1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any damage on your dolls?

Sep 3, 2017

1. My RS Song when I was wiring him for the first time, had the wire dig itself into the inside of his knee joint. I felt so bad for him cause it did NOT look pretty. It's only on the inside of the piece though so even when he's in shorts you can't see it.

My MSD girl Kazumi though... Her body came used from a cat friendly home. Apparently the cat tried to eat her body when it still had it's original head on. She now has a mark of it on her leg. I think it's funny.

2. My dolls all have some yellowing. The only doll with damage is my Planetdoll Riz because a finger broke when she was shipped to me. I was very disappointed at first, but I superglued it back on and I can't even tell now. I'm pretty rough on my dolls because I like to play with them a lot, but I'm still scared to try any modding that might cause permanent damage.

3. my first doll i got, i stupidly decided to wipe my first attempt of a faceup with acetone ( a lot of it ).... and then my second and third and forth (you get the picture) now when i look inside her poor head you can see areas behind her eyes due to weaken resin. Fortunately, i have no plans to ever sell her and at least the damage is only internal :/

4. Some of my oldest ones have damaged face ups but I've never had damage to the resin thankfully

5. I thought I did, once, cause my boy took a facedive off a freaking table. Was just sitting there, stable as can be and then WHOOP, there he goes. Luckily, he was fine. My Yesha has a crack on his arm but I bought him second hand and he already had the crack. It's like really small and you don't even notice it unless you're really looking for it.

6. Due to photo shoots no. Due to an idiot husband yes
      -dim Marianne (June) nose is very slightly flat due to landing on her nose (this was my fault and you can’t really tell)
      -dollshe Bernard broken finger due to my husband knocking him off a shelf
      -ellfdoll twiggy broken headcap (resin hook that helps hold the faceplate on was broken off) due to my husband knocking her off a shelf
      -realpuki (his name is tinker) his resin wing mech the piece that holds the wing to the mech broke. So he has a wing he can’t use

7. This is something that worries me, too. I’m so afraid they’ll topple over and get a scratch on their face.

I love photos of dolls that are posed outside. I’m glad yours didn’t get any damage to the face.

#67 Pippagrace, Feb 13, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
    8. I was doing a photoshoot with my doll sitting down then i turned around to grab his hat from the table then suddenly he fell on the ground and he was wearing glasses that time so it left a small dent on his nose :(

9. Well lesse, my girl rynne, in a sense is completely damaged. Arms dont sit properly, due to bad casting, her feet wont lay flat, and getting her to stand is a lot of work. Her headcap is incredibly thin in some places, but that is all due to manufacturing mishaps from souldoll. I got her third hand and she came to me with a broken ankle cover (the little bit that goes over the string grip on her foot. But i personally have never damaged her.
      As for my oldest doll, haru, i got him in 2008, and in 2014, 6 years after i got him, i was the stupidest doll parent and stood him up, unattended, on top of my desk/bookshelf. I bumped into the desk and down he went. I went into shock. The incident rendered him a broken ring finger and utter devastation on my behalf. The first injury is the hardest, i can say that much. But after i got it fixed and when i moved, i put him more securely, along with my other dolls, sitting down in a deep set shelf above a nest of stuffed animals that i store in front of the shelf, for safe keeping away from human traffic. Other than that im super duper careful with my kiddos

10. Actually...Yes. It isn't done by me though. Two of my dolls got a broken finger during shipping from Germany to Thailand two month ago (I moved aboard). :( But I was so glad that the other 13 dolls arrived safety and the broken finger has already fixed. Shipping oversea is kinda risky after all.

11. I am super protective of mine! I have handling gloves and a handkerchief she sits on. That being said I just got black marks on the back of her legs I need to scrub off from trying to put her on the top of a bookshelf..

12. My doll has some very minor damage. Drew fell when I turned away and because I was outside on the pavement taking pictures his ear chipped. It's not noticeable unless you really look but basically the tip of his ear is just gone. He was completely fine otherwise but it really freaked me out. I couldn't find the chipped piece because it was so small but I don't really mind it, I just added it to his character.

13. My first bjd arrived to me damaged, she had a crack at the bottom of her leg but it was very small, so hard to notice and easy to cover it up. The box was all damaged from shipping and handling :( but i am thankful that it is only small and easy to cover up.

14. Many of my dolls have gotten knocked over or off a table at least once. So far the ony damage has been to one of my Soom fairies wings when it slid off my futon and one of the delicate points broke off. I have the peice, but havent glued it back on yet since the wings are awkward and I don't use them that much.

15. I'm usually extremely careful with my two dolls, but there were a few times they've been bumped or scratched during photo shoots and dressing them. My 1/3 SD does have a little chip on her right ankle which I think it's from re stringing her. She also has a little dent on her head cap from when I dropped it on the floor. Lastly, her head has a few little scratches and tiny dents, but her head was secondhand so I don't think they were all from me. She is still in really good condition and is so beautiful! She's a little more durable than I thought!

16. The usual broken/repaired fingers. One I just replaced the set of hands, the other I couldn't replace so I did repairs. I dropped my Soom Idrial down the stairs and broke one of her wings, but Soom replaced it for me when I contacted them. Then later of her her arms just fractured... So that is replaced too. Plus one of the spokes of the snowflake wings I got for her broke and had to be glued... She's had some bad luck!

17. My boy has a random little green squiggle on his head. No idea where it came from or how he ended up with it it just appeared one day. I have reconciled myself to it, I could probably try and get it off with a magic eraser but I haven't gotten around to it and don't want to ruin his face up.

18. -Broken finger due to doll falling over when I was taking pictures. Glued back on.
      -Chipped blushing and minor damage to a modded dragon, who fell off his rock and managed to miss the "just-in-case-you-faceplant"-pillow. :eek:
      -Wing of a wand broke off when it fell from my bed. Glued it back on.
      -A bit of chipped blushing from faceplanting and posing.
      -Chipped resin due to the resin being extremely thin (company's fault).
      -Newbie doesn't know how to properly use forceps and damages arm (sanded the damage away).
      -Wrist thingie from Fairyland littlefee broke off when I tried to gently remove the hand. Never happened to me before, with other fairyland dolls.
      -Cracked the wrist joint of someone elses doll when restringing too tight :shudder. I bought new string, repaired the wrist with glue and epoxy and threw in lots of extra goodies to make up. Luckily the owner was okay with it and the wrist too. I made sure of that. Felt terrible about it.
      -Stains from full set outfit, proved hard to remove entirely.
      -Stains from red undies and other clothes, managed to remove those a lot easier.
      -Glueing in magnets the wrong way and having to remove them, causing scratches. Noob mistake.
      -Trying to mod dolls. :sweat Don't worry, I learned my lesson.

This makes me look like a bad owner doesn't it? :frownyblush:
      I love my dollies and generally take good care of them. Even better care of other people's dolls. That one doll was an exception. :lol:

19. When I received my Switch Seolrok I opened him from the bubble wrap to find that the ring finger on his right hand broke.. And! I tried super gluing it back but, it's a little off center.

20. I have two boys in particular who like to fool me into thinking they can stand on their own and the start tipping over :|

I always have a mini heart attack when it happens. Luckily, they have proven their strength and durability by not breaking or cracking on me (yet), but my worst fear was realized when I noticed one of them had a chip in his faceup. :( (Breaking a finger?? Nah, man, I only care about the face!!) It's a tiny one, under his chin, so you forget it's there most of the time. But I'm really worried about it getting worse. The fear of it spreading is real! :eek: Man, his face is perfect the way it is. I don't want to have to do it over...

On the bright side, he now has a scar under his chin, just like me :whee: