1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have one doll way more spoiled than the rest?

Feb 4, 2020

1. My Dollstown Soph B is one of my most spoiled doll. I buy her a new outfit (made on order) nearly every year for the last 5 years. She is my oldest doll and my favorite one, even if I don't show her very often.
      My Oni clan is also spoiled. But they are 10 and most of them shared outfits and accessories so it's less, well, visible than for my Soph B.

2. My first doll has an insane amount of clothing and accessories whereas my other dolls in my collection either have like one more outfit or just the outfit they came with. At the time, she was a common doll so it isn't because she was rare or anything. I think it was because we were very poor at the time and since she was my first doll I figured she was going to be the only one and thus her extensive clothing collection and doll sized accessories. Even once our doll family grew, she still got more outfits. Might be partly because the others were not common dolls so their outfits and accessories were kind of limited to them so I wanted to keep the limited stuff altogether.

Now she perpetually sits on the shelf being shielded away from light in her full body outfit to protect her from the elements with another doll in front of her to further shield her. Hahaha. The other doll is rarer than her so it's kind of funny. But she's the most sentimental and I get nostalgic every time I look at her.

3. I think I feel more spoiled than my dolls- getting nice clothes for them is really self indulgent for play and dress up, and self indulge I will:whee:! When I look at other dolls though? I feel like such a bad doll mom :...(

4. He sounds like a very fashionable young man! Hehe. Definitely deserves to be spoiled!

Oooooo that sounds so mysterious!

See, I get that. When it's a doll that you think will be your only one, it makes sense to spoil it. And once you're in that habit of spoiling that doll in particular, continuing spoiling it even after its no longer your only doll.

Other dolls, like other owner's dolls? I'd say it's best not to compare your own collection to that of another's. Its definitely a "grass is greener on the other side" situation

5. I of course will make a full post once they arrive.

6. Thinking about it, I really don't have an individual doll these days who gets more "stuff" than the others. Once upon a time, I probably would have said that Kestrel was the completely spoiled one, since she's my only EID girl and I put together an entire wardrobe just for her.

But in the years since I got her, I've ended up having to do that for a few other "unique size" members of the crew, so that's not really a Kes-only thing anymore.

7. I left the hobby for many years, due to health issues. During that time, I sort of fell out of love with my dolls, who lived in a trunk. I've only come back this year, and a new crew is emerging. The actual dolls I have are now the shells for new characters. Of my old crew, it was my boy, Quinn. He had everything his little heart desired. (He's my avatar, in fact)

Now, of the new crew, it seems it's going to be my boy, Cory... who, oddly enough, is the character that's taken over what used to be Quinn. :lol: Most of the other boys are getting things I already had from the old crew. But Cory has a unique style, and so he's getting so much new stuff: clothes, shoes, hats, glasses, etc. I'm even shopping at places I used to call too pricey, like rRabit, for him.

My girls, and my boy, Tierney, are close seconds. I had almost nothing for girls, since I didn't used to bond to girls. Tierney needs suits and dressier clothes that I didn't have, but I'm only planning a few outfits for him and the girls.

8. Yep! Taras, my Doll Family H Su Sha is definitely the most spoiled of the bunch. I justify it to myself by saying well, his character is an emperor so of course he'd have the most nice stuff :lol:

9. My Miyu and MNF Shushu are more spoiled in clothes and wigs than my Pukipuki, mostly because it’s easier to find clothes for them. My Pukipuki makes up for it by having more props since there’s more available at her scale.

10. Currently my pukifee is my most spoiled kid. I just love how he poses and his little face...I wish there was more male clothing options for him but he's definitely my favorite so far. However my MDD is slowly getting up there in terms of outfit spoiling xD

11. Uh yeah, that would be Victor (my Fifth Motif Venitu based on the character from Yuri on Ice!!!). I love buying him clothes. Haha. There used to be so few clothing options for Fifth Motif guys, but now there is a lot more and also I'm better at guessing what might fit him from other doll sizes...so I get very excited when I find things that look like what he would wear! :D

12. It's a tossup between my (off topic) smartie and my AOD Zimei, Xy'da! Xy is my FFXIV shell so she's spoiled cause I am working on finding all the parts to her most common outfits.

13. Yes, my msd Doll Leaves Ida in Aspen tan. She was my 4th doll and surprised me at becoming my favorite. It just sort of happened and has been that way for the past few years and I spoil her the most.

14. uhhhm Yeah >> I have a few dolls that're VERY spoiled.
      I don't even have my Trinity yet, but i bought alotta clothes for her before she was even made. Most of it will come with her, i also bought a good selection of childrens clothes for her to try out. If it doesn't fit, then i can easily just cut the clothes up and make other clothes with it.
      I also have a most beautiful Lucywen from Fairyland who i've had since April but i'm already buying her an extra body with smaller breasts to fit more clothes, and another limited outfit, shoes and wig. The day i got her i bought her a limited outfit with shoes aswell XD Kinda sorta also ordered a custom dress online with another wig too. (also before i actually had her at that)
      My other dolls also gets new stuff from time to time but my newest dolls and very first doll (SD boy) has the most clothes XD the smallest ones (yosd's) has the very least and only planning on one outfit for them as they're fairies.

15. Yup. I've found so many cute clothes in YOSD size, so my Honey Delf has an amazing wardrobe! And she's also my favorite.

16. No; I thought it was going to be that way when I started, but having one doll 'done' just puts into stark relief the others not being done (which I don't like at all!!), which has resulted in money being spent fairly evenly. At least for now!

17. I spoil all my dolls at different times, I think at different points all of my dolls have been spoiled but currently i'm spoiling my newest boy (and grail) my volks Hewitt JinHyuk! I bought him two pairs of shoes, two dresses (one of which is like 80 dollars), he's been given some clothes from my other dolls that didn't suit them too and i've been crocheting him some dresses myself! Its always fun spoiling a new doll, the problem is have way too many clothes now lol

18. I want to say my most spoiled doll is my first girl, my LUTS Clary (Sakuya). But since my Miwa came home, I feel like the actual answer is her. I think Sakuya is always spoiled since she was the first one but I admit a lot of clothes I had bought for her for for the eventual shell of my OC Rei, which is what Miwa became. It's fun spoiling them but at the same time, I feel bad that I neglect one over the other and now I feel caught in the cycle of trying to appease one after another :XD:

19. I feel like they all spoild but at different times. It has happened that i just focus on one of them for a month or two. But then i get reall focused on another on after that.

20. I think anyone who's seen me around the hobby for the last decade knows
      that STELLA the Littlefee Troll
      is spoiled rotten beyond belief. That doll has a better wardrobe than me, and a lot of fun toys including a flash camera, and her own specific-for-her dolly carrier and her own specific-for-her dolly stool/chair. If I had to give up all of them except one, I'd hide Pip the puki in my pocket and keep Stella.