1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a "perfect" doll?

Dec 3, 2005

1. hey, we should have a Cecile the Scarface fanclub! XD *sees so many people around saving for one* yay :D

though I'll be changing my Cecile's face-up, he is exactly what I'm looking for..and so is Chiwoo ^^ he was perfect even without a face-up, and now he's getting more perfect every day..just like I imagined he'd be ^^

2. Perfect doll?
      Hmm.
      No.
      But that's because I don't believe in Perfection. It can Always BE Better, so it's an endless pursue. And it can be better in so many ways, I gave up on perfection long ago xD

3. Actually, I have two......
      My Ariadne, a Western Madoka--I adore her heavy, pinky blushing and her lips, the only thing I will ever change on her are her eyes, and they are now Volks HG pale purple, which are "perfect-for-the-moment", and

My Katra, a AngelRegion GloryAngel Dana--her faceup and purple eyes are breathtaking in person.

:)
      Michelle

4. I had a default whiteskin shiwoo for a bit who came out of the box beautiful. The combination of his faceup, eyes and wig just immediately sent me to my knees. He was BREATHTAKING. ^_^;;; But since he was perfect without my intervention, I didn't bond well with him, so he had to go to a new home. I sometimes wish I kept him, though, he was beautiful.

5. I don't think perfection exist in this world yet as Firexie said, but the most perfect doll I have is my precious Sariel. ^^

I love all my dolls but Sariel is the one that made me go WOW the first time I saw him, the one I know I couldn't part with. I loved him before his new face up but now that he was repainted exactly as I wanted him, I think he is just fine. It could be better surely but it is fine for ME. And that is what matter.

I didn't touch Kiyoshi though, except for wigs and eyes and the same happened for Nadenka.

I discovered that I was unable to modify a limited edition doll. I bought my Glory Angel Nadenka because she caught my attention as a whole. I will try to change her eyes and wig but that's all, I can't imagine changing her face up. Same for Kiyoshi but she was painted by Araki so... ^^;;

6. Shizune, my Madoka, was pefect from the second I openned her box. All my other dolls have needed a lot of painting/repainting to get them how I want them (and of course, now I think they're perfect too. me=biased) but the moment I first saw her, I never wanted to change a single thing. Even her default eyes, hair and clothes were perfect. I haven't been able to put her down for two seconds since I got her.

7. My "perfect" doll? My Amon. A Tanning Ren. There was not one thing I wanted to change about him when he came out of the box. The only thing was a wig change then that was it. I love him just the way he is. XD

8. My Ryou (El). I asked Luts to give him darker brows and lashes and his faceup came out perfect. He even came with exactly the right color eyes that I'd been searching for everywhere and thought I'd never find. The pictures on the site were quite a bit lighter than their true color so I didn't know they were right under my nose the whole time.

9. I saw a girl for sale here a few months ago, I'm still kicking myself for not going on Ramen for a few months and buying her ^^;;

She was a modded Sleeping Soony, with very low, asian eyes and upturned brows so she looked beautifully anxious. Green eyes, pale skin, omgosih love <3

Wish I had saved the pictures, now.

10. Mikael. He is perfect the way he is... of course changed the wig but... perfect.

11. Yes, Shige. He's absolutely perfect. I think the only thing I could possibly ask for is more clothes that suit his personality. :)

12. To me, my DoD Yen is perfect. His character was meant to be a bit melancholy and aloof, and I freaked out during the wait when all the Yens I was looking at were not melancholy and didn't have a personality like the one I'd envisioned. When he got here, I knew he was perfect. I may change the wig eventually, but even his eyes are perfect. I wanted them to be green, but his eyes are the most lovely shade of blue and suit him better than the ones I'd wanted. He is exactly as I wanted him to be.

13. I think my Ismy arrived perfect! Her face looks like a little fairy and her makeup colors are all delicate grays and pinks. I liked her makeup and even her wig. The only thing I changed was I put 12 mm Ethereal Angel eyes in her and she is so pretty. I usually like to change the makeup if there is anyway to improve.

14. My elf el Calais. His face up is a variation from the regular Elf El face up (they apparently didn't add the airbrush to his eyebrows, they are just done with a brush), and I was thrilled from the very second I saw him. I am never tired of looking at him ^^

15. I don't know if a doll could ever be perfect. I mean there must always be some line drawn to be satisfied right..

16. Soo Rii!!! Oh my God, that boy does not need alterations at all! Oh......the wait is killing me....

17. CP Chiwoo is my perfect doll, which is why I am kind of dying in anticipation of my boy getting here. I hope I love him just as much in real life~~

18. My beloved Hyobei! :3
      He's just... perfect the way he is.

19. *****n/a*****

20. My SDC Kaede, Pippa, was perfect for me from the minute she arrived. Her faceup, eyes and wig were exactly as I envisioned, and her stringing needed no tweaking whatsoever.

Same with my Tsukasa, Athos. When I saw Volks' original faceup, I fell in love with Tsukasa, and while it took me ages to get a Tsukasa of my own, I knew I wanted one with a default faceup, and I'm 100% glad I held out for one. My heart stopped when I opened his box and laid eyes on him, because for me he was absolutely, positively perfect.

Lia