1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any damage on your dolls?

Sep 3, 2017

1. I haven't damaged any of my dolls, but many of my dolls have damage on them. I buy a lot of my dolls secondhand, and I've gotten pretty damn good at scrounging around for damaged dolls being sold at significantly reduced prices. I figure I can always cover up a chip or scrape, especially if it's somewhere on the body. I actually just bought a Leekeworld art body that has some pretty extensive issues, and I'm actually excited to start working on restoring it.

Right now the worst I have are the DC body I have my DZ Carter on (chips galore around the joints) and my DC Carol (one of her feathers was chipped off when the first owner got it from the company), but I cover these things up to the point where I don't notice/care about them.

2. I had acrylic nails on for an event I went to and while dressing my doll I scratched her stomach. I recently just got around to sanding it off and you can't even tell there was anything wrong.

3. Nothing major, but one of my dolls has eyelashes that kind of came unglued when I was fiddling with her eyes! But that can easily be fixed! I've just been too lazy to get around it...

4. I have a tiny bump on one of my dolls from when I dropped one of my girlies because I was hopeful and wanted her to sit on my bed frame but she slid off as I sat down on the bed ;~;

5. I have some damage on one of my Minifees I bought secondhand. I haven't tried sanding yet, but that may help. I'm a bit tentative, as I don't want to do it too much.

I did actually get one of my girls dirty today! First marks ever - I was using biro and it transferred onto her. I'm sure I can get it off with magic eraser though.

6. I remember ages ago during an outside photoshoot some dust or sand particles got into knee and ankle joints of my doll and left them scratched. It was my first doll, so I panicked and ordered spare joints from the company to replace them.
      Now I'm much more seasoned owner and I would probably just sand them as the damage was quite minor.

Beside the typical tiny chips on certain face-ups, body-blushing or scratches in sealant that are hardly visible: I bought a body with a missing finger with a plan to get it replaced one day - almost a year later, the doll is still missing the aforementioned finger. Now I'm planning to make a steampunk-ish fake finger instead.
      I also received one of the bodies I bought second hand unstrung packed only in a bubblewrap envelope. Seeing the package probably cost me about 10 years of my life, but miraculously the only damage was a chip on the torso (inner chest part), which I could easily glue and support with a bit of hot glue layer put inside the cavity.

7. The first day I opened my MDD Liliru, she somehow managed to get a stain on her forehead. Luckily it's hidden well enough by a wig, but I'm kind of terrified now that I'm expecting my first resin BJD with a face-up.

8. One day, I ran into my room and the vibrations make my doll fell. He broke a finger. I nearly cried.

9. I don't think I've caused any damage myself, but one of my dolls has a broken finger, and another has broken toes. Both have been repaired, and you can barely tell (especially since the girl with the broken toes wears shoes all the time). They arrived like this from previous owners (but it was damage I knew about).

I did have a doll arrive broken from the company, my Clover Doll body had a deep gauge/crack in the neck, but the piece has been replaced.

10. My dolls do have a damage on their face-ups. The msc is rubbed away from their noses (shame on me) wich you can see only in special light.
      Further there is yellowing, but I don't want to hide my dolls in boxes just to keep them un-yellowed. I want them to look at and to have fun with them! I love my dolls, yellow or not :3nodding:

11. Just yesterday I dropped my Dark Elf Soo's headcap. That's the downside of old Delfs, either you attach the s hook to the headcap and then getting the head off is a pain or you tape the headcap on, and her tape came off.
      It seemed fine though, and it is covered by the wig anyway.

I also bought a Souldoll Osu head with an eyelash falling off. It's been years, and I'm starting to think I may just have to find someone else to fix it because I am terrified of ruining his extremely limited faceup in my attempt to glue it back in place. Simple fix, but the fact that it's a 15 in the world faceup from a very long time ago scares me greatly.

12. My SDgr has a little hole on his right hand near the joint from his previous owner but it's only the hand and it doesn't even bother me enough to go out of my way to buy him a new hand. Besides from that none of my dolls are damaged in any way! :XD:

13. Attempting faceup for the first time and I managed to stain the head (didn’t spray enough base layers) and dropped it so now there’s a chip in it, luckily it’s cobered by a wig

I always get worried about taking my dolls out in case they get damaged since I’m so clumsy but I’m so glad it’s a relatively normal thing and there’s so many creative ideas to cover it up :blush

14. No real damage, but a small stain on his torso from a previous tattoo. I went at it pretty hard with a magic eraser but it's just kind of on there now. It's small and light enough that I'm just going to say it's a birth mark and call it a day, haha.

