1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any preference about "twins"?

Feb 14, 2017

1. I have a twin dolls, 1 girl and 1 boy. They are of the same sculpt but 1 in normal and the other open mouth.
      they have slight faceup differences. the girl is more feminine while the boy is more... boyish. :XD:
      Initial plan was 2 boy twins but 1 just looked too cute in a female wig, so TADA~ a girl and a boy!

I've ever thought of getting sister dolls in different sculpt but from the same company so to have some similarities.
      But so far no plans on getting them.

2. My Donna, Iplehouse EID Jessica, has a twin brother. I plan to buy an EID man as Damian someday, but I haven't settled completely on which one. I feel like it would make the most sense to me, if they were from the same company, at least in this specific instance. I don't have any other twins in my story atm though.

3. I have just realised my long awaited set of twins. They are non-identical sculpts but very similiar from the same artist (boy and girl). A definite sibling resemblance. Most of my collection is very eclectic so it is lovely to have two dolls who complement each other for a change.

4. I think they can be really cool, even though they're not really people something like these guys would be cool! http://www.doll-chateau.com

5. I would love to have twin dolls; one boy one girl

6. My preference for twins is to have many of them.:lol:

Once I know I love a sculpt, for me, it's like the more the better.:love
      I currently own 3 pairs of twins, 2 male LLT Roderichs, 2 female Dollmore Keeley Sums
      and 2 Sharks and Sparks Same's, one is a boy and one is a girl.

I do like it if there are small differences, one of my Roderichs has open eyes and
      the other has dreaming eyes and because my Keeley Sums have the same face-up,
      I've given them different eye colors.:)

7. My twins are fraternal twins, so they don't have to look exactly the same. They are Iplehouse nYID Oscar and nYID Justin, both in Peach Gold and both have Iple wigs in the "Goldenrod" colour. Tyler (Oscar) has blue eyes and Michael (Justin) has blue-grey eyes. You can see Tyler in my icon <<

8. I don't have a set, but I love the idea of identical twin dolls! I'd kind of like to own gothic lolita twins with opposing white/black color schemes.

9. I have one set of twins. One twin has a normal head and the other twin has a cynical head of the same sculpt. I'm looking to get a set of fraternal twins; boy and girl, but I still haven't worked out which make/sculpt I'd like them to be.

10. While I have several double sculpts, only one set of them are twins. They're both Soulkid Aehael, but one is normal skin and the other sandy brown. They do have the same eyes and are meant to have the same curly hair (I still need to buy one wig, so atm that isn't true), but since one of them dyes her hair, it isn't the same colour. They do both have freckles, but while they look very similar, I love that there are still differences between them that reflect their characters. When I'm done with their clothes, they will also sport similar yet different outfits.

11. -Same sculpt for identical twins, similar sculpt for fraternal twins, same hair and eye color but different styles^_^

12. This might be of interest for you :3nodding:

I'm no fan of twins with different skin colors, I find it weird somehow, don't know why... But I own a set of twins in normal skin. They are the same sculpt, same eyes, same parents, lol, but they were born on different dates, which resulted in different personalities. When you look at them, you will think you know, which of them is bad and which the good girl, but boy, are you wrong :lol:

Audrey on the left and Jasmine on the right. I absolutely love them and I can only recommend you all to get your own twins!

[​IMG]

13. Such beauties! I love Jasmine especially, that's my favourite hair colour right there (my own is actually currently this colour ). As for the different skintones; I used to think it weird too. It kind of happened by accident, since I missed Aehael's preorder and this was what I could find on the aftermarket. But it works out, because sandy brown is only a mild tan and she's the one who basically spends all her time outside, while her sister only ventures outside if she absolutely has to. Hence, pale

14. I don't have any twin plans, but if I did I would probably make sure they had the same sculpt or at least from the same company so they look very similar. I would probably have the same person do both faceups but make sure both fo them look a little unique.

15. I think I would have twins if I have a sculpt I really like but can't decide between two styles (and probably between two skin colors). However I don't really have a lot of money, therefore having the same sculpt does bother me. Maybe little YOSD twins would be nice.

16. i love twins and triplets.
      Kurumi and Miruku are the same sculpt with different skin tone;
      Jo has normal skin with open eyes, Beth has white skin with dreamy eyes;
      Michele twins are sister(SDGR) and brother(SD10);
      Reisners first release are the same sculpt, one modded to slightly close eyes and open mouth;
      The other twin Reisners are scarface and third release;
      SD13 Williams are the same sculpt, one from DP16, one One Off.
      SD17 triplet Williams, one modded to slightly close eyes and open mouth, one is the newest release, and RG Williams i need to pick him up at LADP.
      Switch Hyul.SH are the same sculpt, but one of them modded to slightly open eyes...

17. My twins are a Luts kid delf Peach and Yuz. Two different molds. My boy needed to be a little different from my girl, but they look so similar that they're a near perfect set in my eyes <3 They have the same color hair and eyes but that's all I really role with. Especially since one is a boy and one is a girl.

18. I bought two body's from the same company second hand, but only came with a head. I was trying to get a head before a local convention, and up pops a person with the same head I already possessed. I bought it and they have been twins ever since.

19. I would love a pair of twins in the future - I doubt they would be identical though as I don't think I could justify with myself for buying two of the same doll as I'm not confident enough to change things to be able to tell them apart. I would probably look for dolls from the same company with similar looks if I was going for twins. If I ever get into serious customisation I might consider them being identical.

20. I didn't plan for my girls Fuyumi (DD Hatsune Miku) and Miyuki (DD Snow Miku) to be twins, but they are the same sculpt, just with different face-ups and color palette. I also prefer to think of them as sisters rather then different versions of the same character.

#60 fuu-sensei, Jun 9, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 16, 2017