1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. I have one. We are kinda dolly twins. We have the similar dolls lol

2. I feel so fortunate that I do have many doll friends. I belong to several doll clubs so that helps to feed my love of dolls. The primary friend who got me interested in a range of dolls introduced me to Iplehouse. She has several BIDs. I just have one. My friend and I talk about dolls often and we have play dates with our dolls. Our dolls are "cousins" and they enjoying spending time together.

3. Initially yes, but they evolved into regular "friends" :kitty1

4. No I don’t have any doll friends, I wish I did; I do have a friend I can talk to about my dolls but she does not like dolls.

5. I got my GF into dolls. Now she makes clothes, items, and wigs for them. She has three of her own and is working on her fourth. Sometimes our nights consist of just sitting on the bed changing our doll's clothes, wigs, etc and writing our stories about them. We once almost got stuck on an island while taking pictures of our dolls when the tide came in and flooded the footpath, but that's a tale for another day...

6. My sister recently told me she likes them too. She will help make clothes for them! I am so happy to share my hobby with her :whee:.

7. I have one friend who loves my dolls but doesn’t have any of her own. She’s tried but they just never really worked. She’s more of an admire from afar type, which is fine. She likes attending meetups with me and also attended a doll convention with me, and has full interest in attending another someday.

8. unfortunately not yet. My close friends know that I am into this hobby though.

9. Yes. I'm lucky to work with one of my dollfriends. :daisy

10. My husband shares in my hobby (he started getting into the hobby soon after we started dating), so he's my main doll friend. I also introduced BJDs to one of my best friends from college, and she and I used to have dolly tea parties together where her dolls were friends with my/our dolls. Eventually, she got her boyfriend-now-husband into the hobby. We haven't met their new dolls yet, but I'm certainly looking forward to introducing all of our new dolls to their new dolls. I'm hoping to get my nieces once they are older BJDs as well so hopefully I'll convert them over into the hobby in time.

11. One of my friends got me into the hobby in college, and while she has triple the number of dolls I do it's always fun do get them together and swap stories!

12. Not at the moment as I am new to the hobby. I have joined a FB group in a city near me so when it is safe to do so again I hope to attend a meet and then get to talk to dollpeople in person :) I have talked to a couple of people on here which has been lovely.

13. I am so happy that lately I feel like I’ve been meeting some super sweet new people via my doll Instagram. It just makes me so happy to talk shop but it’s turned into some life stuff too. I squeal at my husband “YAY doll frands!!!” And I think he’s sort of glad he doesn’t have to hear every detail lately. (He’s very supportive but when I go full nerd he looks a bit lost.)

14. Yes I have, my boyfriend shares the hobby with me and I got my best friend in it too. ^^

15. I dunno about other people but I've joined DOA specifically to meet people to discuss the hobby with ;)

16. I have people I like quite a bit in the hobby, but none I can say I talk with in any real way.

17. Yes and now are a friend more than dolls hobby ^^

18. I agree that I did join DOA to be able to learn and discuss the hobby with as I don't know anyone in my local area in the hobby.

19. I have only 1 bjd owner friend and sometimes we meet and take pictures of our dolls together it is really fun :D I would want more bjd friends from my country but there are only a few like 5 people in the whole country lol