1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a really long wish-list?

Nov 17, 2010

1. I don't know if it's this snowpocalypse that's giving me cabin fever and a shiny outlook on getting new dolls, but my wishlist has exploded in the past couple of days. I used to have a nice little list with the 4 or 5 dolls I was seriously thinking about, but now that I've had a lot of time to think about what dolls I'd like to have, I now have 15 dolls on my wishlist, and I will probably go add one or two more to it after posting this.

It's not 40 dolls, but dang, it's alot for me.

2. My wishlist is always changing. Currently I have 19 dolls on my wishlist. ;)

3. i have a core wishlist which is now down to 2 dolls, Deih a B&G Freya boy, and Xeren a Souldoll Chiron human. beyond that i have a much larger wishlist of about 20 or so dolls.

4. I probably have 20 or more on mine, but it changes a lot. The ones that stay on the list without changing are probably the ones I will end up getting.

5. I had a HUGE wishlist for a while, but I trimmed it down to four. it used to be 28-50, but now it's just four. I don't regret it at all - it feels amazing!!!!

Seriously, this might not happen to all of you, but anyway: if there's a little voice in your head that says that doll isn't right for you, just get rid of it. Don't even look at it. If there's a little voice in your head that says meh, each time, get rid of it. Even better, if you don't remember it, get rid of it. Save yourself SO much time and money.

The fact is, if you don't play with them and they don't keep you interested, you'll get bored and then want to sell them off. And that costs shipping. If you don't mind and like having new dolls all the time, then sure. But I want to get dolls for life, so I make sure my wishlist stays small.

At one point, your wishlist stops growing, and then you start looking at clothes. That shows that you're contented with your doll family. Having fewer dolls is easier to manage anyway, and I feel like I value them more.

6. My list goes up and down. At one point I had about 3. Other times I have around 20.

7. Not anymore. I think I'm close to collection completeness. There is one character I am debating on bringing home and three dolls who need bodies. After that there may be one or two impulse tinies but for the most part I think I will be done buying larger dolls.

8. Um, well, yes and no. It's more of an idea of characters I really want to be dolls than the actual dolls. I try to match them up to the dolls I think suit them best and those are the ones that go on the top of my list. If I find another doll I like for them better, I'll trade it out. I'm rarely in love with the dolls until I actually get them... Then that character will never change dolls.

9. For SD and MSD no. I kept my wishlist purposely small and restrained.

BUT! My Yo-sd wishlist is infinite! I want a rainbow of dolls. Every hair color, every skin color (realistic ones), every personality. XD
      A school uniform and fancy dress for each one! So far only three dolls on my wish list but it's expanding as I find a doll that matches a 'look' I am going for. XD

10. The list of doll sculpts that I like looking at is very long. But the sculpts that I want to own? Four. I haven't decided on the exact sculpt for several of them (all are character concepts), so the actual number is about 6 sculpts. Dolls have come and gone from my want-to-buy wishlist, but these have stood the test of time. And when I finally get both the money and energy... if they're still on the list, they come home! If not, well, I guess I didn't want them so badly and won't waste energy missing them.

11. I totally admit that I don't actually need all the dolls on my massive wishlist- in fact, I've been trying to trim it recently, but I find that the best thing to do is just wait and see what comes up on the MP or happens to be affordable. It's amazing how quickly I decide I don't want a doll when I suddenly have the money for it but can't convince myself to push the 'buy' button! I think that's why I keep letting my wishlist expand, because it just helps me narrow down the amount of choices I have to look through when it comes time to buy!

12. I have less than 10 dolls in my wishlist.. and i divide them into 2 categories; the ones i will buy in the future, and the other is the ones i'm dreaming of but not sure if i was even going to buy them (2 of them pretty much sold out/discontinued and i won't hunt them in MP, they would cost a fortune i bet), since I'm into MSD and Tiny size right now.
      I like many dolls, but not many that i want to own myself.

13. As I just started with this "addiction" my wishlist is growing every week, I guess I will get many dolls this year, 2 are already ordered and soon I will order more, I have about 5-6 Dolls on my list for now, that I really want to purchase.

14. yes, i do. and i tend to keep adding and taking away. :/

15. I don't have too many dolls on my wishlist (right now there are three), and I base my wishlist off of plans I've made with my bff -- when we decide a certain pair of characters will be made into dolls, pick molds for them, and fit them into our "plan," they go on the wishlist. If they don't fit in the "plan," or if we don't have molds set for them, they don't go on.

Sometimes the list changes, as we decide whether we really want to doll this or that pair of characters, but for the most part it's been set for a while now, and doesn't seem like it'll change too much soon, which I'm happy with. :3 I think the only thing I want that isn't on the wishlist is a Puki. xD

16. yeah. if i were to get one a year, it would probably take me 25+. And it doesn't help that new dolls and companies keep popping up here and there that I like.

17. I have nine specific dolls on my wish list, with about three more spots open for tiny's that i haven't foudn the right dolls for.
      Half my wish list is already bought now! I just got four more dolls. ^__^

18. Well it all depends. There are a lot of dolls that I want however I only have a certain amount of them that I acutually plan on getting. So my actual wish-list in the character crew I have in mind for my house isn't nearly as long as my wishful wish list which is constantly growing.

19. I think I do - more than 10 dolls I guess... @_____@;

20. Not too many left now....

Fantasy Doll boy body for floating head - about to buy
      Doll Leaves boy body for another floating head
      Illusion Spirit Phoenix - on 6mth layaway, half paid off
      Blue Blood Silver
      Kizdoll Deey
      Asleep Eidolon Chocolate
      Souldoll Asen (to replace a girl I have now)

That's it for now... until more of my characters start having kids, then there will be other babies/tinies.