1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. I'm fortunate enough that I've lived in areas that have at least mildly active doll communities and have made some good friends!

2. Yes! I actually got into the hobby because I met a bjd group on an anime event n.n We meet every two Saturdays and make things for our dolls and even make expositions at geek events! :3

3. When I started in the hobby (like, seven years ago) I met some friends. It was pretty funny since I discovered that a girl from my middle school had a Pullip. We became best friend and it was wonderful.
      I had no contact with her or any other doll friend for several years and I am pretty alone since I joined the hobby after years of hiatus.

4. Just one. I ask her everything about dolls.

5. I don’t have any real life friends that are interested in BJDs but I’ve made good friends online and I’m so thankful for that :)

6. I don't really have any friends in general that's actually why I started looking more in depth into the hobby I'm actually really excited to go to animrga next year to meet people

7. A friend of mine and I discovered we were both into bjd in Middle school. We both saw some bjd pictures in each other's favorites folder and started talking about it. She never really perused the hobby outside of the abs doll I gifted her one year, but since I've renewed my interest in the hobby she's considering saving for a doll too. It helps that now we're both adults with money.

8. I have made friends through bjds! I went to my first ever meet a couple months ago and now talk quite regularly with a couple on instagram :3nodding: I also moved to university last year, and found out that one of my flatmates was also interested in them! Though at that time neither of us had any XD

9. I am almost 2 years into the hobby and i have many new doll friends! My bf joined me about 1 year ago and i have dolly friends whom i talk to daily! :)

10. I haven't been to any meetings locally so I unfortunately haven't made friends irl in the hobby but I have met some truly awesome people around the world who I talk to more than I talk to my IRL friends lol!

11. I do! Both of my BFFs are into dolls and it’s the greatest. I can show them dolls and outfits and we can all gush together. It’s really great and I love them for it <3

12. I wish I had some, but dolls aren't that much popular where I live:(
      So I'm just the "doll weirdo" here :roll:

13. The only irl person I know who is also into BJD's is my sister. Inactually was convinced after I saw her first dol and wanted one too.

14. a friend dragged me into bjds years ago--she was more into it than i was. but shes the only person irl ive known whos like fully into bjds?? recently though my best friend and i got to talking about it and turns out we are both pretty interested so ^^ new (only) doll friend!

15. No. Anxieties are a major problem of mine, and I'm also more of a loner. I keep trying to get to know people, but it's way harder (for me) than I had expected, lol. ^^;

16. There're only 3 BJD owners in my town. I know them but I can't say that we are big friends. My true friends aren't interested in dolls.

17. Nope, I don't have any friends in this hobby :sweat my friend is excited to meet my first doll once he arrives, though!

18. No, I don’t know anyone or of any groups anywhere near me. I am also very envious of the conventions you have in America. I don’t know of any in UK but please let me know if anyone knows of any.

19. I met many friends through a BJD forum in my country. One person has turned out to be a life-long friend. It has been 10 years and we both changed in a good way. We still talk regularly but not about dolls anymore.