1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you hug your Dolls when you are upset/lonely?

Nov 1, 2010

1. Yeah, I huge my KDF Ani Fo-ru when things get really hard :3 It makes me feel better.

2. That depends on what kind of upset I am. If it is the right kind of upset I might get Noble or Aric out to hold. They are the most comforting of my dolls. They are heavy and reassuring. If I am going to cry (and I don't do it often) I want to be absolutely alone to do so. I might have a doll with me but I would not hold them to do so. I might talk to them (or more appropriately the character that they represent) but I would not hold the actual doll. If I cuddled anything it would be my plush wolf.

3. I do cuddle my dolls when I get upset and talk to the charcter. I have on character Juilian who is a protector shadow elf. He is the one that protects me so when I get upset I go hang around him for awhile. He's comforting.

4. that's the purpose of my SD guy xDD

5. I guess I dont really feel better when I hug my dolls, but Ive noticed that when Im down I pay more attention to my moody boy Zenith. Somehow photographing him upset helps me cope? XD;; We angst together I guess? haha~ XD;

But I suppose in terms of just being more easy to love/more hug-able my ED Red named Aiden is perfect for that. X3

6. Yeah, in a manner of sorts. When I am feeling down I often grab my Issac and sit him on my lap while I mope about. He's not really a cuddly type object but having him around does give me comfort

7. I do like holding my dolls when I'm upset, especially my AOD 90cm doll because he is so heavy it feels comforting, but if I need to cry at home I have two big stuffed dolls I made that sit on my bed. They get squeezed tight as I sob away.

8. I don't hug her, but I usually hold Adia and play with her hands. That makes me feel better.

9. No. Dolls are beautiful and wonderful, but also full of pointy uncomfortable joints :lol: I don't usually get upset, but when I do I usually call the bf and cuddle a stuffed toy. But I sometimes sit them around me when I feel sad. I mean, it's typical for me to have one nearby, but if I'm upset I'll drag all of them out and line them up and be in a wall of doll :lol: But not so much with the cuddles.

10. I hug them all the time, to any mood! When im sad, happy, excited anything! I always have my dolls in my arms <3

11. This is a slightly sensitive thing for me to bring up, but since this is such a large community I'm sure that I must not be alone in my thoughts.

I have a lot of anxiety about going to school, or even just going some places. (Ironically, working at a job actually relaxes me, yet school really stresses me out.) I don't really wish to explain why I have these problems here, but I've often taken 'something' with me as a sort of comfort item. I have a pukipukisha coming home soon, and I figure since she is small enough to fit into my purse she can serve as my comfort buddy. I'm also considering a littlefee that might fit into my messenger bag (protected safely, of course.)

I suppose I am curious - do any of you have a doll like this that accompanies you places for this reason in particular or a similar one?

I also want to emphasize that I am far from a child - I'm 26 and married (with only fur-kids!), and despite these things I just feel that it is a big help for me to have something with me as a comfort item for when I feel that anxiety start to creep up (right now, it is a plastic snail that I keep in my pocket. Don't worry - he won't be replaced of course.)

12. I was similar when I was young, luckily with some help I outgrew it for the most part. I don't think there's a way to actually debate this, it's more of a discussion. But I do have to offer you a bit of advice from personal experience, be careful about what you carry around with you as comfort items, specially when it comes to expensive ones.

I've had a few expensive comfort items get stolen or lost over the years when I was in public with them. For this reason, I make sure the comfort items I do take out in public with me are cheap ones. It's bad enough to have a comfort item stolen (specially if it was a truly beloved one), but it is even worse if it was expensive and will be hard or impossible to replace. For this reason, a comfort BJD may not be such a good idea as a cheaper comfort item like you already have.

13. (Actually, I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry, mods, please move this to the general discussion section!)

Thank you for your feedback, though. I hadn't thought about that risk, though I'm extremely careful with my things when I'm out and about. Still, that's something I will consider.

14. >_<! so we all hug our dolls! I tend to carry Rini or Kumiko for comfort. Someone in my family actually saw me hugging my dolls and said," how old are you already why are you still hugging your dolls when you are upset or something? " In fact he/she made me feel even worst after that.

Thats why i ended up asking this question..

15. Eh, these few weeks have been hellish in school due to all the group projects and stuff, so I decided to bring the smallest of my boys down to school with me to sit around and watch me do work. It was just an experiment, but I found it quite calming, and it helped me focus on doing work, when I usually have the attention span of a fruitfly when schoolwork is involved. So he's come along a few more times since then. However, since he's an SD-sized doll, it's really quite tiring to be lugging him around. =_= I guess it helps that my bag is always big and that I drive, though. ^_^

16. I've grabbed my doll for the occasional cuddle when things have been bad, but I don't think I'd take her to work or out and about with me. Several reasons for that---one, as an MSD she's just too darn big, and two (more significantly) that sort of thing just wouldn't help my nerves. It's not the way my brain works, haha.

That said, if it works for you, why not? You do run the risk of having somebody mistake your doll for a cheap plaything, but so long as you're chill about it and the folks around you are decent people, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. You could think of your puki as your little Relaxation Fairy or something! :)

17. ^ This. Except I think it's more convenient for me, since I have a Honey Delf. :XD: I find it therapeutic, not unlike Santa and his little elves. Everyone has their own little security blankets. My little one just happens to be mine! :)

18. See well everyone is different and so they cuddle or get comfort from their dolls differently...

19. No. They aren't really all that huggable. I'd rather hug a soft plushie or something like that.

But, hey, whatever works!!! Hug whatever makes you feel better! Why not???

20. When I'm upset or sad and home alone, or just lonely in general, I tend to grab Riona, my RS Mei, and have her sit with me or on my lap and cuddle with her. She can't fix the reason why I'm sad but she feels very comforting to hold. Also I tend to bring Ukkie (a puki pukisha) along with me a lot and if I feel sad or whatever I can grab him, put him in my pocket or even have him lay on my lap. He's too small to really hug but he's such a cutie and very dear to me, so he tends to cheer me up too.
      I love my other dolls too, but these are my go to dolls when I feel down. They may be a bit harder then a plushie is, but I find them equally comforting :)