1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have dolls of different sizes?

Oct 9, 2018

1. I have from 15cm all the way to 73cm, with practically all sizes in between. It’s time consuming and expensive, but all of them are just so different and fascinating in different ways. If you have the money and would like to get into a different size go for it.

2. Yes I do. And it doesn't bother me at all. Yesterday I wanted to fiddle with the 70+ elk, and today my hands are drawn to the small fry that I can carry in my pocket. In the end, they are just my dolls to play, and not some kind of Museum exhibition, which must obey some strict laws.

3. my first dolls were MSDs and one SD mermaid i like having the virty in sizes since my mermaid is her own character and my MSDs are part od their own story

4. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      I only have MSD and YOSD dolls size.

How do you feel about this? Is it weird?
      I feel in love with MSD size more and YOSD are super cute and small. I feel weird with SD size to be honest. I try to own 1 before and it didn't feel comfortable for me at all.

Which size is your favourite?
      MSD is definitely my favorite size. They are like the perfect doll for me. :)

What size did you get first?
      My first doll was a slim MSD size.

5. i have a 2 62cm 1 70cm and a 45cm soits not too much range but still a bit, its actually not very weird, but geting all size cloth is a big problem :doh

6. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes. I have bjd's ranging from 9cm to 75cm tall.

I planned it that way. The ones around 70cm are adults. I have a teen character and another species that are both around 60cm, my MSD-sized dolls are children around 9-10 years old, the YoSD's are toddlers, and the 1/12 doll is a baby sculpt, so he's a baby.

I love my 70cm guys.

I started out with a big 73cm doll, and I don't regret it. I was almost talked out of it by people saying that SD's are too big or too heavy, but then I reasoned that I grew up in the country and had to help my parents pile wood for heat in the winter, so I'd probably be fine with bigger dolls. I was right.

7. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      yes, one mad and one sd
      not at all. i like the height differences to be large lol
      no preference, both are great in their own ways
      i bought the msd size first but my sd girl came home first

8. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes, Ido. I have boys in 75cm/72cm/70cm/68cm/67cm/65cm/63cm. I love them in different hight, especially when I took the
      pictures of two and above. I also has doll in msd and regular 1/3 (about 57cm-61cm). I have 4 ob11 as well.
      It's not weird, it just cost me a lot to purchase wigs, eyes, clothes and others. I love to put them together, they look like a sweet family. BTW, I have so many different skin colors, white/normal/purple/grey/brown/choco....
      Which size is your favorite?
      I love them all!
      The first doll I have was 65cm.

9. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      I do. I've got two complete MSDs (and two floating heads in that size), one YoSD, and one tiny. The tiny is a Wishel, roughly the same size as a PukiFee.

Doesn't bother me much! My collection, my rules. It does make group photos look a little weird, but...a weird person should have a weird collection!

I love MSD-sized dolls and I love my tiny. Tinies are easy to conceal, easy to carry around, easy to take to work and hide in a cubbyhole (which I admit to doing). MSDs are more substantial and make great photography subjects, and yet they're not too much for me to handle. I've seen how long an SD's legs can be, and I doubt I'd have much fun getting them posed. Also, I can fit my fingers into an MSD's head easier than I can my tiny and my YoSD.

MSD came first, then YoSD, then tiny in that order. As I said above, they're a motley crew (not to be confused with the band), but I have a lot of fun with them and that's what matters.

10. I started out with 60cm CP/Delfs, and still have more dolls in the 57-65cm "Mid-sized 1/3"-range than anything else, but over the years the gang has branched out a lot. Currently, my smallest doll is a 6cm Dream HIgh Piko. My most massive is a 75cm Spirit Doll Ulmus. The tallest (Well, the LONGEST really, since she's a mermaid-) member of the crew is a DollZone Sawarieda at 110cm, though she's actually closer to 1/4 MSD scale than 1/3 in spite of her size. In-between there are a couple of other Micros, few mature minis, some old-school child-like MSDs, a batch of Yo-type 1/6 kids and chibis, a horde of Tiny Creatures, some 65-70cm guys and gals from various companies and one "Fashion-scale" pixie.

It turns out I like variety. Even though that means finding clothes is sometimes a serious pain in the rump. :lol:

11. I dolls in every size category of bjds, no it is not weird. I have no problem with getting them all together (even with some of my non-bjd dolls) and taking group photos. Now, 'character/story-wise', they do not all 'interact' with each other. I have a mature-sculpt 1/6 scale who would not be able to 'interact' with my 1/3 IOS. So they all share the same space in terms of standing/sitting on a shelf or taking pictures together, but they do not share the same story world. Sometimes dolls in the same scale (like my IOS and Dollfie Dreams) do not 'interact' because their heads are different sizes to each other and have a completely different overall look.

I cannot say if I have a favorite size because I have a 'favorite' depending on the situation.
      I love the detail of 1/3s, but their boxes are a pain to store and they can be heavy if I am carrying them around for pictures.
      I love my 1/6s because she can sit in my hand or on my nightstand without me making room for her, but buying clothes I want her to wear is a pain.
      I love my 1/4s because they are a good middle ground.

Like Brightfires, I like variety.
      A 1/3 is not ideal to be in all situations just like a tiny isn't. I like to have a doll for every situation in a sense. . . . which leads me to have dolls in many different sizes.

