1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have dolls of different sizes?

Oct 9, 2018

1. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yep! 7cm to 70cm, and all sorts in between.

How do you feel about this? Is it weird?
      Not at all. Some dolls of different sizes inhabit the same "universe," but they represent characters of different ages. I also don't see an issue with little dragons hanging out with an MSD.

Which size is your favourite?
      SD, actually. Due to the space required to display them, though, I only have 4 in that size. The most common size for me are tinies, most of which are either the children of my larger dolls, or are fantasy creatures. I really like mature minis as a nice compromise between appearance and size.

What size did you get first?
      My first two dolls were a 16cm tiny and an MSD. I ordered them months apart, but they arrived within one day of each other. :)

2. I really like experimenting with different sizes. I have dolls from 29-51 cm, and I am looking to dip into 70+ even though I know I don't really like that size.

I just think it's fun to have a varied collection! And my dolls don't have to "fit" each other because they're not meant to interact in any way.

3. I have super tinies all the way up to 60cm. I like yosd size and mini size the best. They’re portable and yet still easy to change out eyes and find wigs that look nice. Super tinies can be a real pain when it comes to eyes and wigs. I love all my big and little dolls, but that’s something I keep in mind now.

I don’t find it odd to have different sizes. I picked each one based on its own merits. They aren’t intended to match my other dolls. I don’t think about that. But as they are mostly fantasy, I like how they all look together. It’s as if they belong to a mismatched and fantastic world.

4. So far i only have 1 Dollfie dream ( 58cm ) and 17 yosd ( 26cm to 30cm ) of different companies! I love my little ones the most!

5. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yup! I own SDs, MSDs, Slim MSDs, YOSD, 19cm, 16cm, and 10cm sizes.

Nope. I love the variety! Not all my dolls are in the same storyline so it's not a matter of patchworking them.

I love them all, but I'd probably say the slim MSDs and the tinies.

My first was a tiny. I think she was 20cm or 23cm. Don't really remember, I don't have her anymore.

6. I've got everything from 8 cm to 68 cm in my doll family. Most of my crew is in the MSD category, with only two in the SD size. I typically keep mine separated by size categories, but some of my taller yosd fit in well with my MSD, and some of the taller MSD don't look so odd next to the SD. It really depends on which dolls you have, I suppose.

7. I have an 11cm tiny, two MSD, and three SD. I don’t have tight characters for them, but I usually think of them as a family, with the SDs being mom, dad, and dad’s friend, and the MSDs being the kids. If they were strictly in scale, the kids couldn’t be more than 5 years old, but I don’t care about scale that much, so I imagine them as tweens.

I think it would only be weird if the SD and MSD were in a romantic relationship and had such a height difference that one of them could only be a child (ew). A 70cm man and 50cm woman would be like a 5 foot and 6 foot tall human couple (right?), and my parents had that much height difference.

8. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      I have from 13cm and all the way up to 75cm

I love it, it's never felt weird. They're all family, friends, little families.

That one is tough, there is something about each size that I like, be it their bodies or how they pose. I don't have one single favourite size no more.

An SD, didn't really care about what size to get for the first, I went with the doll that I fell head over heels for and got him home. No regrets in that department whatsoever.

9. My dolls are different sizes and I plan on getting more variety in the future! I really enjoy having all the different sizes that I do and I’m actively seeking out more. I want to experience all types of dolls. I don’t really have any interest in photographing them together presently and I like how they all look together. I don’t see that changing.

My first doll was a MSD and she was an awesome starting point. So far MSDs are also my favorite though my next two planned dolls will probably be SDs. Hopefully the rest will be MSD haha... they’re a little less pricey.

10. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      I have from 1/6 YOSD and all the way up to 1/3 SD

It has never felt weird. I think they all fit well together. My 1/6 is a Magic Time - Draculria, SoulDoll - Aeheal Centaur, Fariyland Minifees, Volks SD's, DDdy and DD. They live in a multi race, multi culture world.

This is tough to choose any one in particular, I chose to adopt each of my dolls due to a characteristic or look that they have that I like or I feel is just irresistible. However that said I think I would have to say I my Volks SD Ran in Harajuku is the doll I that I could not resist from the moment I laid eyes on her. Those eyes just said "Please take me home with you".

SD Ran in Harajuku

11. Mostly mature MSDs, and a few YOSDs who are their children. I have two SD girls - my first was a bit of an impulse buy because she's pretty and someone was selling her at a great price (she is legit, don't worry!), and my second because I fell in love with the sculpt and bought her as my first ever floating head.

I prefer MSDs mostly for practical reasons if I'm honest - they cost less, need less storage space and they can use lots of playscale props for dioramas. There are so many stunning SD sculpts but if I get too into them then they'll take over my whole house.

12. Mostly I have 1/3 scale. These are my adults, then I have 1/4's and tinies who are the children. It works!
      I like the SD's, but tinies are gaining in favor.
      My first 4 were all SD.

13. My first dolls were all SD size & while I parted with a lot of them when I had to downsize, I still have more of them than any other. I became interested in mature slim minis several years ago & have a group of them. I'd also tried tinies for a while but quickly sold them all except for two. Most recently I've bought a couple of Little Fees & am playing with them mostly currently. I tend to go for the more mature dolls but while the Little Fees are childlike in appearance, I consider them to be sprites & therefor ageless.

14. I only have sds at the moment, but I used to have the three main sizes! I don’t think it’s anything to feel weird about, it’s fun getting to work with so many differently sized dolls~

15. I have 2 msd sized dolls, 1 tiny, and 1 sd. My first size was my two msd dolls, but I enjoy the “presence” my sd girl has.

16. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes, I do!

No. I tend to think of them as in different universes. OR Just beings that are tiny with my large dolls being "normal."

1/3 size. But my 60cm dolls don't usually go with my 70cm. And my more realistic styles stick with each other rather than with the more anime styled ones.

I started with 60cm, because that was the most common size way back then (2004). But I still like that size, and 70cm.

My dolls in 2011--
      [​IMG]11-03-group_7514z by aprilllee, on Flickr

17. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes, my smallest is RealFee, my largest is Lusion and I have a fair spread of sizes in between

Not weird at all

I have a few stand-alone's, my SD gang (and some fo the MSC sizes and Petites) are members of the same large extended Vicrorian family, My lim Mini's are a group to themsleves (they're my modern kids) Teh tinies and the extremely tinies are two more distoinct groups, and the Lusion (being SO much bigger) is a stand alone. Severla of the groups have soem crossover, however, with other sizes that work together (the LittleFees work as young children to the more mature slim mini's, the larger MSD sizes work as younger siblings to the SD sizes etc)

SD, judging by how they outnumber the rest - they're the nicest to sew for too.

SD. The Luts CP Delf Chiwoo in my icon/picture - the first of the family of Victorian children.

Teddy

18. I only have SD size at the moment:lol:

19. I collect mostly SD sizes, because they are great to display, as art, in my living room. I also have a couple of MSD sized dolls. They are easier to bring out for photo shots, and easier to pose. But to me SD size is my favorite, and I also bring them out for photos. They look absolutely stunning standing on their display, illuminated by LED lights. Especially since they all are dressed up in Fantasy and myth/warrior outfits, of high quality. all my dolls are females.