1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. My room mate is my biggest doll friend. Our dolls sort of sit together and have stories together which is amazing.

2. I introduced my friend to it and recently found out another friend really wants one too ^^ I used to think I was the only one of my friends who love them.

3. Yes! :) My best girlfriend, her husband, and now my husband are all doll friends and owners. I love it! XD

4. I had a bunch when I 1st started, but now all the doll people that I know are 3 hours away.

5. I don't know anyone who has bjds. That's why I discovered them so late - I didn't even know what they were called. Now, I'm going to my first local doll meeting next weekend, so maybe after that, I'll have friends who own dolls ;).

6. I had no doll friends before DOA, but since joining I have made many, from California to Japan. It is so fun meeting these people in person finally! Every single individual that I made friends with on DOA was even better in real life. I love this site!!

7. I have one close IRL friend that I got into Pullips and we have so much fun together ^___^ Unfortunately, no BJD friends. -siiigh- But I hope to meet some through DoA :)

8. Oh, yeah! They are the reason that I'm into the BJD world.

9. I have two friends that I knew before but are now into BJDs, one of my friends knows a bunch of people just because of the hobby.

10. My doll friends are my best friends! They're my bros. Even though we're all girls. DOESN'T STOP US FROM BRO-FISTING ALL THE TIME. ^ - ^

11. I do! But I happily converted them. I was the president of my high-schools Japanese and Asian culture club when I was a senior, and I taught a lesson on BJD's. At least five members bought BJD's after that.

12. I've met some of my best friends through dolls! And i've gotten some of my best friends into dolls. XD

I miss going to meet ups. it's so fun to spend time with other doll people!

13. In person? Just my sister. She bought her one and only BJD from me. :)

14. In fact , I have a lot, it's funny to see some friends who were fanzine friends or University or from same city , who finally got BJD too.
      In fact, it's just crazy, XD
      And worst, my mother is in too, ^_________^

15. I had french friends ^_^ ! Real friends now since more 2 years ! I seen them at Disneyland, restaurants, shopping, in my home, meeting etc... !!!!!!!! I like them so much, they waiting me when i come to France !

It is a big "fiesta" when i come back to France !

I had on Japanese but it is my fault to lost her because the japanese language, i am in panic XD !!!! I am friendly with everyone ! I don't juge like that !

In October, i will met another french friend in Japan ^_^ At Sato !!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. That's how I was introduced to the hobby! A friend of mine kept talking about a doll she was saving for, so I got curious and looked it up. Then I made some new friends recently who told me about this site and introduced me to some other people who were involved. I also got my best friend into it.

17. The only person I know that has a bjd is my sister who started collecting them after she saw mine.^^

18. I have couple BJD friends now. I usually made friends through college that have the same interest as me. But I consider one to be my best friend and she is the one who really introduction to me to all the dolls and taught me the different companies and sizes of the dolls. You know who you are.;)

19. I have my sister, who lives with me, and lots of people I've met online that I ended up meeting IRL for dollmeets. Also, my husband owns one doll, but he doesn't get into the hobby much. He mostly just has Ron to hang out with while playing WoW and pose in goofy ways around the house. lol Oh, and to blame things on. haha My mom has accepted the "grandkids" and though she has no interest in owning a doll, she does sew for them, occasionally shop for them and help with posing for pix.

I've been trying to get more local people into the hobby, one of my best friends is interested, so is a lady I know at the mall, but money is an issue right now for them both. But they are at least looking things up and my friend has narrowed down her possible first doll to 3 possibilities now. :D

20. Without the dolls, I wouldn't have any friends. I'd be home all the time if I wasn't working.