1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. I've actually got a few dolly friends thought the internet, IRC and meetups. :3 I'm quite happy to call them my friends.

2. My two best friends in the whole world share BJD interests with me. They own less expensive dolls than mine, but we all go to meets and conventions together.

3. Just a few. I'll be meeting up with them in October for my first doll meet, and we're all pretty excited. xD

4. I have a doll friend :) (ImpishParody on here). I actually met her on this forum and was so excited to finally find someone in my area that we met up and she turned out to be awesome. Before that I had nobody even remotely interested in my dolls, it was really nice to have someone to talk about them with, I hadn't realised how much I was missing that before. And I'm sure my bf is relieved he no longer has to pretend he's listening and understands what I'm babbling about :lol:

5. I have a few online 'doll friends' and have met up with some of them in real life. Fantastic people for the most part who I probably would never have met if it weren't for this hobby. Sometimes this hobby feels like opening a door onto a room full of people who are all pleased to see you :)

6. Oodles! I've made some great dear close friends through BJDs.

Nancy

7. I didn't know anybody in the doll community (Unless you count online), before I bought my doll. One of my friends even made fun of me for the fact I was spending so much money on a doll (Instead of on a Nintendo 3DS). I'm glad I know some people now though, because I have friends who think my doll is beautiful, but aren't part of the doll community.

8. I have made a friend online for other reasons and later discovered that she also had bjds. Now I consider her one of my best friends and am very happy that we can talk about everything, bjds included.

And I think my doll kinda has a crush on her doll, so they are also friends :lol:
      We have not met yet, as my friend is from Moscow, but it is in the plans, for sure! :)
      I feel very fortunate to have her as a friend, because we really bonded!

9. heh I addicted my SO to BJDs. ^.^ She even got her first doll from me.

10. I have no doll friends!:...(

My friends all love my dolls and get really excited about them with me, especially when I'm getting a new one, and they all want a doll of their own, but their all quite money-stingy/jobless and I don't think they'll be joining me any time soon. :(

However, my BEST friend (my boyfriend) will be getting one within the next two years I think;)

11. i do, actually, and all of them use this site. i was actually goaded into joining--i'm the last one.
      i only know two doll friends really well, and my closest one i met at lunch in junior year. ^_^
      i recently bought her a Dollzone Limited Fox from the december event a few years back. she doesn't know.
      plus, we're all friends here on the den!

12. I have no doll yet but I have lots of doll friends~

My family(mom, dad and bro). Mom especially since most of the dolls I like are male and she likes good looking guys. Dad and bro, because they like collecting items that are customize-able.

Friends(Classmates, Organization-mates, Fellow fangirls and close friends) My close friends and I are all currently saving money for our first dolls. We want to order all of them together. :)
      My classmates are interested in the hobby but they don't really want to own one. I can talk to them about the hobby though cause some of them are more knowledgeable then me. Some of them can name dolls that I don't know. :sweat

13. No :( I have a friend who will listen patiently, and even likes some of the dolls I show her, but she thinks they're too much and would never get one. It doesn't really look like there are even meet ups around where I live either, so I'm kinda stuck by myself. I'd love to have some online friends though! :aheartbea

14. I actually saw someone I knew at a convention with her dolls! Previous to then, I had know about BJDs for about 2 and a half years, but I didn't have any.

Hilariously enough, the first time I talked to her was during a fire drill, and we've been dolly friends ever since!:)

After my first boy arrived, I started infecting others with what I call the BJD syndrome. :lol:

15. Yeah! I've got a few!! Most of them overlap with other hobbies like anime or j-dramas but I have a few! I first got to play with someone else's dolls at a convention and later that year got my own. I started buying dolls at the same time as a friend actually. Since then I've made some other friends through dolls.

I actually became good friends with someone on my study abroad partially because of dolls. We'd just met and become friends (and facebook friends, lol) and I posted up photos of my little apartment on facebook. Seconds later she posted on a photo of my desk which my little Aki was sitting on asking if I'm into BJDs. 5 minutes later she was over with her dolls <3 Hahaha~

16. My best friend and I entered the hobby at the same time. We even bought our first dolls at the same time. We do everything together and can always share any doll related things. Our dolls also share univers. It's lots of fun. :)
      My mom is also into dolls, but she doesn't have one of her own yet.

17. I have a doll friend who I entered the hobby with, and friends who I have since converted to the hobby (:mwahaha), and I also have doll friends that I have met at doll meets. I think it's really nice to have friends who share the same interests as you!

18. When I first started getting into the hobby I didn't know anyone that was interested in it even people that i thought would be had no clue but shortly after joining DoA and other forums I made online friends and recently I have gone to my first meet up and now i am happy to say that I have at least 5 people that I can count as BJD friends they are really awesome young ladies and ready to help me with any question or issue I have regarding the hobby as I am still a newbie!! I really look forward to my next meet up and meeting more people and maybe meeting some other male owners.

19. I have two good friends that love BJDs too, it's so great to have someone to share the hobby with ^^

20. I have friends who are in BJDs too. One of my friends joined the hobby at the same time as I, and some people who were into BJDs already became my friends later.