1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any preference about "twins"?

Feb 14, 2017

1. We have three sets of twins in our doll group.

My GF has twin Onyx girls from Soom. They are a pair of girls from the Astrology themed limiteds and were based on Gemini. Since Gemini is always depicted as twins, they released her as a pair of dolls, one in white resin, one in gray resin. It was perfect for Delphine and Lyris as the one of them is alive and the other is deceased and follows her sister everywhere. Delphine, the alive twin in white resin, wears lots of color. The dead twin in gray resin, Lyris, wears only black and gray.

We also share a set of identical male twins, Kyros and Lysander who are both LLT Roderichs. We bought the same heads in the same color and put both on Dollshe Pure bodies. We then opened up the eyes on my twin and that is really the only difference between them, They have the same green eyes, the same Monique wig in black, they dress in the same style. In the story they are models, and they use their twin identity as a part of their career. They really want to look as similar as possible.

The last set of twins are fraternal brothers and don't look alike. They are both still children, and are represented by a Volks SD Michele and a Volks SD Kanata. They both have dark hair, but one has brown eyes and one has green eyes. Really the only thing that makes them similar is being made by the same company and both having some resemblance to their mom, who is a Volks F36.

#21 idrisfynn, Feb 15, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    2. I have four tan Bambicrony Emilys...and technically, none of them are twins! Lorina and Mariana are the closest - the same girl reincarnated. They're interchangeable, done up exactly the same except one has a sleeping head and the other is open eyed. I also have Lorina as an adult (Iplehouse Rexy). Lorina's daughter Emie is an Emily as well. The fourth is just an "Emily." They all have the default makeup from Bambicrony as it is gorgeous.

3. One normal and one sleeping/dreaming is my favorite way to do twins (my oldest doll is the dreaming half of our first pair of twins, and I love that the two dolls are identical in every way but expression), but we've also got a pair of twins who are both dreaming (with the same faceup but different hair colors) in the house at the moment because my wife and I both loved the sculpt so we have one each. I've also had fraternal twins who were totally different sculpts, one boy and one girl, who really only looked alike in faceup colors and hair color. There's a lot of different ways to do it.

4. I wish I had the money for twins!

5. There are quite a few dolls that I would love to get as twins, either exactly the same just with different wigs and such, or with two different makeup options!

6. I had twins at one point, but they where not identical twins. I had a girl and boy and they where totally different sculpts too, but they had a similar feels because they where from the same company. If I where to do identical twins I would likely prefer to find normal and dreaming heads, just to get that slight difference, but if not I can still see doing it with the same heads, just with slightly different faceups! :)

7. I like all those options o.o I am just a huge twin lover! But it sounds lovely to have a normal and a sleepy one, I think I would really choose that myself because it gives both dolls a different expression to the same face ^^ But two of the same sculpt with different face-up would also be soooo nice help :XD:

8. I have two IH Cherie. One is with yellow/brown eyes, and dressed as a Arabian Princess, with dark hair. The second one is a Fairy Princess with blue eyes and blonde hairs. They look so beautiful, but still different :) I was also considering ordering two Delf Arwen a while ago, and regret I didn't do so.. I only ordered one.

9. I have a pair of twins here; they're based on existing characters, so it wasn't a matter of indecision that got me both of them. :) They're both from the same company, and will ultimately have similar faceups, but their hair and eye color are both different (based on the hair and eye color of their parents).

I also have some "duplicate" sculpts, but they're in different sizes, and they're the same character, so they aren't exactly "twins." In that case, that was a matter of "I love this sculpt I want all of it."

10. For me, and thinking about the twin girls I would love to have but never will (XD), I would buy the same sculpt in the same skin tone but then have them with slightly different make-ups, hairstyles and colours.
      I guess it is something conditioned by my native language. We use different words for dizygotic (fraternal) twins and monozygotic (identical) twins so, when I hear the word "twins" in English, my head will redirect me to the definition of identical twins.

11. I am planning to get twins someday to fit my characters, identical twin boys! I just have no idea which sculpt I want for them yet, I've been searching... They're definitely going to be MSDs though!

12. Technically I have three of the same Little Monica sculpt, but they are variants! Basic Roselyn has open eyes, Gloomy Roselyn has dreamy eyes, and Secret Roselyn has one eye fully closed and one dreamy eyelid. They are not triplets in the story I've made but I did do a little character explanation since Secret and basic Roselyn are in the same area. Aries is a goddess and chose to take Rain's form when coming down from the stars to visit them! But otherwise they're all painted differently, and two are NS while one is white.

13. I guess it depends if you want Identical twins or not, my only twins are the same sculpt, but I'm styling them differently and want different expressions for their face ups~~

14. I'm planning a set of fraternal twins that are brother and sister, so I'd like to have similar but ultimately different sculpts (I'm thinking Migidoll). For identical twins, I'd go for the same sculpt but with subtle differences (different face-ups or a tender-eyed version).

15. I want a set of twins also. I want them to be littlefees or some YOSD size doll. I know I want them to be identical girls, so that I can get them cute little dresses:kitty1.

16. Me and my sister are twins! I love for twin the normal version amd sleep version

17. I love the idea of twins in any form! Perhaps one day.

18. I have an accidental set of twins/triplets - I bought the Iplehouse Lisa sculpt fullset in NS from the Addiction series when it was first released, then grabbed up the same fullset in gray skin a year later secondhand. And then IH put another gray Lisa, with a custom faceup, into their auction sale listings, and I was the only bidder! I really wasn't thinking of them as twins when they came to me - but after I got them dressed and styled, I realized they had the same "look" to them. Apparently I not only like the same sculpt, but I like the same general type of clothing and wigs for all of them, too.

19. depends on the character but also fraternal vs identical.
      With fraternal nothing much matters, just make them look related and it's all good lol. I actually have triplet dolls that are off topic on my shelf but with them I decided 2 would be identical and 1 wouldn't. The unidentical one has darker red hair. the identical ones have the same colour hair in different styles. Because I COULD, I also selected to have slightly different expressions so August has this little smirky smile and Cass looks a bit less impish in his grin.

I've got plans for identical resin boys but only if I can find the right sculpt. They'll be the same sculpt UNLESS I can find a company that'll do the same basic sculpt with different expressions (you know like souldoll has their smirking joelle and angry one and similar?) because ideally one should be smiling and the other should look sombre to capture their personalities better. I may have to just paint them carefully to achieve that.
      But they'll have the same skin tone, same hair and eye colour, just different styles of hair and clothing and if I can manage it, different expressions. they may look identical, but they are different people after all.

Husband's just bought a doll of one of his characters too, and she has a twin brother so i'm sure he'll be gotten at some point. but they look absolutely nothing alike lol. She takes after her mother, he looks nothing like either parent because recessive genes wheee.

But yeah, I kinda like to approach twins by considering them as people first and if they're identical, pondering how their personalities are similar but different and how they might style and hold themselves to differentiate, or if they enjoy dressing the same and acting like clones (some twins do)

one day i'll find a perfect sculpt for my twin boys. One that's grinning or smiling and the other who looks all serious... yessss. In the right scale... *headdesk*

20. When first joining the hobby I did not want to get twins or any doll that had the sleep face. Three years after getting my Bambicrony Amy ,I spotted the 1st version sleepface doll and fell instantly in love with her. I got her at a really great price. So far my tan Bambicrony twins are the only set of twins I have in my collection.