My off topic Hujoos are a little worse off. My very first one has some stubborn staining on his face from my first faceup attempts that is really only noticeable under black light, and then it looks horrifying. He also has some super glue from a botched attempt to apply eyelashes that has some acrylic paint trapped under it. I also have a Hujoo Berry who has one of the little posts behind her eye snapped off. It happened the day I got her and that was disappointing. It doesn't really effect her much, though. Her eye used to pop out but extra putty fixed that.

15. Ahhhh yes I remember my Resinsoul Xun when she arrived I was so excited and I was trying to be careful but unfortunately when I removed the hand protector one of her fingers snapped off but I did managed to put it back on with super glue and u can tell a little if u look close but her finger is back on and now I'm so very careful with all my ladies when I remove them from there boxes ..I still get mad at myself when I think of the snapped off finger

16. So honestly I can think of a few off the top of my head but most of my dolls are much older, 5+ and 10+ years old, and almost all had other owners before me, and lastly I handle them a lot and sew for them and take them places sometimes... Some have unusual damages though they are I would say extremely minor, but if you are really handling your dolls frequently for a decade and more I just think there are some very minor damages that are inevitable. And many of them are more inevitable depending on how the company makes and strings their dolls too.
      After a decade I don't think twice about:
      Tiny scratches I can barely see, random dirt marks that will come off with magic eraser, minor uneven yellowing that you don't notice normally, the occasional joint ding or s-hook gouge that doesn't show, minor old paint inside lips or inner heads, pinprick stains on vinyl, faint wig stains.
      I have a random doll here or there with anything else. Currently not a single broken finger around here! But one doll has a tooth mark from my cat becoming too curious, marina has always had a weird gouge on one boob that I always forget about, one doll has weird carving mods on some joints that never show, another doll has some scratches from my reversing some early mods years ago, and one of my dolls has two hastily removed nipples from the time she felt very tired standing on concrete.
      I'm not a collector in the sense of mint in box stuff, never have been, never will be. But I take care to prevent accidents and unnecessary damage while still getting to handle them constantly and it works for me.

17. I took my new Ajeong out to show some friends and on his return noticed he had a small scratch on his chin. No idea how that happened. I'm treating it as if he has a little scar on his chin (like Harrison Ford ....but smaller!)

Also notice that the pedicure is slightly damaged on his hands ... again no idea how!

Had thought that professional make up would be a bit stronger. We were all extremely careful with him.

My Hwayeon is however perfect and I'm more in love with him than ever. So much so that I wasn't even tempted by the recent Waeson sale. (Well I did want him in tan anyway!)

18. Most of them are fine. I have one that I dropped before I even got him out of the box. The paint on his lip chipped, but it was easy to work that little 'scar' into his story so I didn't mind. As for meet ups, this isn't about damage to my doll, but damage my doll caused. My friend and I went to a meet up and her 1/6 was standing next to my sitting 1/3. When I picked up mine, his leg kicked out and smacked hers in the back of the head. Her doll went done and has a very small cut on her nose now. Thankfully, the damage is so small you wouldn't see it unless you already knew it was there and my friend wasn't angry at me. We mostly joke that since my doll's character is an outright villain, it makes sense he would be a jerk and kick someone. I'm very grateful my friend wasn't upset.

#118 maykoh, Oct 13, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    19. i personally never damaged any of my dolls but i DID have an abusive ex that puposefully knocked my mnf mir off the shelf resulting in a huge chip and crack on his knee joint...im sure i could repair it with apoxie but hes a tan doll so itd be hard to match. Fairyland doesnt sell moe line boys anymore eith so its not like i can replace his body so instead he stays in a cabinet with a glass dorr and i very rarely take him out which makes me sad but i dont want him to get damaged anymore QAQ

20. Hmmm none of my dolls have any chips or breaks or anything like that, but they all have various deep staining on their heads from their wigs. All of them are from back in like early '00 era where most wigs were held on with some velcro and otherwise sat directly on the resin - any dark wig would pretty much immediately end up staining your doll. These days wig caps are much more common and easy to get, so I'll be using those from now on! Still, it's not like the staining really bothers me since it is, naturally, covered up by the wig!

I haven't done too much with my dolls that might cause them to have accidental damage, but I'm sure at some point I absolutely will drop or knock over a doll. I'm terrified I'm gonna do that and a nose or finger is gonna snap off or something :sweat
      I'm a very clumsy person so it feels like just a matter of time lol.