1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have dolls of different sizes?

Oct 9, 2018

1. I do - SDs and MSDs, it's not too weird for me as long as they appear to be in the same scale, SD, and my first doll was a Pukifee. My first three dolls were tinies, and none of them live with me anymore.

Tinies are cute and I like them in theory, so it took getting an SD and falling in love with it for me to figure out I wasn't bonding with them. I didn't think I'd like MSDs, but I got a minisup Aasta and she reads like a small SD to me, if that makes sense. She has a solid weight to her too.

2. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes. I have dolls the size of tiny (animal), MSD, SD and 70+

How do you feel about this? Is it weird?

It's OK. They are decorated in the same style. For dolls MSD i have one story for the CD, 70+ another story.

Which size is your favourite?
      MSD & SD

What size did you get first?

MSD

3. 01. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes, my range is a little extreme! My dolls run from 10cm to 80cm.

02. How do you feel about this? Is it weird?
      It's only weird if you think it's weird. I love the sculpts and that works for me!

03. Which size is your favourite?
      SD, but really anything from about 25cm-65cm-ish is very manageable. I have a harder time with my very large or very small dolls.

04. What size did you get first?
      70cm+

4. I have yosd, msd, and sd. My favorite size is 1/4th, but I love the variety and maturity of the 1/3 sculpts. I really wish they would do more with the 1/4th scale dolls, as well as make them more mature. Especially the boys!!. I'd love for there to be more 50cm dolls to help bridge the gap between the sizes and make it more seamlessly. Like if i have a tall msd and a 60cm boy... I'd like for them to make them where they look like they could go together. The shorter one would just be incredibly short, which happens. But i love have different sizes and the variety. (Variety with mature sculpts of different sizes.)

5. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes MSD& YoSD
      They give me different feeling, some and adorable, some are gentle.
      I prefer Yosd cause they are easy to carry.
      YoSD

6. Yes, I have one 1/8 and five 1/6 dolls.

7. I always thought that dolls fit together best from MSD down. (At least for me.) The mature MSD dolls are the adults, or older teens. The YOSD dolls look like they could be their kids, or little siblings, and the tiny ones look like toddlers. The all fit nice and tidy together in home settings and dioramas. Everything seems to fit for scale If I go from the 1/4 size, and because things are bigger for children it all works out great.

Then I got my first SD at the beginning of the year, because I wanted to see what it was like. He came fullset, and was like this amazing work of art. I thought he'd be fine going solo --- but then I got this other SD, because I needed a girl doll ---and there is another SD I am looking at...

They are like potato chips, they come in all different shapes and sizes, and I can't have just one.

8. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes. Currently my smallest on-topic dolls are about 11 cm. My tallest is 72 cm.

I really never thought about it. I don't have a 'story universe', each doll is an individual. Or maybe part of a pair, or a small group.

I would say the 40 cm (MSD-size) range is my least favourite. By a very small margin, though.
      I think 25/30 cm (YoSD) is my favourite size, but again, by a small margin.

MSD.

9. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes. I have a couple of tinies (20cm), 1 Yo-SD and 2 MSDs.

It isn't weird as the tinies are a separate universe from the rest and they don't really interact. The Yo-SD is a little girl so she fits perfectly with the MSDs.

That is a really tough question. I would say my favourite is Yo-SD because it is really light and portable and she fits in my everyday bag but I'm a sucker for mature-looking dolls and my MSDs are that while being in the border of my size-comfort zone.

MSD.

10. My dolls range from 25cm(Littlefee) to 72cm(Soom Idealian)
      I did have a pukifee, but she was too small for me so I traded her

11. My crew is mostly SD+. I'd say SD17 is more accurate, with the exception of one little MSD. He looks a bit like a spare part just tacked on the side of group photos, so I do my best to blend him in with the rest. But, I am considering putting him up for adoption. As cute as he is, and he is as cute as a button, he's often neglected. I need to do something with him, even it's giving him a better home.

Because SD+ is my standard, I'd say I prefer the larger dolls. There's something comforting about their weight or bulk in your arms, and as I'm taller than average myself it makes more sense for me to have the larger dolls. I feel as though anything smaller than MSD would be far too fiddly and fragile. The larger dolls certainly do have a presence, but I don't think I could go Dollmore Trinity size. Or even 90cm. They're too imposing to me. But, maybe, one day. When I have a place of my own. I'll look at, possibly, bringing a Dollmore Trinity home, just for the fun of it!

12. I don' t think it' s weird at all, I just make differntly sized dioramas for them, I got a 1/3 dollfie dream first, but soon I' ll get a 1/4 myou body!

13. I have a tiny that's smaller than a Lati Yellow/PukiFee, a Lusion Dahlia (80cm), and many dolls in between, though I don't think I currently have anyone that is in the mini size range. I don't do photo stories or have my dolls matched to characters in the same story or anything like that, so I pretty much give myself free reign to get whoever strikes my interest (if I'm in the market for a new doll).

14. .

#74 Gintsumi, Apr 14, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    15. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yeh, I have nine 1/4 scale dolls, one 1/4 scale head, one 70cm+ head, one 70cm+, and one 65cm.

I like the bigger size more now but was more into the 1/4 scale back in the day. I still absolutely adore my 1/4 scale dolls, I'm just not looking to buy any more of them at this time.

Which size is your favorite?
      65-70cm+

1/4 scale back in 2010. I didn't start with the bigger sizes until 2015.

16. YES!
      MSD and SD size. I would like a YOSD one day. Just not sure which one I would choose yet.

17. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      No, I prefer one size - MSD.

It's not weird, just inconvenient. =)

18. Do you guys have dolls of different sizes?
      Yes, 1 Yosd, 2 MSDs and 5 SDs (4 60cm, 1 70cm).
      Err, not sure what would be weird about it? :sweat I mean I guess they could look a bit odd all together because of differing scales, particularly the MSDs vs the SDs and a Yosd, but in my story the MSDs are supposed to be smaller, fairylike beings, so it's not weird to me.
      SD. Kinda wish I'd never gotten other sizes because it would be so much easier to collect stuff only for one scale, but oh well. :)
      MSD. I'd never seen a BJD in real life before but had read people recommending MSDs as a good size for beginners, so that's what I went for.