1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a favorite among your dolls?

Nov 3, 2015

1. I think that my favorite varies based upon who I'm working on at the moment. For a while it was Kore, my Souldoll Yu/Supiadoll 60cm hybrid, because I really liked the quartz I set into her body.

But then I almost cut off the tip of my finger with an X-acto blade (it reattached, but ouch). As a result, I had to stop modding for a while because I lost some of my grip strength and leverage (bandaids don't grip very well).

As a result, I moved on to dyeing, which discolored my hands and made me nervous to touch a white skin doll. And then my craft store stopped carrying the X-acto blades I needed. So for a while after, my favorite was my Dollclans Vezeto, because I recently finished modding his head (his features--eyes in particular--needed to be smaller so he fit with his love interest).

Then, because I was on a modding roll, I opened the mouth of my Dollshe Arsene. Now it's a tie between by Arsene (because he now has a body) and my Impldoll Nicholas (because he recently got a wig--made by me). They're 2/4 on-topic dolls with me right now, so I guess that's also probably why I like them.

I'm feeling up to modding again, so Kore's probably going to go back to the top of the list (especially because Arsene's hybrid is not complete, and some of her parts are ordered from Dollshe, who is really behind right now).

2. Fawn, my DT Seola, because she was the first BJD I fell in love with. At the time, she belonged to a friend, but I was lucky enough to eventually bring her home.

And don't tell any of my other tinies I have a favorite among them, but it's Maddy, the PKF Mio in my avatar. She was a total impulse doll who became a character who had lived in my head for twenty years. None of it was planned. I only had one spare wig at the time, and one pair of glass eyes, but - they were perfect.

3. For me, it's my Sia. I just love the way she looks so out of it but focused at the same time.

4. My favorite doll is a Glee sprocket by Connie Lowe. She is just the sweetest and happiest looking little thing. She always makes me smile and sometimes just laugh out loud.

5. I would have to say I have two favorites, But since they are Identical twins I can count that as 1, right??
      I created the characters over 20 years ago and the first incarnation of them was Barbie dolls, my most recent incarnation of them is Iplehouse FID Arivds.

6. Angel, my tiny Lati Lami is my favorite, so portable, so twee! She's followed by my Hiraku (Yo-SD Kuuta) I love his weight, the lines of his sculpt, he just feels wonderful!

7. My favorite is my PukiPuki Ante. I'm usually into such small dolls, and she's a little difficult to shop for but she is above and beyond my favorite.

8. Mine is my Dollshe David... I love him so much I got him a twin. I do need to buy him more clothing though. My HID has a bit more clothing, but since Iplehouse were to stop making something I'd have nothing to buy him. David at least fits into other vendors clothing.

9. Although it has been years but I still love my first doll. She is Musedoll Ciel :)

10. I love all my dolls but each group has my favorite that if I had to thin they would be the ones that make the first cut. But my all time fav, the one I would rescue from a fire is my Eddie, a Bishonen House Steve. He is my Avatar and the doll I have done the most with of any doll since my first love, a DT Hue named Shigure. Eddie has over 40 face plates and has allowed me to do things in hobby which was reason I wnated the BJD. Using my imagination and creating short stories with photos. If hubby said we had to move and we can only take 3 things, I would take Eddie, his bin of face plates and the Armoire, my hubby made me for our 10 Christmas together.

11. My Bambicrony Amy 2nd release full set that my sweetie surprised me with for Christmas in 2010.

12. hmm...I used to with my old dolls, but it's hard for me to say now. I only have one of my three with me. However I think I'm going to find I care about all three of my little girls the same. Last time I just bought dolls I liked the look of, this time I'm being a lot more careful and buying only ones I really love. (the fact that I'm going to have less will likely help as well!)

13. Hmm.. My current favourite is my little cat angel, Raquel Rose Meira, a Soom teenie hybrid. She has a Surprise Lami head, Argil body with a pair of back wings and with Lilid fantasy ears and tail. She is currently dressed in a sweet pink and white sailor uniform, a hand-me-down clothing from her senior resin sister. I should get them all a new set of outfits... Maybe next month.. :sweat

14. The favorite among my dolls tend to switch a lot. One week it'll this doll and another week it'll be someone else. I like it that way because then everyone gets their fair share of love ^^

15. As of now my favourite among my boys is my most recent boy, Kamui >3< He's my first SD, I have three MSDs and I am very much fascinated with how big he is. His clothes are all a bit more expensive than my other three boys ;_;

16. I have those that I like more and those I don't care that much, but there's no clear favorite. It's usually the one I've worked on recently - at the moment it's Aaron, because he got a new wig and new clothes, and maybe Lili because she looks so cute with Aaron now. Before him it was Serafina because of her new alpaca wig and before her Saaga who got a complete makeover. Next I need to make new clothes for Maria and hopefully to bond with her a bit more too - then she might be the favorite.

17. yes my favorite is chloé minifée

18. My favourite is a Delf Aragorn. Essentially, there's nothing special about him at all. He's got a default face-up and is actually in the minority in my collection as he's a doll that's still readily available. I didn't even like the sculpt at first either! But... I bought his head second hand on a complete whim, and when he arrived I just fell for him! I was then lucky enough to get a second hand Type 4 Delf body second hand for an incredibly good place and, just like that, I found myself with a perfect doll (as both his head and body came with certificates) for less than half what he would have cost me from Luts.

And... be it completely illogical or not, because he came to me in two parts from two different sources, I feel somehow as though I saved him and made him whole. :)

19. I love them all, but the one I interact with the most is my Volks SD13 Kira. She is also my oldest SD sized doll (think I got her in 2005?), and she is definitely the most spoiled in terms of clothing and accessories. I primarily have and like boy dolls, so I think it's kind of weird that she's my fave. However, my grail doll is coming in the mail next month, an Isao Nanjou that I have wanted for many years. I suspect that maybe the order of favorites will change when he arrives. He is going to be her companion (maybe boyfriend?), so hopefully no major jealousy will occur:).

20. Yes, my big old volks girl has quickly and easily become my favorite, even surpassing my first doll. For the longest time, I just wasn't particular enchanted by anything, sure, I had dolls I liked and disliked, but when she arrived and was assembled, she ran away with my heart.