1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a "perfect" doll?

Dec 3, 2005

1. I think both of mine are perfect. I bought my Littlefee a more piecey fur wig and lighter purple eyes and it is just perfect for him.

I got a new wig and eyes for my ws Aru and those fit him perfectly too. It's a grey/white fur wig and he has grey eyes. Still debating the eye color since he also looks really good with red eyes.. Still waiting on his new outfit so I guess time will tell. But either way, I wouldn't change either of them for the world.

2. Hmmm... that's tough for me as I always order my dolls bald and blank when I have a choice in the matter. I think... maybe Ce'Nedra was the most perfect right out of the box. She came with the right eyes, and a face-up that I actually liked, which is pretty rare. All I had to do was get her the wig (which was more than enough work. Where are all the MSD sized carrot coloured mohair wigs for under $30 these days?)

I don't really feel like a doll is mine until I've done it's face-up normally though, so I always order mine bald and blank unless the sculpt is only available as a fullset. So long as they're in one piece and not damaged they're always perfect!

3. Oh, yes, absolutely. My second Bambicrony Emily, Lorina, is just perfect. I love everything about her. And my third Emily, Mariana, has a nearly identical look. She just has a sleeping head. I'd love for a fourth tan Emily one day, but that might be pushing it! XD

[​IMG]

4. I think my doll is almost perfect. I'd love to fix his wig and style it better as well as get him some fancier clothes but the doll itself is so beautiful from the sculpt to the default face up, I just can't see myself changing a thing there. I have no regrets.

5. yep, my luts mia....i think she's perfect, if there is any doll i want to pick up its always isabella, she so pretty from every angle, her eyes, body, movement are perfect and how well every wig seems to match her features and complexion so well, i loves her :D

6. I have had a couple of "perfect" dolls, but most were dolls I either purchased as an OOAK so were customized to my specifications or in the one case, a doll I bought on the secondary market that was already customized. It just so happens that the person I bought her from had the same vision as me, so I had no desire to change anything on her. My Agathe from Linda Macario/Jpops is pretty close to being perfect though when she arrived with a factory faceup.

7. For me... It turned out to be a realpuki soso. I've been searching for a perfect traveling companion. I have a Pukifee and a xagadoll Anthony, and while both are small, they don't travel as easily in my messenger bag.

Normally I drive a lot for work and sometimes I can stop at interesting places on my way. Twiggy (aka soso) fits in a hard shell eyeglass case and now will go with me.

She is so compact, her face is perfect, she can pose so well, and she looks good in knit clothes. This doll is perfect in ever way for what I want. I couldn't be happier.

8. I have quite a few of them... the majority of the time, the existing faceup/aesthetics are just what I would have imagined for them, so when I take them out of the box, they're already close to being the character I wanted.

My OOAK Satoko Ohno repainted SchoolHead A, Kaiya, is just the most divine thing, and I wouldn't change a single grain of his faceup or even the eyes she chose for him. He often even wears the wig she sent with him, too. He's a jewel just as he is.

Iplehouse plucks characters right out of my head all the time, and paints them in the perfect colors; my tan Lion, Luo Strongman, Tedros Tokyo Story, and Claude all appeared exactly as I'd imagined them, so I knew they were mine long before I even purchased them. Volks often does the same thing, with guys like Yukinojo and Masamune and all of the Shiros. All I change is the eyes and the hair.

My favorite perfect-doll story was a kind of hopeful accident... When I ordered my Soom Namu "Voice of Angels" edition, I asked Soom if they'd do some special tweaks to his faceup for me, combining the colors/elements of two different Namu faceups. I didn't know what interpretation to expect, but hoped for the best; and when he arrived, he was so exactly perfectly what I wanted that I was speechless for a week. xD Then I wrote Soom an extra-passionate thank-you note for their painters Getting It so perfectly.

9. yes, while I was waiting for when I'd finally be able to order my first doll I thought about what eyes I'd like to change her defaults to, the way I wanted her custom face-up to be painted
      but when she arrived I didn't want to change anything anymore, she was much more perfect default from VOLKS than I had imagined throughout the years

10. I was so lucky to find my 'perfect' doll on ebay for just over £100 - Erica in my avatar (B&G Sandra). She has no ears, as her owner had modded her into a 'cat woman' and sanded them off - but since I wanted long hair for her, I've never really noticed she has no ears LOL - Her default faceup is gorgeous I think, and she came with a choice of eyes, and with the pink wig I love the bright blue ones she has in. Every time I look at her I can't believe I've got my perfect doll - I love her! :D

11. Most of the time, I want a different face-up for my dolls, so they stand out from all the others and match their character best. Not to mention that I buy mostly parts and no matter how much I love my Williams-head... 'perfect' it ain't without a body ;). But when I got my IH Kamau, the only thing I changed, were his eyes! His face-up is just perfect and I couldn't imagine him with a different one.