1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any "doll friends?"

Jun 19, 2011

1. One of my closest friends had dolls before me, and I have met many irl from the Norwegian doll forum and some of them I have become very familiar with and some are wery good friends with. =D

2. Yes, I have a few.

One of my friends from high school is also a doll collector. I was surprised to see the size of her collection, actually! She has some very nice dolls.

My doll friend just recently for a doll of his own.

I also have a local friend that I met through a shared interest in dolls.

3. I have one awsome doll friend, at first we started talking (on the internet) about our dolls, since we have the same mould, but then we realized we had a lot in common and love the same type of dolls. I've never met her in real life, but she might visit this summer. We chat on Skype every day :)

4. just my Mom. we go to doll shows together and see other people but never seem to say much but hi as we are peering at each others resin. been to two meets but, here again, i feel old as i am 40 and most are 20's and 30's and know each other well. lol! guess that makes me the sit back and watch type.

5. I've got some friends - some of they I met in real life, and some of them are far away from me, and we can talk on the Internet. :)
      From the friends I met in reality was the first Koffeey, who introduced me this hobby, and with her help, I met first with BJDs in reality, not just from photos. And after I bought my first doll, my sister (not member of this forum) bought also a doll head for herself.:D And of course, I've got friends, who haven't got dolls yet, but want.
      And with my Internetfriends I would like to meet in reality!:D *3*

6. I've met lots of friends through this hobby and the meets I attended~ I also got my little sister into the hobby as well~

I do wish I had more people to just go out and take random BJD pictures with though.. :(

7. My closest friend is also into them, but sadly, we don't live in the same area at all which makes it impossible to hang out. At least, not often (plane tickets aren't exactly cheap).

I have yet to meet other people into the hobby where I live, but I'm also way too shy to attend meets. :sweat
      Like Crazykimochi above, I also just wish I had someone to randomly hang out with and take pictures.

8. Yes, I have local friends who are also into this hobby. We always lurking together around a local bjd forum made by one of them. In fact, almost all of them are here in DoA ^^
      Too bad they live faraway from me as I have to return back to my hometown. Although we meet quite often (once a month or so), I'm sad that there is no friend in my town actually like this hobby.

9. I don't consider them my "doll friends", so much as friends who are share a similar interest in BJDs. Of course, one of my friendships--the base of which being that we both own and love BJDs--developed because of dolls, but we do harbor other similar interests. Mor often than not, though, we end up digressing on BJD-related topics. XD
      I dragged my best friend in to BJD-dom, and while she does not own a doll, she wants to and is considering purchasing one. Moreover, she supports my choice to own dolls, and doesn't make snide remarks about how "creepy" they are. Unfortunately, she recently moved to a state very far away from the one I reside in, and while I accompanied her and we road-tripped it up during the summer, I seldom see her now...
      I'm really not that open to expressing the fact that I own BJDs, however, and cannot for the life of me attend a meet unless I'm tagging along with one of my more out-and-about friends who own BJDs.
      CrazyKimochi: I know, right? Taking random photographs of BJDs would be so much fun! D':

10. I have a few doll friends and they are the reason I´m in to the hobby.

11. It's hard to say I do. I have a friend who has a BJD and loves him very much, and works with him for her creative aspects, but I can't say we're those friends that swoon over new sculpts and stuff together.

This is one of the reasons I want to go to doll meets. I feel like this is a large part of my life that I don't have anybody to share it with.

12. Unfortunately, no. My childhood friend likes them but doesn't have any of her own. Other than that no one I know has any interest in them.

13. It was one of my friends who got me into the dolly world, and I accidentally got my mother into the hobby as well. I am also slowly converting some of my other freinds to the dark side;)

14. I've made friends VIA dolls, like people in my local club, but otherwise, not really.

15. High school friends made me fall into dolls.
      But since i moved to the city for my studies, i met many doll owners there and all over the country.
      Some became really close friends, and we see each others for us and not for our dolls anymore XD

16. Not really. My sister sometimes looks, but she really isn't into the hobby. I've never been one to initiate conversation so I haven't gotten the chance to talk to many people on the forum, or in real life about them!

17. No one at the moment =( Just one person I know online that just happened to be a collector as well XD

18. All my friends -- in-person and online friends -- are into one kind of dolls or another.

19. Sadly, most of my friends are too busy raising their children or getting married to still play with dolls :lol: The only doll related friend I have is a former coworker who collects Monster High dolls with me. It'd be wonderful to have a BJD friend irl instead of on flickr and in forums. Some day I'm sure I'll find one ^_^

20. I wish I did :3

I do know a girl who owns one, but we're no longer friends (long story), we went to a meetup once but it was extremely awkward. I've also met people in the area who collect dolls but I don't see any of them on a regular basis, so nope, no doll friends here. Maybe if I can get one of my friends into the hobby..xD