1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a "perfect" doll?

Dec 3, 2005

1. I have two. One is mine, one isn't. The one who IS...

is my boy Quinn. I bought him second-hand, and I cried when I first saw him. SO perfect... I swear I heard angels singing. :D He's a DZ Shengxi head on v1 AoD body, NS-Y.
      [​IMG]

2. Has to be my minifee Chloe.. but my new Shushu is very close!

3. All of my dolls are perfect. Even if there is actually something that could be improved. Like my Hujoo, who can't move her wrists properly, and my Unoa, who's arms won't hold position, and my handmade girl, who is very fragile. They are all exactly how I like them, even if their face-up didn't turn out exactly like it should, or their wig won't stay in place, or they won't do as I tell them, or I can hardly find any clothes that will fit them. Even if their personalities turned out differntly than I originally planned. They're characters of their own, and that is what makes them perfect to me.

4. i do have a perfect doll, my Fairyland Littlefee, and it is kind of odd that she is my one perfect doll that I'm 100% satisfied with. Odd because I rarely give her any attention, have no desire for another BJD like her, and have no idea why I bought her in the first place. Yet she satisfies me completely, I nailed her faceup on the second try, found her the perfect wig right away and everything I buy for her to wear looks cute. She also gets along with all of my other dolls, and has a cute personality.....she's just perfect in every way, and it is so relaxing to have her because all of my other bjd's cause me angst since I'm never totally satisfied with them.

5. From the second I got Zarek, my RS Ming, I knew he was 'perfect' (And he knew it too). And, the longer I've owned him the more 'perfect' he's become. It could just be that he's my first doll, but everything about him is just absolutely beautiful to me and I love it.

6. My first doll! I LOVE June's (Resinsoul Mei) default faceup. It's so delicate and sweet. Suits her perfectly, and I have no desire to change it.

7. And just to add... the one who ISN'T mine...

belongs to my bff, CloakedSchemer. His name is Blake, he's a WS Ringdoll Shao. And made of beauty and perfection... It's a standing joke that "I'm NOT obsessed with Blake"... >.>
      [​IMG]

8. I would say that my Minifee Chloe is the perfect doll...to me. She's absolutely gorgeous and her sculpt is just perfect to me. She looks great in any outfit or wig I put her in. Not to mention I think she always looks fantastic with any faceup or eye I've ever seen of other people's. She's just wonderful!

9. Due to the prices, I actually only try to go for a doll that is perfect to what I want. In some cases, I may get a new wig or eyes...but I have to at the very least love the face-up. Now if only I could stop missing out on them :(

10. Oh, do I! My "perfect" doll is my second doll, an Infinitidoll Daniel named Yun. The way he became mine is quite the story.

I saw the Daniel sculpt on Infinitidoll's website when it was sold out and stared at the promo pics for days, thinking he would look perfect as one of my oldest characters, Ciel. I lost interest in staring, but shortly afterwards I found a blank Daniel head on the MP for a reasonable price, so I really kinda impulsively just picked him up. When I got him, somehow I decided he no longer fit Ciel, so he became Yun, another old character.

The strangest thing was that Ciel and Yun are complete opposites in personalities and I didn't even have a specific look in mind for Yun, and yet I made the switch so easily, within the first hour if I recall correctly! And I was satisfied to leave him bodiless in a box for about a year and a month before he finally got his body, during which I impulsively sent him to Ticuk when she was doing free faceups, just for a try at how he was supposed to look. She absolutely nailed it, although when Yun got his body he was duly sent for a new faceup from an artist whose work I loved a lot and is usually difficult to commission time-wise. He then returned to me so absolutely, perfectly Yun, I didn't even really think so deeply about it until I looked back and wondered exactly when the Daniel sculpt and Yun's character took to each other as if by fate. Even his body aethestic is bang on for his character, although not so much poseability, but I'm willing to overlook it considering how flawless he is for me in every other way!

He's my best case scenario ever, to the point where I can't even fathom him going to any other person without making a face. :aheartbea

[​IMG]
      With Ticuk's faceup.

[​IMG]
      With Allemarthe's faceup.

