1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a favorite among your dolls?

Nov 3, 2015

1. Although I'm just as sentimental regarding my SD13 Megu as she was my first doll, my favorite would undoubtedly be my Tesiya Dollshe SA Bermann Valentino. Dolls have always been just dolls to me -- I have trouble even naming them -- but Bermann somehow had more emotional weight. Perhaps part of it was the element of theater, as he arrived in a huge wooden coffin of a box and was styled with such drama and romance. It sounds odd to say, but the way he slouched really touched me as it seemed so human. And yet his nearly sleeping face seemed a poignant reminder of his inanimate existence, as I truly would have no hope of ever waking him.

2. This is a really hard question! The doll that I'm emotionally attached to is my Delf Lishe, Elise. But the doll that I would probably carry around with me every single day is my minifee Chloe, Keira.
      If I did have to pick a favorite, it would be my first doll: Souldoll Kid Tiffee girl, Cerise. 11 years strong, she is my first doll and my favorite.

3. all 3 of my dolls are my favorites. they all have special attention and love from me.

4. I'd love to pretend I don't play favorites but that's just not true. My Dream of Doll Ean, Anna, is my absolute favorite. She gets to try on all the outfits first. I totally splurge on things for her - wigs, eyes, new clothes and shoes. I spend the most time handling her. If I had to grab only one of my dolls in an emergency situation, I'd grab Anna! :)

5. I do adore all of my dolls, otherwise, why would I have them? :XD:
      My absolute favorite, who I can never part with, is my doll chateau lilly. The character she is the shell for simply means the world to me!

6. Kian, my Migidoll Ell. He was/is my grail and is the main character in my doll story. I had to sell my entire collection, but he was the only one that stayed. I don't think I could ever sell him.

7. I only have two dolls right now, so that probably makes the choice a bit easier, but I definitely have a favourite; Alice! Her body just moves so smoothly and all of her joints work so nicely, she's VERY pretty and her resin feels so smooth and heavy.

8. I'm pretty sure my Pukifee Tika is my favorite. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him and I've definitely put the most work into his backstory and character development. But I also really love my Realfee Mari, despite not even having her own name yet I can't help, but fall in love with her every time I see her.

9. I thought about this for a good long time, and I honestly can't choose. My dolls are representations of my characters, and if I love a character enough that I'd shell it as a doll, then I'm automatically super attached to it... Right now it's a tie between Ilya and Aelic though, and I don't think I can choose just one. Aelic was the first doll I ever got that I really loved, and I was soooo happy to have him...and now he's my favorite to shop for and he's just sooooo cute. Ilya is my project child though, and watching his character come together has been really amazing. Plus DZ Carter is bascially my favorite sculpt of any company ever. :D

10. My favourite is Tyler, my Iplehouse nYID Oscar. Close second is Aubrey, IMPL Idol Tony.

All my dolls have their own unique characteristics though, and each has qualities that might make me prefer one over the other for different reasons. For instance, like every Iplehouse doll ever, Tyler is terrible at posing, which is super annoying to me because I like dolls that can pose naturally, but he's important to me for reasons other than his ability to pose.

11. My Dollzone Mo is favored more with me because He was The first doll I purchased brand new, where the others before him were pre-owned. It's not like I neglect the others in any way I just do more for Mo first.

12. Well, I suppose everyone does to some extent. I love my Iplehouse dolls , but amongst them Lahela and Kamau are perhaps my favorites, Carina was my grail, I pined for her for over two years, and I adore her, but Lahela with her golden brown real skin, just looks so exotic, so striking in costume. She likes brilliant colors, batik, African prints, and beach wear. She is just so outrageously gorgeous!

13. My DiM dreamy Larina. I bought the head as an impulse buy and shoved it on a spare body I just happened to have lying around. He ended up straying from his original concept but I love him so much.
      Though, I feel a lot may have to do with him being the first doll that 'stuck' with me, as well as the first to be just about 'complete'

14. My first doll (Corby - a Ringdoll Wagashi) is totally the favorite. I actually feel guilty when I spend time with any of my others over her.

15. Leila, my Oasisdoll Natalie, is definitely my favorite. Natalie was actually my grail doll for years because she was discontinued, but I found her head on the DOA Marketplace a few years ago. For most of my time in the hobby, I’ve only had one SD girl, so I have a ton of stuff for her and I spoil her rotten. I almost always get her something when I’m buying for the other two dolls.

16. My newest dolls are Dollstown Estella(Harlie) and a Glorydoll Lucy. They are getting most of my attention because I am still getting to know them but I love all of my current bjd family...My DIM Bellosse is my oldest here and she is a favorite. But it is a little like your children, you love them all for different reasons. My favorite changes from hour to hour practically. Whoever is getting new clothes/ wig or whatever and looks amazing is the favorite right then for me in that moment.

17. I try to give equal attention to my dolls… Nevertheless I have a favorite – Migidoll Ell. If I notice a nice item or accessory, chances are it will go to him)) I think I love him the most because he has appeared to be the handsomest and the most realistic among my BJDs.

18. My MYOU girl definitely wins over my souldoll girl. She's just so easy to deal with! Compared to my sulky souldoll girl, who can stand beautifully but needs a lot of work when it comes to sewing patterns or complicated posing? No contest.

19. Is a doll that's not here yet viable? If so, then the Dollshe Saint head I've recently paid off.

If not, then I would probably have to say it's either a makeup-free, bodiless Akagidoll Ban head or a makeup-free, bodiless Impldoll Martin head. They are such gorgeous heads, especially the Impldoll head. The detail on his lips is amazing!

I'm just trying to wait for a few more supplies, and maybe the Dollshe Saint head, to come in before I paint them. So, we'll see how they turn out and who becomes the favourite after they've been worked on.

20. I say I don't have a favorite but I do sort of. Stella IS the one who gets the most attention, hands-down.