1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. i have no friends in my real life who are into BJD's, i have a few friends online who regularly check out my collections of figures and admire my rather recent obsessions with various dolls, which i enjoy because it makes me feel a little more connected and not just around a bunch of people who would call me a weirdo...which even though they are friends i am sure they would say, i also think being an anime obsessed man doesn't lend itself well to making friends easily

so hopefull one day i will make friends with some people in my life who find dolls interesting and understand the art

2. My best friend has two dolls. We started the hobby together - I gave her part of the money for her big boy as her college graduation present :) She and I also made impulse purchases of two MSDs over the summer together and the girls we bought are sisters.

My mother is also in to the doll hobby which is weird. Not so much that she's my mother but that she likes dolls. She was always a tom boy and dolls never appealed to her until she saw my first girl. Then she started getting interested in their clothes and it all went from there. It's actually really nice to have someone in the family to talk dolls with.

3. I have a dollie friend!! Haha she's awesum :3 she helped me and is helping me very much in the hobby. Sadly I moved away from her last year. But we still keep in contact. <3

4. Why yes, I have a few doll friends. Manachan is a good example. I have one that lives in Virginia, the guy that introduced me to it, and another in Malaysia that took a loan out to get the Saber Lily Dollfie. Don't know what to think of that one, but hey, if he's happy, he's happy. I won't bash him for that. =p

5. Yes I do my best friend. I was the one who got her into dolls!:)

6. At this moment in time, a real life doll loving friend is my no. 1, 2 and 3 doll wish.

I love, love to talk with people over the internet and i have met several nice people while i was abroad, but id give a lot for a understanding doll friend nearby.

Anyone in the Netherlands, pref in or around Amsterdam willing to have a doll friend, please pm.

7. My closest friend (who ironically got me into the hobby) owns 2 :>
      It's funny though because she's had a decline in her interest for the hobby while I've had an incline XD

8. I don't know any people in real life who like bjds. That's why it's so cool to have this forum, I can talk to people understand! :)

9. I have a few real life friends who also own BJDs. One of my best friends I actually met a meet :)

10. I'm lucky, I have several friends in real life who love BJDs (including my twin sister), and several online friends. I'm hoping to make it to a meet to meet some BJD people in my area, I found out about the last meetup a day after it happened.

11. I introduced my ex-best friend to the hobby and as far as I know she is still enjoying it and I'm glad for that because I know this hobby brings me a lot of happiness and I hope it does the same for her. But we're no longer friends and having BJD friends isn't really an issue for me anymore. Whenever I need to rant about something doll related I take it to my doll blog now. That doesn't make me sound pathetic, right? LOL

12. I have one friend in person who is interested in getting her first doll soon, and another who might get one. And one friend who is in the middle. She likes them but I doubt she'd get them. I really hope a friend of mine gets into the hobby soon! It's lonely otherwise...

13. I have a couple friends who like them but don't own any. most of the friends I hang out with on a regular basis think they're weird or creepy though. I really wish i had someone i could go out and take photos of them with.

14. Sorry to say, I don't have any friends who are into the hobby. I hoping I'll make some at a meet I am planning on attending.

15. I have one BJD friend who is also my best friend from my second year at high school :D and when i got my first doll, she really started to like them and purchased one of her own from the same company. :)

16. My best friend Nic is as mad on BJDs as I am, but she is still saving for her first ^_^
      She's a photographer and we often get together to do shoots of my boys~

17. one of my friends introduced me to bjds :)

18. After I got into BJDs I found out that several people I knew were into them! I shouldn't have been surprised, since we had similar interests, but it definitely helped me get into this whole crazy thing in a big way.

And as I've gone along, I've discovered others who also had dolls or liked them and who I knew through other things. It's been a fantastic cross-over of groups of people, and I love it.

... I've also met some great people through DoA and at Meetups. :D

19. A friend of mine got me into BJDs and then I got another friend into them. So we have a mini group that likes them. Now I'm starting to hold meetups to get to know more ppl. We are starting to do CT meetups a lot so i'm starting to get to know some of the locals and they seem so nice:)

20. Yes, I do have some friends with dolls, but most of them I've got into this hobby myself. :D The first one I found accidentally when I was just getting familiar with BJD:s... My cousin told me that one of her friends has some dolls and I started stalking her blog. :'D Anyways, I prefer getting doll friends from the doll forums, not making my old friends into dolls.