1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a doll limit?

Apr 29, 2016

1. When I rearranged/redecorated the upstairs room that I use as a library and sewing space recently, I was able to add another small cabinet to make my "upstairs" doll display match my "downstairs" set. That took a bit of the "No room at the inn!" pressure off and allowed me to add another EID guy and a Soom FC girl to the collection, while re-arranging everyone else a little more artfully.

I still don't really have room for many more new additions, and there's still absolutely no way that Dakwa (my Sawarieda) is going to fit anywhere behind the glass when she finally shows up (Six months wait and counting. 'Gotta love DZ. :lol: ), but that's okay. I think there's actually something nice about knowing that there *is* a finite amount of space and that, at some point, that's going to impose a pretty hard upper limit on my collection.

#81 Brightfires, Jul 13, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    2. Since I have no space limitations and I find that setting a limit doesn't do any good, I just try to be okay with the fact that my collection is as big as it is at whatever moment in time I'm in. Sometimes it's really small; other times it's kind of big. In general, it naturally hovers around 10, but I don't beat myself up if I am under or over that, even by a lot.

3. When I first got into the hobby, I thought one doll would be enough for me and for about a year I was right. Then I found another I wanted and it sort of went from there. Currently, I have four at home, one on the way, and one more I know I want. At the most though, I think I'd have twelve. I've found that I tend to go for the 1/3 range and since those tend to be the upper side of expensive, I would want to limit myself. Six seems to be where my mind is stopping right now in terms of what characters I'd like to shell, although eight if I finally end up shelling my most long held couple.

#83 maykoh, Jul 14, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    4. When I first got into the hobby, I firmly told myself that I will only get one doll and that's all I will need haha. But, as I looked at more dolls and got more character ideas, I told myself that I'll give myself a limit of three dolls...Although, I know I will have a very hard time to keep that promise to myself. :sweat

5. My wishlist keeps growing but I think for my poor fiance's sake and our finances, I'll keep the number small

6. I don't necessarily have a limit, but I really believe in quality over quantity. If I have a doll I still want to do stuff to I'm hesitant to buy more.

7. I think the most I might ever have is maybe around 10? I've been in the hobby for 6 years now and am currently waiting on my 4th doll to arrive, so I'm happy to increase my collection slowly. There are quite a few others on my wishlist but money and space are issues for me at the moment. Maybe one day my collection can get larger though. :)

Still, I don't think I will ever have a huge number of dolls like some people have. Firstly, I don't think I could justify the amount of money they would cost. Secondly, I just wouldn't have the time to spend with them all because my job keeps me pretty busy most of the time.

8. Ohhhh my godddd. When I started the hobby I thought I'd max out at 3 or 4 or something, because I'm super picky with sculpts and aesthetics, but now it's nine years down the line and I have six completed and three incoming heads/bits....

9. The only limit I have is on my credit card!
      Seriously, I think around 10-12 is a good number, and as I've grown in the hobby, I've sold off less liked dolls and now only get the ones I truly love.

10. I never set myself a limit, but I think I've reached it save for ordering one more body! Once I get the doll I'm waiting on, and order that last body, I'll have six 1/3 and one tiny (Sio2 Bleater, I often forget I have her she's so small!) I have no more characters left to shell, but I think I'll be keeping an eye on Crobidoll, I can probably expect to be sucked into another order from them in the future!

11. I think my limit is probably ten or fifteen
      As long as I keep it under those numbers

12. I'm not completely sure... But I think I want to at least buy 10! Maybe 15 or 16 at most. >3<

13. I do actually, after saying that I would buy hundred and hundreds at first XD. But when the dolls started coming in, and I reached about 10 dolls, I started to lose the ability of seeing each individual doll, and instead they became a big pile of resin and dust. Dolls are far too pretty to turn into dust, and so I've set a limit for myself. 10 big dolls maximum. I do have two tinies as well, but as they reside in my dollhouse, I don't notice them as much.

14. I had a limit which I had failed to keep. :sweat
      At first it was 4yosd 2msd, it exploded to 6yosd 2msd. Then I changed it to 7yosd 2msd because I had a guild idea for my yosd crew. But that did not came true as I decided to get my dream sd. Needed to fund for it so I downsided my crew.

Current crew: 0sd (waiting for head) 0msd (rehomed) 6.5yosd (selling 1 and a floating head)
      Current limit: 1sd 0msd 5yosd
      Hope I can stick to this for a few years..

15. I've told myself my limit is 20, since i tend to move alot and i only really want to shell characters from my main stories. That number of course is not including pets. Right now i have 4 full dolls, a floating head and an msd on her way so so far doing well on my limit.

16. First I said just one...then I wanted a boy. So I said, only 2 then! Then I wanted to see if I'd like a bigger one. A couple heads, dolls as gifts to my friends, too many clothes, and hundreds of dollars later, I've stopped lying to myself and said I won't go over 10 total. It seems to be a popular number. 2 seemed like too many, but now I have bought, sold, and gifted quite a few and now I'm only keeping 3. For now :3

17. Yes. I have a hard cap of about 4-6 resins. As of right now I have two resin dolls and one of the DZ plant things. However, after getting my first DD my plans for resin dolls are probably on hiatus as I'm most likely going to buy a couple more vinyls before I get my resins.

18. The sky is the limit when it comes to my dollies - that... and my budget and storage space. At the moment, my collection is starting to crowd my room, so I will try to limit the number of dollies I can get:...(

19. I can't see myself owning a lot of them due to budget (if eventually I ever own 5 or more I'll be really surprised). I own two currently, but I found a third one I really want to get eventually.

20. Me, i only have one... But i want sooo many more!!! I have no limit, but i do have a price limit.. If it's over 400$ I probably wont get it☹️