1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a favorite BJD size?

Aug 27, 2021

1. I have 15cm dolls and 72cm dolls and everything in between, but the perfect size I've settled on is somewhere between 30-40cm. And specifically the chubby or big-headed dolls in that size range. I feel like they have the presence of a large doll (due to their big heads) with the weight of a mini and the display footprint of a tiny. Which is like the best of all worlds for me!

2. I really like msd because they're easy to play with and make clothes/accessories for, though I'm becoming more and more fond of mature 1/6 since they are so easy to carry around, and clothes can be bought more easily for them.
      I just wish there were more options when it comes to mature sculpts in msd, but then again perhaps it's good for my bank account that this size is often a little on the child-like side orz

3. I prefer 1/3 size! I own nearly only SD dolls. I like when they are 58-65cm, but I have some smaller SD and some larger too.

4. polar opposites for me. i absolutely enjoy my 68-72 cm boys but at the same time, i like carrying a 12cm doll in my pocket XD

5. I only have 1/4 scale dolls, but since I've gotten those dolls smaller playline dolls feel way to small for me, so I do enjoy the scale of 1/4 dolls.

I'm not sure about 1/3 scale, though. The very idea of that size seems daunting to me, but I think I wouldn't mind something between 50-58 cms. Perhaps I'll get a smaller 1/3 one day; afterall, the worst that could happen is I don't like it and I can just sell it.

6. YOSD seems to be the best for me, but I'm interested in getting a mature 1/6 and a big baby to find out if it's more about the height or the chunkier body.

7. I may be in the minority here but honestly, I do not have a preference at all. I adore my 60cm Resinsoul Mi and I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of my 70cm Dollshe Bermann, but I also love my MSDs and I'm saving up for a Littlefee and Cocoriang tiny at the moment. I like having a range of sizes in my collection.

8. SD sized are my weakness. I started this hobby knowing this and have since gotten an MSD and a YOSD but always find myself drawn to the bigger dolls :XD:

Not going to lie though, they're a pain to carry around but also they're perfect to just sit with and cuddle compared to the smaller sizes. I like the idea though of the more mature MSDs being portable and cheaper but I think the challenging thing at the moment is hoping that the heads of SD dolls I like would make it to MSD size eventually :'3 For example, I love Iplehouse's Y.I.D. Olivia but if I had the option of having her be MSD sized without sacrificing the body, then that'd be great :)

9. Hmmm I think SD's (60's) and my MSD's are the ones of mine i use the most :) I have larger dolls on the way, which i'm looking alot forward to!

10. MSD and YoSD! I can't really decided between the two. I love the small size and cute faces of YOs, but for MSDs I just find are easier to customize and buy furniture and clothes for, I think. Mainly because they're closer to the height of American Girl dolls, so furniture from other doll brands work pretty well for them.

11. MSD for sure! I have one SD but he's huge and heavy. Tiny dolls make me worry about how to restring them when the time comes.

12. Over the years I have had a variety of sizes (Yo-SD, MSD, SD) but I prefer MSD and SD. More MSD than SD to be honest. Since I am just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus I think MSD is where my collection is going to be at but I may get a wild hair and add a SD or two of my grail dolls to my collection.

13. I love big dolls... I started with the 70cm size and never looked back. Anything around 68-80cm is perfect. I've had some in the 45-60 range too but never really bonded with any besides my DC Agatha... I'm trying hard to enjoy my ~30cm LW Chloe, I love her proportions but I'm not sure I'll connect with such a small size (by my standards, anyway) :sweat

14. I only have MSDs. I've been thinking about getting a 1/3 but I'm not sure about the size, weight and everything. I'm also afraid about not being able to photograph them together...
      I guess only time will tell

15. I got my 1/3 boy, and I have the feeling I will never be able to look back now. I was once horrified by the idea of such a large doll, but now I find that he's just absolutely perfect. A smaller doll would get lost in my collection of Monster High and Living Dead Dolls, but he stands out just so beautifully.

16. I prefer 1/3 ones personally. I have already purchased too many outfits and wigs etc that if they are all the same size, it is easier.
      But would also consider other sizes if there are interesting sculpts.

17. I have dolls in all kinds of different sizes and like all of them for different reasons. I guess if I had to choose it would be 1/12 scale like Lil’ Fairies and Obitsu 11, but I am also really enjoying my 1/3 Azone (who is 48cm so more like 1/4 size).

18. 70cm. I like them big because I can't sew small but 1/3 and 70cm are still small enough I don't need to buy too many yards of expensive fabric.

19. I enjoy 1/3 scale, maxing out at 60cm or so. 1/4 is a nice size and I enjoy my MSD girl very much and will enjoy when I get my next in a similar size. However, I do find myself loving my bigger dolls more. They are heavy but I like their heaviness, they feel sturdy to me even while still being rather delicate.

20. I really love 1/6 child dolls, especially the smaller end, around 26cm.
      I have quite a few Littlefee, and a Volks Yosd and two Rosen Lied Tuesday's Children, it's just such a lovely size to play with.
      I don't have any bigger dolls because I don't have the space for them, but I think they might feel a bit cumbersome for me anyway? I'm not really sure, and I have one (slightly) smaller doll, a Luts tiny20, and I just don't feel as happy with her as I do my 1/6 girls.