1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. Yes, we were on-line understanding. Soon, we met up in the real world.

2. Several. They introduced me to this hobby.

3. Someone I knew through a different hobby was into BJD and got me into it and then I got my partner and a different friend into it too! I even helped the friend and my partner to pick out and buy their first dolls!

4. I have a friend who has some porcelain dolls (though not jointed) and she offered to get me a doll (which she couldn't, though)
      She introduced me to MaskCat, which is a company I really REALLY love.
      I don't think she wants a BJD for herself though
      It's really nice having a super close friend support your hobby.
      We like to look at different sculpts and admire how beautiful they are!

5. i have a few BJD friends, i met up with one a few times to go to cons together, and from her, i met two others that i will see again in a month :)

I have a couple others, but i havent met up with them though maybe next month i will see them again.

my first bjd i mentioned above that weve gone to cons to have known eachother for around 8 or so years now... its crazy and pretty cool :) there were some bumps, but its getting slowly patched up.

6. One of my closest friends got me into the hobby. We even live together now and collab on making everything for dolls. We want to make our own sculpt.

7. Yes when I started to play with BJD I have made a lot of doll friends. We have the same hobby and we share good-looking things with each other. These friends make me feel happy and relaxed when playing with dolls.

8. I used to have a nice group of friends into it, but then a lot of things were going down in the BJD community in Arizona and I got busy with school and work so I put my dolls away for a while and fell out of touch with my friends.
      Here I am just short of a decade later coming back into the hobby knowing basically no one. I don't even know if the friends I had before are still into the hobby or not. It's a little daunting honestly.
      The one saving grace is my wonderful girlfriend used to be into this as well, and fell out around the same time for the same reason. She's very supportive of me and that helps.

9. Most of the people I know can appreciate BJDs and other dolls, but I don't really know anyone else who actively collects them.

10. my only bjd friend is my boyfriend who collects a lot of vinyls,i have 0 social skills despite having an ig for these things and cosplay at doll cons so im bad at making friends in the hobby

11. No irl doll friends :( My gf is into doing faceups on MH dolls, so she appreciates my hobby, and my best friend lets me infodump about my dolls, but my only friends in the hobby are online.

12. Nope :pout: But I'm pretty new to the hobby.

I'd like some though. If anyone is in SoCal and wants new friends I'm ya girl :cool:

13. I have a long distance friend who lives in Tennessee, I started by watching her videos on youtube then became a patreon sub of hers, apparently her only one. We've kept up a email correspondence. I also am part of a doll group in my own state but I don't really have in life friends who are also in the hobby.

14. I have a bunch of friends because of this hobby, it really helped me come out of my shell. I have really bad social anxiety and getting to meet people who are so likeminded and willing to hear what you have to say was so... healthy? I don't know if thats the word to use. It just felt kinda healing to meet people who were interested in something I've always been interested in as a teen. I really have to say meeting Marisa (AtelierMeringue) and having her be one of the first people to talk to me and be my friend when I bought my first doll was the most special thing that's ever happened to me. We got to meet at Resin Rose last year and we've talked almost every day since I first met her. I can say that it's the most wonderful thing to have a friend in a hobby and I hope everyone here also gets a chance to just share so much of what they love with someone else.

15. I have a few online friends...wish I knew some people in person though

16. Acquaintances - yes, many. Actual friends - no.

17. I have few doll friends online, and we have meet together sometimes!

18. Yes and no? My roomie kinda coaxed me into actually getting into this and we're friends but I'm not sure if that exactly counts. Not terribly sure how to really go about meeting others outside of these discussion threads, to be entirely honest. Seems to be a common thing though, if this thread is anything to go by haha.

19. We have several local collectors here, and I blame them for getting me more into BJD... LOL

20. My mom is also into the hobby! I also have some friends who are into it, but very few of them at the moment.