1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. My hairdresser collects and restores vintage porcelain dolls. Closest thing to a doll friend I have. She talks porcelain dolls and I talk Ball Jointed Dolls while I get my hair cut.

2. Not so much friends, but quite a few people in one of the hobbies I'm actively involved in have BJD's or Pullip's, so I guess that's better than nothing! :) I really wish I had more friends that I could talk to about them though!

3. I should check if Im in that FB group! If not, I will be! X'3

4. I don't have any BJD friends. Luckily my best friend (not collecting dolls) doesn't mind me ranting to her about dolls. I'm really indecisive so I bugged her so long to give me comments on all the doll stuff from sculpts to clothes to accessories I'm interested in :XD:

5. I have one bjd friend, who's been in this hobby for many years. She had only mentioned her dolls like once or twice before and had told me about the process of selling one of her dolls. That was pretty much it for a year, but since I have now landed face first in to this hobby, we have been talking about doll stuff almost every day for two months now. Her enthusiasm with this hobby had been rather low for a long time, but since she now has a bjd friend in me, she's excited about dolls again. We are even planning on making our favorite characters in to dolls and are currently looking for the right sculpts.

I also have another friend, who has been interested in bjds for years (I only found this out when I told her I had ordered a doll last month). The cost of dolls was a bit too much for her back then, so she said she had put dolls behind her. But now that I got myself a doll, she's getting the itch for one once again... 8D

6. I don't, not yet anyway. Hopefully when I'm settled in Orlando when I move I can meet some more people!

7. I don't know anyone personally who owns a BJD, but my mom collects porcelain dolls so we can talk about face sculpts, etc. The cool thing is though, my sister-in-law wants a BJD so bad and is very interested, so hopefully she'll be able to join the hobby soon. :)

8. I don't know anyone in RL who collects dolls too, my doll friends are all people I got to know through DOA! There're so many nice people around that it's not hard to chat up a fellow collector! :)

9. I have one friend who I mostly talk about dolls w and got to know bc of a shared interest in dolls. I think they have 17 or so combined bjds and DDs? Another just happened to be into dolls while we were getting to know each other but we talk abt likterally ANYTHING and travel together a lot. She’s got 3, 2 msds abd a gorgeous SD mermaid.

10. I don't have any friends who are into BJDs but I do have friends who collect vinyl figurines and other kinds of posable resin art dolls! It's not exactly the same thing, but it's close enough that they understand the appeal of it.

11. No. Im super anti social and this is the only forum ive ever been a part of (besides the dd forum but im hardly active) so really i dont even know how to make doll friends. im thinking about going to a meet up but im also scared of bringing my dolls in public :( its such a dilemma.

i am lowkey hoping i can bring some of my current friends into the hobby so wish me luck lol

12. Not in real life but I make friends through forums and different platforms

13. I don't have any doll friends any more and it's sad. I'd like to talk more about them

14. I've come to this hobby all alone but I have met a nice friend just because we owned the same sculpt which isn't seen around much. We started following each other on Instagram and she's nice and friendly. She also came to my country with her friend to attend a doll event and we spent time together. I am very happy I have doll friends!

15. always wanted a doll friend as all of my friends and even my boyfriend thinks im crazy x3 my friends are scared of the dolls i look at n my boyfriend doesnt much see the point although he encourages me to have fun with my hobbie cos he knows i love it id love to have dolls friends i could go see x3 but unfortunately i dont know anyone in london

16. One of my friends on WoW is interested in getting an Iplehouse doll. So we talk faceups and things occasionally

17. No other doll friends, but it's all good, I have no end of nerdy hobbies that my friends don't understand ;-)

18. Well, I wish I would have friends to share the hobby with...
      My actual friends (I share other hobbies with them) are totally creeped out by dolls and therefore they can't undertsnad why anyone would wanna have "something that creepy" around... :(
      Unfortunately I consider myself still very new to the hobby and I don't know anyone here in Germany that is into BJD's. I thought about going to Ldoll in france next month, but I am not sure if I really wanna do this on my own... I fear I might get depressed...
      Maybe one day I will meet other doll-people^^

19. Nope, since I am really new to the hobby. Never really pay attention to if anyone have a doll.

20. I’m responsible for having lured at least five people into the hobby, but of them I regularly share doll stuff with 1-2. My best friend and I often send pictures and text about plans and “what would this character do” situations. It adds a lot to my enjoyment of the hobby to have someone to bounce ideas off of and to share in the joys and triumphs of arrivals and finished projects.