1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a doll limit?

Apr 29, 2016

1. Right now I want to say no, but I'll come back and post again once I receive the four I have on the way and see how I feel about them. :P

2. I've had a ton of doll limits, but it still keeps just going higher! Seriously... I started only wanting ONE! (and you all know how THAT goes!) :sweat

3. Haha, I doubt it. Every time I run out of room, I see one more thing I really love. And somehow, I find more room. Having a lot of stuff everywhere can feel overwhelming at times but it's in my nature to continue collecting :doh

4. Haha I started out thinking, "I just want this one doll," too. Now I'm thinking I'd like one tan one and one doll chateu as well :)

5. I still live with my parents but I don't think they care. If I'm filthy rich, I might be open a room special for my dolls. :lol: So yeah, my only problem is with money. LOL

6. No limit except for what my wallet can handle.

7. I think 5 or 6 bjds would be about right for me. I have three forever dolls, a forever head that needs a body, and a pet doll. I just sold two dolls that really weren't blending in and I couldn't bond with. Will probably sell my Minifee Mio head too. One thing I learned from all this is that I can't bond with a blank doll at all.. Even with plans to get a faceup done. I love just browsing the market place once in a while and a doll or head will tell me to bring it home and that's how I get inspired! I love that they've had a life before coming home to me!

8. When I first go to dolly hobby I was sure I will get only one or two dolls, since that time many things changes, I got about 40 dolls and still want more XD

9. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to afford that many dolls... but my family has quickly grown. I don't really have a limit or any idea of what would be too many. I think I will probably have to get to the "too many" point before I can decide to let any go because of number, but I'm also the type of person that has trouble letting go of things.

10. I try to keep it small, but I have a lot on my wishlist . It's beginning to look like it's going to continuously expand until my collection implodes on me.

11. After my fifteen'th doll I have not got any limit because I know it is useless.

12. Not really, but my happy place seems to be 4-5.

13. Hmm, I've never really set a limit for myself, but I've always had a general idea of "not many." I tend to like face sculpts that happen to be larger (60/60+ cm), but after acquiring two plus a floating head, I'm really trying to refrain from buying more despite how gorgeous they can be. Maybe five complete SDs at most and no more than 10 of the MSDs and yo-SDs? I think I'd like to keep it under 20 dolls total, but I'm happy to let the collection progress naturally. :)

14. I suppose my limit would have to be whenever I no longer have inspiration for my characters to harbor in a doll. So honestly, I don't really have a limit? ;) Whenever I run out of creativity I suppose.

15. I'm new to the hobby but I told myself 5...

I eventually want 3 boys, 1 girl and an another i'm mulling on....

I have 2.5 already so we'll see how much self control I have as time gies on lol

16. My limit is 5 now but mine USED to be just one...... but....... what if my doll gets lonely!!!!!! Lol

17. I should have set one decades ago! If you could see my house full of dolls you could tell I don't have one. There is always another one to want. Always.

18. I think I do, not consciously perhaps. I had 6 -7 dolls at the same time 5 years ago, and I think I was really overwhelmed. Sold everyone, except for one. Now I do miss some of them(not all). But it was most fun with the 3 first, so I do think that is my number;-)

19. My doll max limit is 7 of each size. I like to make characters and worlds for the dolls I have and I've always thought 7 was a very wholesome number of friends to have. My plans are pretty much to have either 4 girls and 3 boys or 4 boys and 3 girls in every group.
      Hopefully I don't ever get 7 of every size though. I shudder to think I'd own 21 dolls, that's too much for me.

20. I (jokingly) asked my friends to stage an intervention if I ever ended up with more dolls than I could handle. They established if I ever got more than three they'd road trip to my place and do it.

Assuming money wasn't a factor, I'd say around 5-8 is the most I could feel comfortable having at one time. Any more than that range and I feel I wouldn't be able to pay enough attention to all of them and I'd feel like "what was the point of buying this if I'm not going to interact with it?"
      Since money is a factor for me though, any more than 3 right now would be severely pushing it. I also need to take into consideration space; I collect figurines and other stuff that needs shelf space and display realty estate. Since I like the massive 1/3s it really is something I have to stop and think about before I start thinking about getting another.