1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have (a lot) more heads and eyes than dolls?

Feb 28, 2018

1. I have alot of eyes and wigs mostly because I needed to find the PERFECT fit for my dolls. As for floating heads, I can't stand leaving the heads around with no body so I'll try to get the body together or find a matching body ASAP

2. I used to have a whole box of floating heads, but as of very recently I finally got bodies for them all! I also used to have two who shared a body... that didn't last. I couldn't stand not being able to have them together, since they're twins. I do have one doll who has another form (werewolf) so once I get around to replacing it, he'll have an alternate head.

As for eyes, yeah, I have a whole ton of eyes. I just love them! And some of mine switch eyes out depending on my moods, so it's fine. I try to sell things I no longer use or need, but I feel like I have the hardest time doing that with eyes.

3. I have many many eyes, but only one head per doll. I also have restrictions on eye color.

I suppose it is because I have such a clear idea of what my dolls characters look like, and because they are so real in my head, that changing their face feels like changing a irreplaceable part of them. Which is why each of my dolls have multiple eyes, but only in a certain color. So the character with green iris's has several different green colored eyes, but they all have to be a similar shade of green.

Now I've typed this I guess I'm kind of being ocd... :(

4. I have two dolls, two floating heads and five eyes, six if you count the beads I am using for one. It's just so easy to collect eyes, even though I never even get defaults. I meant to only get one pair per doll, but then I got some extras, and then I realized that some were slightly damaged... One of my floating heads will finally be getting a body soon though. She will probably be replaced by another one, just like my boy before her. That's how it usually goes here. :| I know what bodies I want for them. It's just the saving up that takes a while.

5. Back when I liked glass eyes best, I bought the $10 ones like candy. So many eyes...

Slower eye purchases now that urethane eyes stole my heart since it's usually at least $25.

I try to avoid floating heads. Partly because I am weak and end up buying more bodies. I have like one bust stand to stave that off, lol.

6. "Normal" will vary from person to person. For me, I have a floating head box. They do not share a body with any of the others, but I will be getting them their own bodies at some point. I have occasionally taken one or two of them to switch bodies for quick photos, but generally, the floating heads are just there waiting for their body to arrive so I can finish them.

I have 33 pairs of unused eyes, and I think it's normal. They're easy to count because they're in a box with separate compartments for each pair. A lot of times I buy cheap acrylic ones to use until I find the perfect eyes, so most of my 'spares' are just those in different sizes, though there's a few glass in there too.

7. I have a TON of eyes, and my first doll hasn't even arrived yet. :'D I just know that just the eyes can change a lot about how the doll looks, so I want to have choices. Not to mention, they're all just so darn cool.

As for heads... I don't have any yet, but I can definitely see myself buying a ton of floaters in the future. It's easier to justify spending ~$75 on a head that I really like than on the full $250 + doll, y'know? (I know, that probably sounds really cheap OTL) I figure if worst comes to worst I can always just... share the body between the heads? XD

8. I don’t have floating heads, but I have a box full of eyes :XD:

9. C'mon, didn't you guys learn this in BJD Biology 101? Doll eyes have a very high reproductive rate and a short gestation period. They multiply three to four times faster than the floating head! It's really no wonder we usually end up with a large eye population.

10. I sold my doll but kept all the eyes and wigs... so right now I definitely have more eyes than heads!

11. As I just mentioned in another thread, I have a horde of spare eyes...

Floating heads? There are a few in my "spare resin" box, but none of them are ever likely to get bodies. They're secondary heads from multi-headed full-sets (My Tied Chalco and Lordstar Heliot's, for instance, or the sleeping heads from my MiniFee Elf Shiwoo and Elf Shushu-), or variations on sculpts that I collect and picked up just for completeness' sake (The MiniFee and LittleFee Breakaways are in that category-), or just sculpts that I found interesting for one reason or another (Like the Fairyland Halloween head with the engraved sugar-skull patterns-) and bought as curiosities. There are maybe nine or ten Floating Heads, all together.

The real odd-balls over here are my headless bodies. Due to resin-matching issues in two cases and having a character doll who gender-switches regularly in another, I actually have three Spare Bods at the moment.... A grey resin Soom SG and an April Story mature gal that I have no clue what I'm going to eventually do with (Those were the ones with color-matching issues), and Brooke's Volks SD13 girl "alternate" bod that I use when I decide that my werewolf just isn't in a dude mood.

#31 Brightfires, Jun 18, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    12. I have several extra eyes floating around, but I only recently got my first floating head.