1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Have That ONE Doll That Sticks Out?

May 7, 2011

1. Definitely my Dollfie Dream :lol: I have a variety of Tiny, 1/4 and 1/3 dolls so in terms of size she's not unique. Most of my dolls dress pretty much similarly too, so that's not it. But the ANIME OMG-ness of her is definitely jaw-dropping next to the rest of my prissy-looking kinda-period/posh bunch :XD: She's dressed elegantly, but I wanted to keep her with the anime style because that's why I fell in love with Dollfie Dreams in the first place, so her animetic eyes definitely make her look extremely odd :XD: I love her to pieces though, and she's one of my favourites despite her uniqueness in my collection! I do plan on getting her a friend (I want the sweet, cross looking DD too, heee~) but not right now :lol:

I guess Soom Amber will also be a unique addition, since she'll be my biggest doll with her hooves on. I wonder how my 1/3 boys will feel about being dwarfed by a girl *snk* :lol:

2. i think it is my little monica enrill. he is the only normal guy where my others are fantasy creatures
      he is also the only SD i have where the others are MSD

i also have a sphaler i share with my sister but he if not for his size he would fit in with my other dolls

3. Hmm...well, I have mainly boys, and the girls that I do have are small busted and kind of playful/slightly tomboyish, and then I have Johanna, my Or-Doll Heye on her Ariadoll big bust body and she's..pretty much a sexy bombshell XDDD I don't really feel she sticks out in a negative way though, she just..has more boob than all my other girls combined! Other than that, I have one Puki and one MSD between all SD's, but that's just more variety than really a doll that sticks out.

4. Probably my 09 Luts Wintery. He's way more stylized than most of my other dolls and thus sticks out a bit. But I still like him because I use him to try mods and he always gives me new ideas because of that.

5. My newest boy, Soom Ender. Most of my dolls are either white skin or otherwise pale skinned - but my new boy is tan. From another point of view, my Obitsu Gretel stands out as my only female doll, with the rest being boys. Honestly, depending on how you look at it, just about any one of my dolls would stick out as different or odd. O.o

6. Even though my girls do look odd together, I guess the one that sticks out the most is my GD goth Lucy. My other two girls have fantasy feet and are white skin, but my Lucy is a normal skin SD with nothing out of the ordinary, except her scar.

7. I guess that would be Rosamund, my Iplehouse Tania. She is the lone doll in my collection that is shorter than the 60-cm range (20+ dolls at the moment). I keep everyone on display in my office, and she looks like such a little kid next to all the "grown-ups." Her (lack of) size definitely makes her stand out.

8. Well size-wise it would be my Lusion Dahlia because she's a freaking giant. Otherwise it would probably be my Souldoll Agnetha because she looks about 10 years older at minimum than any of my other dolls.

9. Even though my dolls can vary stylistically, they still have something in common (usually hooves and horns are involved somewhere). Probably my most "out-of-place" character at this point would be my Luts Fenny. She’s an anthro and smaller than the Yo’s I have (SDs and MSDs goes without saying). But since she acts as a spirit / ghost wherever she is in involved, it’s no big deal (:

10. Even though I only have one MSD in the collection, I think that Tiras (DZ Isabel) is the one who stands out because she has elf ears and is generally a fantasy doll. She is also nude at the moment poor thing lol!

11. Absolutely. Nearly all of my dolls are in the 65-70CM range. I have a single SOOM tiny (Grit, to be exact) who sticks out like a sore thumb. Not only is a different resin color (all of my other boys are WS and he is gray) but he's half or a third their size. I love him and wouldn't trade him for anything (I bought him straight from SOOM when he was released) but he's certainly not a 'normal' purchase for me. I usually don't like anything smaller than an MSD, and never planned to own anything smaller than an SD.

12. I have a bunch of tiny fae things, a group of Medieval SDs, and two modern fantasy MSDs... and then there's Copernica. SHe looks nothing remotely like any of my other dolls, but I made her as more of an art doll, and she is what she is meant to be.

13. I don't really. At least not yet anyway. Out of three dolls, they're all pretty much equally oddballs. One looks like she popped out of some obscure anime, one is a tiny fairy, the last is while human in appearance is still very interesting in her own right with her face primarily hidden behind a fox mask. And my next doll that I'm planning is going to be a small faun and after that another anime girl.... None of them really stick out, at least to me. I suppose my Dollfie Dream (anime) girl is pretty unusual to some people.

14. My Hatter (MSD sized Johnny Depp DIM minimee) is definitely my stand out. All my other dolls are girls and have more stylized (slightly anime) features by design...but Hatter looks dead-on like Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter character from Tim Burton's movie "Alice". Truth is I adore his sculpt completely...he looks even more like Johnny Depp than the SD version in my opinion, and I was part of the group who originally designed and ordered this head, so I'm very proud of that (we deliberately chose a more mature look for him, like his character in "Legend of Sleepy Hollow", and it gives the head a wonderful depth of character.) All my other dolls' stories revolve around Hatter...he's the hub of my collection.

15. I have two very different groups of doll, three of them are more realistic and the other two are super dolly-like, so not realistic at all, but although when they're together look very funny, I find it an awesome group :D
      Well, to tell the truth they don't usually share photoshots, but, who cares.

16. i have one MSD and a few average sized SDs, then a puki..... just one.... never with the big dolls....

17. I do. All of my dolls are non-threatening and pretty human-looking (even the mermaids!) but I have one Princess P 3rd from Notdoll Lab and she is scary and ghostly. She really does stand out from the rest.

18. I'd probably have to say either Stain because she's got grey resin while all but one of the rest of my dolls have normal or white or tan (excluding my off topic Squee who's glow in the dark) or Syvastian because if you look at my dolly shelf I have a few tinies with fantasy parts that don't really stand out and then he has these HUGE pitch black Chrom wolf feet that have more resin in one paw than a Puki has in its entire body.

And once I get my Glot Nereus finished he will probably stand out more because most of my kids wear casual clothes (albeit a couple with tons of jewelry) and he'll have this hugely elaborate mermaid tail and fantasy parts from three different Soom tinies (Glot hooves, Iv arms and Taco horns) and a custom dread wig with tons of beads strung onto it. All that on a Yo-sized doll is bound to get some attention. He doesn't have his tail or wig or horns yet and his outfit is already eye catching XD

19. I think my Sying stands out the most. All my dolls are Dollzone's, except for Sying, who is an Angel Fantasy ^-^
      Other than that they are all MSD (except for that one tiny who is on her way) and the amount of girls and boys is equal.

20. That would be Lola for me. Most of my dolls are SD+, then two Yo-sized, and only one MSD and one anthro. But Kayla and Bunny don't really stick out the way Lola does. Lola is extra tiny, and my only tan doll, and she's a rich chocolate color at that! She's also my lil sassy dryad, in a doll family that mostly consists of humans/demons/kitty-people. She doesn't fit into my crew at all, but when I saw her on the MP I just fell in love and couldn't resist her.