1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a "perfect" doll?

Dec 3, 2005

1. Not yet,the perfect doll always be the next one

2. Yes I think so. My Kaname is exactly what I wanted him to be. I had envisioned what wig, style, eyes and character I will want for my first genji and Kaname turns out exactly what I dreamt of. :)

3. All of mine are 'perfect'. It's nice to have a project to work on though, even though it drives me crazy when they aren't 'finished'... :|

4. Haha, I use to think that I'll get a perfect flawless doll and that one doll will be just enough for me. Not anymore. I think that now I can have several dolls and all will be perfect to me:). I always plan things out. Even if I like a default face up, there are bound to be changes I have to make for things I am particular about like eyelashes. For me planning is important, finding out who you want this doll to portray, the same as trying out wigs and eyes till I find the perfect combo. I also spend tome finding the perfect name.

5. Nah, my dolls are far from being perfect in any way. But it's okay.
      I guess that's because my dolls have no "default" look, just a few guidelines - AKI is a redhead, HIRO has brown eyes, Natsu and TAE are mostly blonde; just small facts like that. My dolls wear whatever I sew for them, and I change their face-ups when I get bored with an old one (or I want to improve it, or something). They wear different wigs and eyes. They don't even have set styles of clothing.

Customization is what I love most about my dolls. That's why I can't imagine having a "full-set", perfect doll just for show - I'd get bored of it pretty quickly ;)

6. My damage Shushu minifee is Perfect!
      She had ear piecing mod and her hand was damage in way that taking off hand is so much more easy~ At first, I wanted to send her off to be fix but now, I think she's perfect for me!

7. Sometimes they are perfect, but then I think of another thing I could change or add and until then they're not perfect. ^^
      At the moment 7/10 are perfect. :3
      I work hard on the three, so they'll be as perfect as my other dolls. ^^

8. Just got my first BJD a few months ago.
      She is both perfect and not at the same time.
      I love her mold, her skin, her face up, her hands, feet and body.
      But she is strung a bit too tight (and I dare not restring her yet), and she is single jointed (I realised onlynafterwards the difference between double and single jointed dolls, and think I'd prefer double jointed.)

She is absolutely beautiful and I love her and would not trade her for anything.
      But is she absolutely perfect, without flaws? No. Can't she be improved? Of course.
      Right now she is the way she is. Maybe I'll restring her and get her another body. But not for a while.

9. None of my dolls has been perfect just out of the box, but they've gotten perfect with time.
      An example is Gerda. She has the perfect face-up, perfect body, perfect wig (almost), perfect clothes and I'm waiting for a pair of eyes I think will be perfect. She is definitely the doll closest to my inner character picture.

10. All of my dolls are customized by me, when they came from the company there was always something I didn't like so I changed it and then they became perfect^^ I have one boy in particular whom I consider to be perfect but not because of his default look, I changed him a lot in the beginning and now I'm content with him specially and all my dolls.^^

11. Migidoll ryu.... he is everything I love in a male doll, and his character is perfect. He was the first BJD I ever saw, the first I fell in love with, my second doll, and the 'ugly' dark green-brown eyes that came with my first doll somehow just WORKED in him and I've never changed his eyes out since. Everything I do for\with my ryu, he makes perfect. (Except when it comes to shoes, why is he such a bitch about shoes? They're just sneakers for god's sake!) I have always loved my ryu, I don't care if everyone seems to have one these days, he is my perfect doll and I love him.

12. Yeah, Ash, my Dollmore Huey Lewis. When I saw his promo pics, he was just what I wanted. I asked the company to give him silver eyebrows and requested a silver wig and eyes as my 'random' freebies, and got them. And he's perfect as is. I would never want his faceup redone. He's just as I want him, and perfect to me.

13. My Dollzone Elsa. I bought her totally nude, but there was some mix up at Dollxzones, and they sent her to me with a face-up. When i opened the box I just had to love her, the face-up was perfect and so much more beautiful then in the pictures. So I was very happy with that mix up, and I didn't need to get her a face-up.

14. I will have :) - Carina IH Perfect doll for me is very realistic and beautiful. EID women are perfect :)

15. For me 'perfect' is when a doll makes me slack-jawed every time I see it, it is so gorgeous, and so complete. I have that with three of my dolls, and I think it is a very difficult stage to reach. They need to have everything: good face-ups, wigs, eyes, backstory, their character needs to be developed and they need a wardrobe as well. I don't mind that it takes long-ish, I see it as developing the dolls in steps, with buying the actual doll as only a part of that. Perfecting the dolls I have will keep me busy for quite a while to come I think:).

16. Occasionally I seem to get it right which makes up for the times it is so more difficult and costly :(

17. Not straight out of the box, no. But after some work, a few of my dolls have been perfect for the character.

But strangely enough, my "perfect doll" isn't even mine, but my bff's! LOL

Ivory Stardust's BlueBlood Waltz, Spencer, is pure perfection. There is nothing that could make that doll imperfect. His resin, sculpt, wig, eyes, personality.....PERFECT!! I was terrified to do his faceup, feeling I wasn't worthy of it, but something was on my side that day, as his faceup turned out better than any I've ever done before! I might not be a pro, but I kind of impressed myself on that one. LOL

Ivory Stardust is well aware I feel this way. My obsession is to the point of being a regular joke. :P

Mr. Perfection Himself:
      [​IMG]

18. Nope.

Most of my dolls come to me blank and undressed, with no eyes or wig... I enjoy working on them.

19. No, but I feel like I'm getting there. It just takes time.

20. None of my dolls have been perfect out of the box. For me it takes years of customizing to achieve the look of my prexisting characters. Finally many of them have come into fruition so it is worth it! :)