shell, so I guess 19 is my limit. I'm about 1/3 of the way there, counting dolls I've ordered but aren't here yet.

I just don't know where I'm going to put them all.

2. I don't feel I have a number limit. But I also value their distinctness from one another so that tends to limit the size and company of the next doll. The exception to that are Luts Tinies. I want them all. :love

3. I think my limit will be around 10-ish, although we'll see of that actually happens. So far I've only purchased 1 doll, so I have a while before I reach that.

4. I think I have, though I haven't reached it yet. I'd like to stop around ten, or a bit less. I'll see ! I like the number of dolls I currently have, even if I want a few more, but I feel like I'd be overwhelmed if I had too many...

5. I remember only wanting 2... Then I don't know what happened. Since the limit long passed 2, I don't think there will be another limit ^-^""

6. From my wishlist and characters I've still to shell, I think 7 dolls will be my limit. I have 2 bjds at the moment along with 2 floating heads ( 1 to be shelled and one practice head)

7. For now I think three to four might be the most I think I'm able to handle, I will run out of stories and personalities otherwise! :wiggle I just have this feeling that it will end up something closer to that when you add a zero to the number I think of...

8. I have always perferred to have one doll or a very small amount so I can give those dolls all of my attentions and put time, money and energy into their look and character. It does not feel as special when I have a bunch of dolls because not only am I not able to develop and complete all of them but I like the feeling of having that one or two dolls close to me and then maybe months or a year later after I have put time and energy into my current dolls buy a new one. It also makes the buying and recieving experience much more fun and exciting because I am not buying 10 dolls in 5 months. For me, having so many dolls becomes boring and meaningless for some reason. But everyone is different

9. for now, since im a newbie to this hobby... i have this list of sculpts i wanted... and i think my list contains 5 only :hug:

10. I'd say 5 but you never really know :P

11. I think 6 is my total. I'm not wanting a ton of dolls but I do have characters I want to create. If I get more, it'll probably be an impulse buy or a gift.

12. Actually, I really don't know. I feel like 40+ is far too much, but 10 ? I would go for ten. 20 ? I don't know. Maybe. Probably one day. I just can't pick a number. I guess it depends on the size of the dolls (having 10 Tinies and 10 SDs isn't quite the same thing)...

13. First it was 5, then 10, then, 15, then 20 and now 25 XD

I really want to go back to 15 so I will probably start selling more dolls. The new ones are always the first ones to go, my old dolls stay forever with me.

14. I don't really think so. Though I do think that if you're risking your own personal well being for your collection then I think you should cut back on collecting.

15. I do find to many overwhelming. I decided to sell a couple to get down to 13 but now went a bought another 2 plus a head that will no doubt end up getting a body. I would really like to have only 10 or so but I love the others to much to part with them. I feel if I have to many I can't concentrate on those I like best and then there is also the space issue as most of mine are 65+cm guys. Cost also plays a factor and getting clothing and accessories for them all.

16. We are of a similar mind. Although my doll count is currently a whopping ZERO at the moment (still working on that), for financial reasons my limit would be two at most, a female and a male. I have a weakness for the larger dolls that lean more towards anatomically accurate, so it pretty much hikes up the cost (and the space eaten up) to begin with. I'd just pour out all my love on the limited one/s I will have.

17. I've been thinking about this a lot recently.. When is.. Too many dolls really too many.. Honestly I've been spending all of my money on ordering dolls recently (and the occasional trip to the BJD closet Child, which so far has resulted to 4 new dolls).. I've slowly been getting into the hobby for the last year or so.. And since then I've gotten 23 dolls.. Not counting the ones I've ordered.. I really think I need to slow down and try to connect with the dolls I have before ordering anymore..

18. I don't have a set limit because if I did I'd most likely not stick to it. Having said that I don't plan to have so many dolls that I can't move in the house lol.:) With limited space I can't just keep buying anyway but I think for me its best not to jinx things:eusa_sile by saying i'm only going to have a certain number of dolls as i'm sceptical that things would work out that way.

19. I am the same as those who posted here that they said their ideal number was one thing and end up with another. cries. i said ideally 5. I am goig to aim for less than 10. I have characters I want to make but unfortunately more characters get added to the story... and i have one doll that doesn't fit at all in the story

20. I have a limit due to the story I have in my head. I believe have around 9 or 10 to go :) Just love my bjd's :)