1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. I have one! They're actually the reason I got back into the hobby for good, even though I'd started to find my way back by myself - they ordered a couple dolls and that kind of kickstarted my decision to buy the dolls I'm getting now.

I used to have a few more, I even did photoshoots with one of them years ago, but aside from knowing that particular doll has since changed owners, I have no clue what happened to the rest of them. I might have to ask, as I'm still friends with one of the people from that old crew.

But for now I'm just really happy about having that one friend to talk with! It's the first time I've had such a close friend be as into them as I am. :)

2. I have one close friend that I met through a mutual friend who is into BJD, and I have made a couple friends through my local doll community too!

3. I do! I actually had a doll friend before I got into the hobby... she's the one who introduced me and convinced me to try it out. And I've made a few friends on here since. :)

4. Luckily I have one. He sorta got me into the hobby, but I'm the one who spiraled real deep into it real fast and suddenly haha. He lets me ramble about my dolls a lot.

5. No sadly I don’t know anyone in real life that’s interested in dolls. I have several at this point and while it’s nice that my friends will listen to me talk about them and encourage me, I wish I knew at least one other person that has a doll or is in the hobby

6. I do have one real life "doll friend" which I'm really thankful for!

Her taste and style of dolls is pretty different from my own but it's still wonderful to be able to share, ramble and be excited about dolls ^-^

I wish I knew more folks around me who are in the doll hobby though >.< I would love to take part in meets or organize one of my own one day ♡

#626 Sasha of the Crows, Dec 10, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    7. Absolutely. I met my partner through the hobby! We both are friends with several other local doll owners, it's a nice circle.

8. I would love to have an IRL dolly friend, I would love to have someone else to meet up with my dolls with.
      But no one I know shares the hobby and most doll meets I see happening are hours away from where I live :pout:

9. I have my roommate, but uh... That's basically it, haha. There seems to be a handful of people locally, but I keep finding myself chickening out of possible meets because anxiety. Maybe one day...!

10. I'm lucky to say I have a few! The first one was the one who introduced me to bjds in the first place, linking me to the Dream of Doll site. Though we don't talk as often as I'd like these days, I'm still grateful to them for being my entryway into the whole hobby.
      The second one is devilsandswords on this site, who I dragged into the hobby with me a while back, but I don't see them complaining as they keep buying new dolls all the time. :lol:
      And last is my two friends I met through a completely unrelated community, when I was feeling lonely and ended up posting my dolls in the chat, which snowballed into creating our own little sub-community to discuss only dolls.
      Though I can't really meet any of them in person (at least as often as I'd like), I'm thankful for every single one of them. :)

11. I had friends who introduce this hobby to me, but we separated before i finally own my first doll.
      I always accompany them in doll meetings and I got my doll when their passion are cooled down.
      It was a hard time to me for using my passion alone.
      Afterwards, I joined some chat groups and met some people. They are friendly and kind but far away from my home.
      We may only met once a year and cost a flight. She is likely to drop this hobby after graduate from university.
      Meeting some local doll owners will be my new year wish.
      Hope that new year will be better

12. Ive had friends tell me how cool dolls are, and when we were younger would often pretend or imagine what dolls we'd get in the future but none of my friends actually did. My mother has however, i'm thankful to be able to share bjds with her.

13. I have two... they are one of reasons I've been drag in to this hobby lol.

14. I do have a trio of friends I will hit up whenever I want to play with dolls. :lol: They've been in the hobby for as long as I have because we all fell into it around the same time. :XD: I do want to make more though and not just in my own country. :love

15. Before I had a falling out with my IRL friend group I think there were a few people who were into dolls, but we didn't really talk about it very much. Now I'm looking forward to making new friends within the hobby, and hope to go to meet-ups!!

16. I have 1.5 dolls friends. I say .5 because while the other friend doesn't have any dolls, she supports me in the hobby and helps me plan things for them when I'm debating on things. I'd love for more doll friends though! :)

17. I've got two!! My one bestie who is not on this forum and Littlebirdzoom who like, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't know much of anything. I love that I can just message her and be like HEY HELP ME FIND A THING and she's like YO I GOTCHU THIS IS THE THING and honestly it's a really magical dynamic.
      It's because of her I fell in love with She is A Dragon and have one on preorder right now.

18. I have a bunch of BJD friends in a group chat that I met through my other hobby, cosplay! Its great to have a bunch of friends in the same country!

19. Just two, and it's enough.
      For me, it's important to have a friend who has knowledge about doll, and could take care about you also. Futhermore, you should take time to maintain the relationship. So quality over quantity.
      It's good if others could share the love with BJD with me, but so regret, they don't, and I know I can't force somebody to understand my hobby...

20. Sadly I don't have any doll friend. My boyfriend will have to live with it in the near future and he actually seems a little bit interested, though I don't know to what extend yet.
      I'd love to meet people IRL who live near me but I don't know how to get to know them. I didn't find any groups online and I don't know many people where I live now :sweat