11. Well, I've gotten about 5 of my dolls "perfect" so far, and some are at 90%. I have a total of 9 dolls and 3 heads. I do my own face ups, so whenever I get a doll, they are blank so that I can work on them and make them perfect.

My DZ Shoyo named Ursa and DZ Chen named Val are complete along with my Obitsu Gretel named Melody. They have their face ups, wigs, accessories, and clothing as I want it. My Fairyland LTF Chiwoo elf girl Diuris and DZ Chinese Dragon Girl are also "perfect".

My Fairyland MNF Ryeon named Elyra threw me for a loop recently and adopted fox ears and a tail, so now I have to rework her outfits a bit. Meaning, I need to get her something new.

Now my Brownie Doll Nene named Mina came as a full set, so I haven't messed with her much other than give her teeny tiny kitty ears and a small tuft of fur as a tail to match Val. Her ears still need to be blushed, but all in due time.

Then my modded DZ Sheep Rose (who is now a unicorn) is only missing a dress that shows off her back. She took months to mod and paint, but I'm very happy with her now.

Mort, my DragonDoll Cheng, still needs a lot of body work. I started on the body blush and scarification process, but I have a long way to go. At least he has his face up, wig, and horns at this point. And he's got pants so he's not naked.

12. My most perfect doll...that could mean several things.

The doll that I managed to get the most Perfect is Misha 'Seth' who is a Volks Maki whom I customized with a gorgeous face up and vampire fangs. Trim his wig to how I'd like it, and an outfit that suited him.
      With all the work I consider him perfect, but 'unfinished'.
      He still needs his own body. ^^;;;

13. I've got not one but at least 5 perfect BJDs! 4 of them are off-topic here (3 by Bo Bergemann and 1 by Cristy Stone - they came perfect and I don't even feel like changing their eyes). My latest perfection is my Iplehouse doll Tania with a face-up by my friend SiliEl. Basically, what makes a doll perfect in my eyes is her very natural life-like face-up and her ability to pose well.

14. I've gotten 2 perfect BJDs:D. The first one I bought secondhand was my Dollmore Aidan boy Dame. He arrived dirty and needed cleaning, but he's absolutely perfect and I have no desire to change anything about him. My other perfect doll is an off-topic goodreau tiny girl. I love customizing my dolls to perfection, so it's really shocking when one arrives and I don't want to change a thing:aheartbea

15. I was actually terrified that my girl was going to have her face-up be too dark. I envisioned her with light hair and eyes. I chose blue eyes as they didn't have pink and planned to change that later. Then I chose light blonde hair because, well, they didn't have pink! I got her in the mail and when I took her out of the box... her face-up was absolutely PERFECT. I can't even describe it -- it just fits her so perfectly! Exactly what I'd dreamed it would be! When I put on her blonde wig... I didn't think I was going to like it, but she's absolutely perfect with it! I couldn't find her eyes, and was going to message the company, though we found them later. Instead of her light blue, my fiancee gave me her doll's old eyes (brown). I couldn't be more in love with her! Yes, she has eyes and hair waiting for her, but the way she is now... I have to keep her like this just a little bit longer. She's perfect.

(I do really want to put her in all pink though, just to see, haha.)

16. I think all of my dolls are adorable, but I am still searching for the prefect doll. Hopefully I will find it one day.

17. Oh, yeah, I've got one. His size, beautiful body and breathtaking face make him a perfection for me.
      [​IMG]

18. Yuri, my 3rd-hand Floy. He came with a faceup, eyes, and wig, which I wasn't planning on using at all...but it ended up just being so...him. I can barely imagine him any other way and haven't done anything to him at all. Hell, I was planning on sanding his ears down and everything, but...nope. He pretty much ties with Max for my favorite as-is. His faceup is pretty aged (a bit chipped and such) so I'm actually planning to eventually get him another one...that's near exactly the same as the one he already has. *_* Hell, I don't even care about his yellowing. Even his yellowing is perfect. What is this madness?

19. Yes, my white skin PKF Luna, I would never chance anything about her face-up or sculpt at all :)

20. My dolls are not perfect, they are all stugeling with something in their personality, like me. Some of they have marks. My favorite ones is the Annabeth head from dim on an asleep eidelon body and the 72 cm tall man who comes to christmas: A Chester from Doll Chateau.