All in all, it is mostly personal preference.

12. My first doll was an SD. I really like the substantial size and how so much detail can be added to outfits without feeling too cluttered. I imagine it would be a bit tough to do face-ups on much smaller dolls. :sweat All of my dolls so far are SDs! I want to keep my collection uniform so I doubt I will ever get anything smaller than an SD. It is definitely my favorite doll size.

13. I have a few SD's and one MSD; currently have one SD and MSD on the way. ^^

Honestly, I feel odd standing my MSD's next to the bigger dolls, because the eight difference is radical to me. My favorite woud probably have to be SD, they're harder to carry around but they look great on my dresser! The first one I got was an MSD though I ordered an SD first. More resin to cast takes longer ;)

14. I'd add a picture of my crew, but it would be incomplete since one is in pieces and i have like.....5? on the way *hides*

Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      I do! My smallest is a Realfee. I have an army of yo-sd dolls, two msd lovelies, and my first ever SD coming in a few months as well as some 20cm and under anthro dragons. I have an angell-studio boy and an incoming peachdaydreams onedat for the "inbetween" 30-something cm not quite msd but not quite yosd types.

Not at all! I love having different sizes; while the yosds are easier to handle and carry around, there's something very satisfying about the weight of an msd sitting in my hands. It's not too weird, even though most of my dolls are in one story; my msds are young adults/older teens and my yos are kids-tweens, while the inbetween sizes are either tall kids (or in onedat's case, for a separate universe).
      I work in a school and the height variations between real life kids and adults can vary, so I don't see any reason why that doesn't apply in dolls too. However, any romantic stuff/ships are generally kept within the same size range.

Sometimes I'd thought that different sizes would mess with my story universe, but it hasn't been much of a problem.

My Realfee, Serafina, is canonically tiny because her character is a supernatural being who has yet to realize her full power: my plan is to incorporate my incoming SD as some kind older brother to her, his size explained because he's significantly older and more magically powerful. Between elves, angels, magic users, and guardian familiars and other spirits, almost any kind of doll size can be added to my crew! It's a stress-free writing exercise to fit everyone in, and my best friend and I have a lot of fun with it.

I have like, 6 yosds so that's my reflexive answer, but there is something to love about each size! I will have to see how I feel about my 70cm boy when he arrives, though. I did some math and realized he's going to be about 2 feet tall....mamma mia *_*

My very first full doll was a slim yosd from Bobobie, and that's probably what got me hooked on the size. :kitty2 I got my first msd and hybrid, a dollzone head on a resinsoul body, very soon after, though.

I'm sorry this got super long but I love talking about my doll stuff ;v;

15. I have many dolls, which they are nearly all in different sizes. The luts delf, luts ssdf, somm ID72, somm ID75, SD17. I have to make their clothes on my own since it is impossible for me to just buy clothes. And thanks to this, i develop many skills and right now i even don`t have to worry about this issue anymore

16. I currently have a 60cm SD and a 26cm YOSD. I predominantly aim to collect SD dolls. I find having a few YOSD sized dolls might not be a bad thing, they're cute, and adorable and toddler sized which means they won't seem too odd against my SD sized dolls.

I also have a 65cm, 73.5cm and 75cm on the way(layaway) as well as another YOSD. I like the varied heights (that by far isn't the main reason I ordered the dolls I did, definitely was the head, was mere coincidence they were different heights x3) I will probably never own a MSD doll.

17. Nope. All my dolls are between 60-72 cm and I strive to keep them looking like they belong in the same world stylistically. Years ago I bought a slim MSD, but I was so used to the weight and presence of the larger dolls that he felt like a little action figure by comparison. I was prepared for that, as I had worked on friends’ MSDs in the past and handled many, but it seems I overestimated my desire for portability and underestimated how much it would bother me to have an oddball who couldn’t interact with anyone. I sold him and don’t intend to stray again.

18. I started out with SD17 size but eventually went on to get 16cm, YoSD and 75cm. I even have an idealian 51 on preorder. I initially wanted to have only SD17 size so that everybody can share the clothes, shoes etc. But now, I don't really have to get rid of anything if something doesn't fit since I can try around and see who can keep it haha. I don't think its weird to have different sizes. It's kinda fun sometimes when people create short photostories from different-sized dolls. My favourite is probably 75cm cos I love broad shoulders lol

19. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes I do. I have mostly SD dolls but I also have four MSD and three tinies.

No it's not. I don't see why it will be weird.

SD ! I own around 35 SD. I love their presence.

What size did you get first ?
      It was a SD, a Doll In Mind Galahad.

20. I traditionally love tiny things! Tiny dolls, dollhouse rooms, miniature worlds, etc. Most of my favorite dolls are very small. However, I fell in love with the MDR sculpts for Fand and Zuri, and was lucky enough to get a Zuri during the recent sale. Zuri will be a large doll for me, but the idea of having a larger model for sewing and crafting is pretty exciting. I really don't have anything on her scale. I like the idea of having a variety of scales for my hobby, though. That way, when you accidentally make something too big or too small for the intended recipient, you can just pass it along to the properly scaled doll, and pretend that you meant to do it.