1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a doll limit?

Apr 29, 2016

1. Right now I have five with one of them for sale right now. I think my maximum would be seven or eight because then I wouldn't have any room hahaha. if I had more room, then my limit would be twelve. I may go over that limit, but hey, I don't know! :lol:

2. I'd like to stay at one new doll per year, max. We'll see how that goes haha!!

3. It would be ideal to have one doll from one company, but .. I can not get. At the beginning of my collection, I had planned that))

4. Right now I like to say its 10. I currently have 7 full on topic BJD, 2 off topic BJD, and 2 on topic heads with a body on the way. Oh darn does that mean I'm at my limit? Better make it like 15 or something then. ;)

5. Is a limit possible???? I have a ton of room... If money weren't an issue I'd collect them all

6. i think I've been impulse buying and my thing is quantity over quality ..theres many used dolls that have a lot of potential and i like having a lot so I don't get bored :)

7. I think my doll limit is 10.

If I were a billionaire, then I'd buy as many dolls as my heart desired. But for the sake of space and money, I think 10 is a good limit for me. I'm awaiting doll #7 right now, so I guess I'd better choose my next 3 wisely. :sweat

8. So far I don't really have a limit, but I don't plan on ever having more than 15.

9. Life and funds are my limit.. I will keep collecting dolls until I lose the interest or until I get old and vanish. I got lot's of space to fill up, and when I have sold my anime collection, I have room for hundreds of dolls :)

10. I completely retract all statements I've ever made about a doll limit. I'm sunk. I'm dead. This hobby has killed me. I thought I'd only have four dolls total EVER, and that I'd only buy one doll this year -- I have four dolls already and two heads! :o Seriously, I had no idea how nice it'd feel to have multiple dolls. I LOVE my first girl... and my second... and my third... and my soon-to-arrive fourth. I even love the heads! I guess my doll limit has now changed to "whatever doesn't qualify as overspending for me based on my own financial situation/saving habits."

11. I wish mine was a smaller group than what it is....I own over 100!

12. I don't have a number... it just has to be an amount that does not feel overwhelming or lacking.
      I have quite a few dolls (uh...almost 10 to be exact) now but still want at least like 2 or 3 more... not sure if that'll be too much in the end, just gonna have to see where I end up.
      The problem is also that while I can say "okay, I love these sculpts right now", one never knows what may be released next and there can always be more new dolls coming out that look so perfect you gotta have them! I'm not confident I can let go of older dolls for a new one.

13. Technically yes - I like to limit to one or two... but since I have three currently with me and three in the works (oh my goodness), I'd say the limit it soft to say the least.

14. I thought I did when I started, and I thought I was fine with four for some time. Then I somehow ended up buying Hel off of a good friend, turned around and gave a doll to my best friend, and redolled the character all in the last few weeks. *laughs* I have 5, though 6 now live in the house. I wouldn't say I have a limit, but right now it's what fits on my doll shelf. All but one are msd size, the full 1/3 size being my first; I've since fallen in love with the smaller dolls. Chances are I might redoll my big girl into a smaller body at some point as she feels a little awkward being so much bigger than everyone else.

15. Between the porcelain dolls, barbies and my little bjd, I keep between 30 and 40 dolls in various stages of completion. Right now I have 37.:aeyepop: my living space doesn't allow for more.:atremblin

16. I don't have a limit. As they are expensive, I don't think I can afford that many anyway.. I limited myself tho for how many dolls per year, I told myself not to order more than four.^^

17. Welll...it was one, but then I started thinking about how sad a little Luts tdf would be without a supervisory adult/older child around, and now I'm planning on eventually saving up for a big sister for her...and I haven't even gotten the first one yet. Oops. So right now it's two.

18. I was only going to have one....SK Layla.....hahahahaha that didn't last long! My limit is what I can afford, and not that many that I feel overwhelmed. I think I had over 20 at one point and am now selling quite a few. I should end up with about 10....probably still too many:lol:

19. I'm aiming for three maximum, that's perfect. I can not take care of too many dolls and I like to have small quantities of everything in my room so it's easier to pack if I have to stay away for a long time (traveling a lot).

20. I think once I've shelled all the OCs that are super important to me I'll definitely be done. So around 13 ish at most? But that'd take a veery long time, and I'm not too worried about a limit yet.